Lokmat APPLLP 4 Z36 C17_D4 Official support thread

Yes, that was my thought too.

Yep itā€™s the Chinese firmware, thatā€™s why: Z36_CH_V03_20210426

Can I side load the english firmware somehow?

You can check this guide here, the corresponding firmware file can be found on the original post.

1 Like

You are all awesome. Thank you for the assist!

2 Likes

What do you guys do for apps where the buttons are just outside the clickable viewport on the screen?

Switch in square mode ?

2 Likes

Oh I just found it. Hold down the power button! It was just in an obscure place for me. MUCH better. Again, you guys are awesome, thank you!

2 Likes

My first impressions after a few days:
Good battery run time. Good build quality. Usable GPS. Bluetooth not tested yet.
No google contacts sync and the workaround i found in the forum is not installable.
Unusable heart rate sensor. I donĀ“t understand why, itĀ“s state-of-the-art technology nowadays.
20% battery loss with built in running app in 3,5 hours. Not bad.
I canĀ“t keep my favorite running app from not getting closed when the screen is off. Even though battery saver is off and the app is not optimized in battery settings. ThatĀ“s annoying.
And: I get frequent pseudo display presses when app is running. I think itĀ“s an internal EMR-Problem, because it depends on the app iĀ“m running.
So: All in i really hope there will be a FAW FW soon (if at all) because it might improve my user experience a lot and fix some problems.

Which running app are you using ?

adidas running

Not tried this app . I thought it might have been MRA which randomly stops working even when Not Optimized and has unlimted data access .

I found it. Thereā€™s this ā€œoptimizationā€ app, which settings deoptimized my running app. :grin:
So

1. Switch off battery optimization in app settings
  2. Disable battery saver
  3. Open optimization app and disable ā€œbattery saverā€ in ā€œclean taskā€. Itā€™s obvious, isnā€™t it?
1 Like

Good news . This procedure is different across the newest watches so its easy to miss it :+1:

Still Satan is controlling my watch.
The random keypresses increase drastically after battery saver is off now.

Iā€™ve enabled visible touches in developer settings.

It looks like a hardware issue. Try to send it back to the seller to get a refund.

There is a touch panel firmware update coming soon hopefully.
The design team are working on it.

Strangely a flash of the firmware seems to help.
But there is a proper fix coming :+1:

1 Like

Interesting. Just a Software- issue? Good news!:+1:

1 Like

Is my problem a known issue?
Aliexpress/Lokmart already told me to send back the watch and gave me tracking code.
Should i wait? Because i now only have up to 14 days to send back.

they use software filters to fix a hardware EMR issue, i bet, hahaha.
How i know? iĀ“m a hardware related SW-Developer myself. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Not software, firmware.
The touch panel needs a firmware fix.
Just for the touch panel alone.
Itā€™s a calibration problem.
It is being discussed with the factory right now.

However, after watching your video it seems far more intense on your watch.
I will ask about it but it may well be better to return yours due to the severity of the problem.

Personally I would return it.
I see it was Aliexpress.
It might be worth contacting the Lokmat after sales team to see if they can help with postage costs.

2 Likes