Lemfo Lem4 Pro support

I searched this site over and over again and could not find  much on the lem4 pro smart watch. I am looking for any flashing tidbits and custom roms for this device. I know it’s still fairly new (released a couple of months ago) but I can’t find much support or coverage. I would love to flash a better rom on the device. I haven’t rooted a android device in some time and would def need a process on how to go about flashing and rooting this device. Any help would be great. I have seen every video on youtube covering this watch. I really want to customize my device without losing features. I am running nova launcher on it right now but I miss the OEM lockscreen. I love this device but I think a more updated firmware would do it justice. 

Thanks for your feedback!

Sept 1, 2018 8:38:30 GMT 1 lavared11 said:
I searched this site over and over again and could not find  much on the lem4 pro smart watch. I am looking for any flashing tidbits and custom roms for this device. I know it's still fairly new (released a couple of months ago) but I can't find much support or coverage. I would love to flash a better rom on the device. I haven't rooted a android device in some time and would def need a process on how to go about flashing and rooting this device. Any help would be great. I have seen every video on youtube covering this watch. I really want to customize my device without losing features. I am running nova launcher on it right now but I miss the OEM lockscreen. I love this device but I think a more updated firmware would do it justice. 

Most likely because this forum is for "Round Android Smartwatches" and the last time I checked the Lem4 Pro is a Square Android watch. Check for a forum for Square Android Watches on Google+.

For the moment you can use the G+ Square community, FW link has been posted there.

goo.gl/Bs7di6

Sept 1, 2018 13:16:58 GMT 1 capt jon said:
Sept 1, 2018 8:38:30 GMT 1 lavared11 said:
I searched this site over and over again and could not find  much on the lem4 pro smart watch. I am looking for any flashing tidbits and custom roms for this device. I know it's still fairly new (released a couple of months ago) but I can't find much support or coverage. I would love to flash a better rom on the device. I haven't rooted a android device in some time and would def need a process on how to go about flashing and rooting this device. Any help would be great. I have seen every video on youtube covering this watch. I really want to customize my device without losing features. I am running nova launcher on it right now but I miss the OEM lockscreen. I love this device but I think a more updated firmware would do it justice. 

Most likely because this forum is for "Round Android Smartwatches" and the last time I checked the Lem4 Pro is a Square Android watch. Check for a forum for Square Android Watches on Google+.

Caption, thanks for your sassy response. I searched already for a proboards for square watches, google couldn’t find a site. Ricktop thanks for the suggesiton, I have been on the google + community site as well. I will continue my efforts, thanks.

Sept 1, 2018 16:23:16 GMT 1 lavared11 said:
Sept 1, 2018 13:16:58 GMT 1 capt jon said:

Caption, thanks for your sassy response. I searched already for a proboards for square watches, google couldn’t find a site. Ricktop thanks for the suggesiton, I have been on the google + community site as well. I will continue my efforts, thanks.

Just stating the obvious. Your welcome.

LEM4 Pro battery drains when the SIM card and data connection is on. Can anyone please tell me how to prevent this.

Sept 7, 2018 15:31:31 GMT 1 latasha662 said:
LEM4 Pro battery drains when the SIM card and data connection is on. Can anyone please tell me how to prevent this.

- you can switch from 4G to 3G if is in your coverage - you can disable AutoSync (in account settings) and doing manualy sync in app (if this app enable) or manualy sync in account settings, or latter switch AutoSync on and back off after sync - you can disable data and enable it only if want - you can switch to Airplane if not use data and not want active sim for calling/sms

So is there any way this lem4 pro can be rooted yet? Would really like to remove all the bloatware…

Nov 5, 2018 0:54:05 GMT 1 b12ian said:
So is there any way this lem4 pro can be rooted yet? Would really like to remove all the bloatware..

I have rooted and even created a LineageOS rom for this watch, since the day it came out, but the problem is that there's no way of getting the recovery to display anything on the screen, and everything needs to be done over adb commands, which would be difficult for most people.

That’s why we haven’t released anything. Maybe in a future if I have time I can do a script which does everything automatically, or maybe a tutorial.

1 Like

Sorry for intruding, but it’s hard to find ANY information about custom ROMs for this one at all, thus I take what I can get. I bought one and wait for it to arrive, but I prepare for the the device like I always do ^^ If you ever make a script or a ADB howto to install it, could you please let me/us know? Ah and maybe a lil how to build yourself manual would be nice too. Not my first self built LOS btw, I tinkered with my Galaxy Tab S2 LTE variant for example. Thats why I ask for build instructions too ^^ Ah… which LOS version is it? Porting TWRP recovery makes graphics problems too?

Looking for the USB Drivers and the SP Flash Tool to flash the October update to my LEMFO Lem4 PRO Watch. Any help out there

I used these: /thread/2368/lemfo-lem7

iscle I found your github and most questions are answered now. Except one. So the device base used is from the Nomi I504 Dream. Some ppl managed to port Android 7 to it and now I wonder if this is doable here too. OpenWatchProject seems to have a kernel for our CPU: github.com/OpenWatchProject/android_kernel_mediatek_mt6580 and googling for the Nomi device bombs you with 4pda links with more recent Android versions, like a LOS 14.1. If the hardware is similar to the Nomi one maybe we can steal the blobs they used? Thats what we did for the Galaxy Tab S2 though. GFX was slow and ugly thx to some shims and LuK1337 found a device with newer blobs… poof shimming gone and faster than the original firmware ever was before.

