LEMFO LES1 - First steps & questions

Hi all,

my name is Cris, I’m from Italy and I’m new of the forum 

Yesterday I bought a Lemfo LES1 from Gearbest. Tomorrow perhaps it’ll start its trip from China to Italy and I’ll receive in 10 - 15 days.

Anyway, I’ve read all the most important threads on this nice forum related to the LES1 but I would like to ask / summarize my questions :

1. I want to root it. Absolutely. I’ve searched but I cannot find a certain and sure way to do it… Someone could provide me links to some tutorials ?

2. I’ve read regarding “eric’s launcher”. Don’t know it, never hear of it on my several smartphones in this years… Some links to download it ?

3. It’s possible to flash directly the smartwatch with the stock cable & stock dock ? There’s a tutorial better than a 1 minute of video in youtube ?

4. I would like to buy a new strap and a new battery, just to be sure. It’s possible to buy them ? Where ?

5. It’s possible to use the stock cable & stock dock to connect the watch to my PCs ? In order to use it as an MTP device I mean, to copy music, photos, …

Thank you very much 

welcome

1. use search tool root+les1
  2. use search tool eric+launcher
  3. yes
  4. alibaba ?
  5. yes
Sept 26, 2017 12:12:06 GMT 1 ricktop said:
welcome 1) use search tool root+les1 2) use search tool eric+launcher 3) yes 4) alibaba ? 5) yes

1) Found the thread :

/thread/30/rooting-proper

but the link for downloading the Root / TWRP pack is NOT WORKING

1. Found the thread also here :

/thread/1529/universal-launcher-new-generation-2

and I’ve downloaded APK V 2.3.2

1. Even I looked for it in the forum, I cannot find a tutorial step-by-step in order to flash a firmware. Anyway, I’ve downloaded latest release ( Z10-YFZ-V09-20170713.rar )

2. Alibaba ? No

No straps for the Lemfo LES1

1. Woah nice 

I have ordered straps directly from Lemfo. About 10$ as I recall.

Thank u, I’ve followed a link and I could see the strap on Lemfo site. But I can’t understand the material… It’s belt ? Or plastic ? Or something else ?

EDIT : where to find a screen protector ? Tempered glass or something else ? 

I didn’t get it yet. However, as I understood it is replacement, so, same as original. The problem is that there is antenna in the straps, so you have to use the original strap, mine is black rubber.

Sept 29, 2017 9:40:09 GMT 1 szatezalo said:
I didn't get it yet. However, as I understood it is replacement, so, same as original. The problem is that there is antenna in the straps, so you have to use the original strap, mine is black rubber.

Yes, I know, I've seen the video. Anyway I wait for the watch and then I'll buy the strap as a backup 

NB I bought it on gearbest 5 days ago but it’s always in “processing” status     

From gearbest no news, the package seems to be shipped out but the tracking doesn’t exist I think that my watch has been lost…

Oct 4, 2017 19:12:21 GMT 1 pycon said:
From gearbest no news, the package seems to be shipped out but the tracking doesn't exist

I think that my watch has been lost…

you have to contact GB and demand that they give you tracking info i do’nt like these sites that is why i prefer aliexpress and even if the cost is highier (not that much).

Chris you might be a bit more patient. I’m not defending any of these merchants but unfortunately we have to deal through them. My 3 purchases from China took at least 12 to 14 days to receive the watch, shipped to the US. Usually they tell you there is 3 days or more to process the order, before shipping. Not sure how the postal system in Europe works but doubt it is any faster. BangGood does provide a good tracking number that links through our postal system and activates once the package reached the US. 
Just wanted to pass along my experiences. I would not panic this soon.

Agree GB and BG are two serious sites, always have received my orders.

After only ONE MONTH, I’ve received my LES1 and… Bluetooth doesn’t connect to my phone ( Meizu PRO5 )

I’ve problems on Wifi too 'cause MAC address changes every boot of the watch.

So, first thing, before rooting : what’s latest watch firmware? And I can find it?

Thx

Oct 29, 2017 13:40:40 GMT 1 pycon said:
After only ONE MONTH, I've received my LES1 and... Bluetooth doesn't connect to my phone ( Meizu PRO5 )

So, first thing, before rooting : what’s latest watch firmware? And I can find it?

