Max S FAW Android 10 Firmware Impression

@Logan1 as I said… Check out the tutorial videos. There are a few but all basically the same.
Please remember to use the firmware upgrade option (factory reset not required) or download only (factory reset after).

I know it sounds silly but the reason why level 2 membership is required to download the firmware is because we need people to have researched this before downloading.

Good luck :+1:

5 Likes

thanks @pablo11

2 Likes

@pablo11 sorry pester you again ,ive watched videos but still confused, do i have to insert any file in where it says download agent in the sp tool or do i just leave it as is with the sp tool DA bin that is there when the sp tool opens up, im asking this because you say i have to load the firmware file and the mtk scatter file,i know where to put the scatter file but not the FAW dm101 firmware, i know i get the scatterfile from the firmware folder,so where do i load the firmware in the sp tool?on the step by step guide tutorial i got from @G1NT0N1C it says nothing about loading the firmware?

2 Likes

You don’t touch the DA bin…
I don’t understand why you would think that?
Once you have loaded the scatter file the firmware automatically loads in the flash tool.
All I ever need to do is load the scatter file and set it to firmware upgrade mode and then flash.
It’s very straight forward with MTK devices.

4 Likes

Thanks, thats all i was confused about ,and yes i thought it seemed pretty straight forward,thats why i thought i was missing something…because to be honest i thought it would be a lot more complicated than that…but i get it now…i was confused with you saying…Watch must be powered off.
Load the scatter file and the firmware in the flash tool…but now i understand the scatter file automatically loads the firmware…job done

2 Likes

@Logan1
Good to hear :+1:
Have you flashed it now?
I recommend that you factory reset after flashing, just to be sure.
Cheers.

2 Likes

No not yet,just waiting to receive it,i like to be prepared and make sure i know what im doing before attempting it…and yes i will factory reset after,ive learned from here thats a non brainer after every flash or update

3 Likes

Good plan :+1:

2 Likes

hi, how do you switch from square mode to circle mode on the FAW A10 version…and is there anything else i need to set up like battery optimisation or anything,ive noticed the stock faces dont fill the screen is there anything i can do to remedy that??? i have just flashed to this version on the ticwris max s same as you…any help is appreciated…i dont want keep mithering the admin i get the impression i am getting on there nerves

Press and hold the power button. Choose “scale”.

1 Like

Well, if a moderator stops responding at some point, they’re probably asleep. Moderators sleep from time to time. We are already considering using AI-supported moderation systems instead of live moderators. We’re still hesitating between Chat GTP and BARD.
We’ll probably choose BARD because it’s a lot cheaper and we don’t have a lot of money…

5 Likes

I was working today and asleep when you were having issues @Logan1
Sorry mate but I am in the Australian time zone and the other 3 guys are in Europe / UK time zone…
I think I already explained that we do this in our spare time.
We all have jobs, family and lives (believe it or not, lol)

2 Likes

Im aware of that,i was just asking alot of questions and as said am aware of what you just said thats why im paranoid of asking to many questions and getting on peoples nerves

1 Like

i have no option for scale when i press the power button

Ok, obviously it was removed because it is no longer needed. Usually all apps should be displayed on the entire screen.

3 Likes

The fitness app doesnt seem to be working correctly for me on FAW A10 firmware, the GPS is enabled in settings and on the fitness app,but for instance when i start the fitness app say for a walk its shows the timer and heartrate, but doesnt register steps,kmh,etc etc and when ive finished and saved it and go to historical track it shows the map but with no markers or route of my workout,but if go to the home screen where the watchface is and swipe up where it takes you to fitness shortcut ,it has my last workout data there???any ideas whats wrong?

Yep, we didn’t bother focusing on the fitness app.
It was not a priority for us.
As I said before, the DM101 firmware was something that I spun up and it is “as is”
There is an fitness apk file that you can try.
It should be attached to the FAW RC1 firmware thread.

3 Likes

ok thanks, i will try that

Do i have to unzip the file, or drag and drop as it is into the watches download folder then install it?

Unzip the .apk file . Drag drop into watch folder ( any ) and tap to install

3 Likes