dreimer AvatarNov 28, 2018 9:48:21 GMT 1 dreimer said:iscle I found your github and most questions are answered now. Except one. So the device base used is from the Nomi I504 Dream. Some ppl managed to port Android 7 to it and now I wonder if this is doable here too. OpenWatchProject seems to have a kernel for our CPU: github.com/OpenWatchProject/android_kernel_mediatek_mt6580 and googling for the Nomi device bombs you with 4pda links with more recent Android versions, like a LOS 14.1. If the hardware is similar to the Nomi one maybe we can steal the blobs they used? Thats what we did for the Galaxy Tab S2 though. GFX was slow and ugly thx to some shims and LuK1337 found a device with newer blobs... *poof* shimming gone and faster than the original firmware ever was before.

iscle and dreimer Pls kindly guide us on how make this a greater watch:)

dreimer AvatarNov 28, 2018 9:48:21 GMT 1 dreimer said:iscle I found your github and most questions are answered now. Except one. So the device base used is from the Nomi I504 Dream. Some ppl managed to port Android 7 to it and now I wonder if this is doable here too. OpenWatchProject seems to have a kernel for our CPU: github.com/OpenWatchProject/android_kernel_mediatek_mt6580 and googling for the Nomi device bombs you with 4pda links with more recent Android versions, like a LOS 14.1. If the hardware is similar to the Nomi one maybe we can steal the blobs they used? Thats what we did for the Galaxy Tab S2 though. GFX was slow and ugly thx to some shims and LuK1337 found a device with newer blobs... *poof* shimming gone and faster than the original firmware ever was before.

Sorry, I didn’t see the tag notification… I based the tree on the Nomi because it was one of the only device trees I could find that matched our spec, but that doesn’t mean that they can run the same software, the kernel is quite different. Also, the kernel source from OpenWatch is indeed for our CPU but not for our device, so it won’t even boot with it… The problem with the LEM4 Pro is that the recovery won’t show any display, and I decided not to publish it to avoid confusion… Right now I don’t even know where the files are :joy:

Dec 17, 2018 8:01:15 GMT iscle said:
Sorry, I didn't see the tag notification.... I based the tree on the Nomi because it was one of the only device trees I could find that matched our spec, but that doesn't mean that they can run the same software, the kernel is quite different. Also, the kernel source from OpenWatch is indeed for our CPU but not for our device, so it won't even boot with it... The problem with the LEM4 Pro is that the recovery won't show any display, and I decided not to publish it to avoid confusion... Right now I don't even know where the files are 😂

Ooook, when we both continue that way, this discussion ends in 2022 ^^ This time I COMPLETELY forgot about this thread… sry for that.

So in theory the only way we have is a LOS/AOSP based on Android 5.1, with some luck 6.0, using the official kernel, correct?
No way for something newer thx to the kernel and blobs being predefined, correct?
Kernel / Blob replacement by something newer aka >5.1 supportive is close to impossible, correct?
Installing it would be real fun for newbies because of the needed blind aka console flashing only, correct?

If some of these are not correct, I’d be very happy, but even if not… If you stumble upon your code somewhere, please release it as… PRE Alpha or something like that. ^^ Last firmware from Lemfo was the November one and I am quite sure this will be the last one too. I was quite happy that more than two releases were made of the firmware at all ^^
If you need a few recent blobs here firmware v1.4: drive.google.com/file/d/1C_EzYnuNqVqb10j9Ufs0iU0r7o0GJ45g/view

Dec 17, 2018 8:01:15 GMT iscle said:
Sorry, I didn't see the tag notification.... I based the tree on the Nomi because it was one of the only device trees I could find that matched our spec, but that doesn't mean that they can run the same software, the kernel is quite different. Also, the kernel source from OpenWatch is indeed for our CPU but not for our device, so it won't even boot with it... The problem with the LEM4 Pro is that the recovery won't show any display, and I decided not to publish it to avoid confusion... Right now I don't even know where the files are 😂

Ooook, when we both continue that way, this discussion ends in 2022 ^^ This time I COMPLETELY forgot about this thread..... sry for that.

So in theory the only way we have is a LOS/AOSP based on Android 5.1, with some luck 6.0, using the official kernel, correct?
No way for something newer thx to the kernel and blobs being predefined, correct?
Kernel / Blob replacement by something newer aka >5.1 supportive is close to impossible, correct?
Installing it would be real fun for newbies because of the needed blind aka console flashing only, correct?

If some of these are not correct, I’d be very happy, but even if not… If you stumble upon your code somewhere, please release it as… PRE Alpha or something like that. ^^ Last firmware from Lemfo was the November one and I am quite sure this will be the last one too. I was quite happy that more than two releases were made of the firmware at all ^^
If you need a few recent blobs here firmware v1.4: drive.google.com/file/d/1C_EzYnuNqVqb10j9Ufs0iU0r7o0GJ45g/view

If we can get our hands on the kernel for this device then we could even boot Pie (Android 9) if someone with skills and time is willing to do it! But sadly I don’t have kernel skills (yet)

I will probably do a new 5.1 build soon and i will post twrp and the rom.

And yes, right now the only way to flash things is by flashing recovery with SP Flash Tools and then using ADB commands inside TWRP because the screen doesn’t work.

Thx for reply. Looking forward to check on your work then. ^^ Custom non-bloated Android 5.1 is better than anything we have right now.

dreimer AvatarFeb 6, 2019 8:49:31 GMT dreimer said:
Thx for reply. Looking forward to check on your work then. ^^ Custom non-bloated Android 5.1 is better than anything we have right now.

Yeah, for square watches doing a custom rom is easy, the only features missing are swipe gestures and bluetooth sync (can be solved with aftermarket apps)… However there’s some sort of problem that drains the battery way faster than the stock rom does :confused:

Can you please help us in rooting the LEM 4 pro device …can you give the step by step procedure …so that it is easy for beginners to understand as well…thanks)