Thx

Hi, this is the link /thread/1036/les-1-stock-firmware

the newest is the Z10-YFZ-V09-20170713

Oct 29, 2017 22:59:25 GMT 1 jaeson said:
Oct 29, 2017 13:40:40 GMT 1 pycon said:
After only ONE MONTH, I've received my LES1 and... Bluetooth doesn't connect to my phone ( Meizu PRO5 )

Thx

Hi, this is the link /thread/1036/les-1-stock-firmware

the newest is the Z10-YFZ-V09-20170713

Ok, thx. My watch comes with this version so no need to update up to now.

Speaking of my probs… If I try to connect it directly by BT system settings, NO WAY I’ve tried with Meizu Pro 5, Huawei P9 and LG G3, every phone with Nougat 7.1.X Nothing. If I install on a phone Watch Droid Phone and on the watch Watch Droid Assistant, ok, something happens. I can play phone music on the phone and doing a call. But nothing else, no camera remote control, no notifications, no sms, nothing else. What’s the trick?!

With Watch Droid you don’t get remote camera. On my watch you have to have WiiWatch (preferably) installed to use the remote camera function. With Watch Droid your notifications may only appear in the app if it is not set up properly. It is the first icon on the left, when you open the app. I also found the reason I was not receiving my phone notifications thru either of these apps was because I had not set the phone up correctly to receive them. Suggest you go back to square one and make sure your apps are correctly set up. Also make sure you have the latest update of Watch Droid, I believe Oct 25, 17. It has more flexibility in setting up the app.

Oct 30, 2017 14:06:04 GMT 1 capt jon said:
With Watch Droid you don't get remote camera. On my watch you have to have WiiWatch (preferably) installed to use the remote camera function. With Watch Droid your notifications may only appear in the app if it is not set up properly. It is the first icon on the left, when you open the app. I also found the reason I was not receiving my phone notifications thru either of these apps was because I had not set the phone up correctly to receive them. Suggest you go back to square one and make sure your apps are correctly set up. Also make sure you have the latest update of Watch Droid, I believe Oct 25, 17. It has more flexibility in setting up the app.

Naaaa remote camera was just an example. I need notification !!!! This one I need

Yes, Watch Droid Phone is the latest version posted on Play Store and Watch Droid Assistant ( on the watch ) too…

Maybe my problems are due on the NOUGAT SYSTEM on every phone of mine ?!?!?!

Sept 26, 2017 13:11:24 GMT 1 pycon said:
Sept 26, 2017 12:12:06 GMT 1 ricktop said:
welcome 1) use search tool root+les1 2) use search tool eric+launcher 3) yes 4) alibaba ? 5) yes

2) Found the thread also here :

I've installed Eric Launcher 2.3.2 but the watch is unusable ! Bigger icons, it doesn't respond to touch... I've to reverse back to stock launcher ( "main activity" seems the name )

Don’t know what you’re doing, but : LES1 works ok with Nougat, just turn on BT and the phone app will find it and connect. Also my launcher works ok, have you at least rebooted the watch after Launcher install ? And use the DPI button ?

Oct 30, 2017 22:16:40 GMT 1 pycon said:
Sept 26, 2017 13:11:24 GMT 1 pycon said:
2) Found the thread also here :

I've installed Eric Launcher 2.3.2 but the watch is unusable ! Bigger icons, it doesn't respond to touch... I've to reverse back to stock launcher ( "main activity" seems the name )

I agree with Eric - I have both the Thor and LES1 and they link to my HTC 10 running android 7 without any issue at all

Did you scan the QR code on the watch and get the latest version of Wii Watch for your phone ?

Oct 31, 2017 13:47:04 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Don't know what you're doing, but : LES1 works ok with Nougat, just turn on BT and the phone app will find it and connect. Also my launcher works ok, have you at least rebooted the watch after Launcher install ? And use the DPI button ?

Yap, that’s solved. Watch was in “little mode”, instead of “full mode”. I think what u means with DPI button

Anyway, my pairing doubt is the following: using since years other watches, MTK based, I see every time I’m using a watch the status CONNECTED in the device name, on the phone ( Settings / Bluetooth / Devices ).

For example, using my DZ09 or my U80 watches, when a watch is paired to the phone, the status connected remains on the phone for hours and hours, until I disconnect two devices. On these types of watches, Android System based, it seems to be different: only in an app ( on the phone ) the connected status may be visible, not in the Settings of the phone.

It’s normal?