LEMFO LEM14 Comes With NFC & 5ATM Waterproof - FALSE

@SmartWatch_Ticks Do you mind using a diagnostic app such as Dev Check https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=flar2.devcheck to generate a summary report for the LEM14 similar to this…

Greetings…!

Thanks Mr. Ticks, that was fantastic. I was on the fence whether to cancel my order no but now I think I’ll wait for it. Hopefully the battery and waterproofing aspects are up to par.

I lived in Hong Kong for a long time and we frequently worked with our neighbours in the mainland, so you learn to take every information from there with a grain of salt. That’s why I was not too bothered with the overblown specs.

1 Like

Thanks Mr Ticks, I think the companies involved that issue false and misleading specifications have just killed the goose that lays the golden egg. A real shame for the industry

1 Like

thanks , but the same Chinese dilema

Well, try to find a full Android watch from well known manufacturers apart from the Wear OS watches - you can bet Xiaomi could design and manufacture a much better quality watch with superb specs, but they won’t. Samsung could create a stellar watch compared to these full Android watches, but they won’t.

There are a few tens of thousands of lunatics like us, who wants to have a full blown smartphone on our wrists, the others want a big display with a big battery (that’s why I have my Kospet Prime as my daily driver phone, BUT I also have 1.) an ASUS ROG Phone 3 with 12GB of RAM which has a 144Hz AMOLED display and a 6.000mAh battery, 2.) a Ulefone Armor 3WT with a 10Ah battery and full IP69K everything-proofedness :wink:) plus a built-in walkie-talkie, and 3.) a Unihertz Jelly 2 mini smartphone, which has a 2Ah battery, but it’s also on A10, and it’s sooo cute :smile:).

You can bet, big manufacturers won’t create full-blown smartphone-watches like these.
What’s true: these watches are better and better with each passing year - less than 5 years ago I had a Z80 “smartwatch”, it also had full Android, a SIM slot, speaker and such, but with a 4 hours battery life… @SmartWatch_Ticks’s review of the Z80 watch from 2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKsiukVlHxE

Edit: I had to watch the whole video about Z80 again after years - it’s a pity that a watch from 2016 wasn’t that bad compared to today’s ones :wink:. Its AnTuTu score was below 16K, the Prime has a score around 25K?, while the new P22 SoC has around 57K, so there is development and progression, just don’t be impatient. (Believe me, the Z80 was SO BAD compared to the Kospet Prime, it was almost unusable, but it still was a MIRACLE in 2016!)

5 Likes

Hey guys… HNY! Just wondering why LEMFO don’t actually list the LEM14 on their website? I really like the waterproof spec. Will we really be able to swim or work in the rain, wash car etc. with the LEM14?

I’ve been using Full Android watch phones for several years as my daily device, the waterproof spec would really be very useful.

1 Like

Does this new firmware allow you to install and go through the setup of Android Auto app? Or does the Android Auto crash during setup like the LEM12 PRO??

I have been in this, I don’t even remember my first watch, but I know it has been years, but my dilemma is why,why they still doing this shit try to foolish around to us the customer and even with have Pablo and his group thanks to them we know what is going on. I know the watch it’s a good price, 5 ATM, but at least is Ip68 better than others watches​:+1:, the camera I don’t care too much :-1:, the display is fine, 1.60" but I want 450x450 resolution and I am not sure about the Corning gorilla 4 generation :lying_face: and besides all the this they lie pretty bad in the battery capacity. So I will not support the lie and I don’t understand why Lemfo and Banggood keep this for too long, yeah manufacturer lie but their company names are involved.:sob:.
Yeah definitely I want better full android SW with features and I know it will come, so Jason make the Genesis 10 pro SW sooner.

2 Likes

Marketing is 75% bullsh…t - you won’t be younger from that lotion, your skin won’t be smoother from that cream, or at least only a little, not by that much the ads promised.
Marketing is about luring new customers in, so somebody from LEMFO wanted to sell more watches - displaying the naked truth would have been the straight and right way, but it would have sold a lot less watches with mediocre cameras, a lot smaller battery.
If you can wait for a few more months, I bet there will be a lot more A10 watches, even from Kospet who plays without cheating, they always deliver what they promised.
If you can wait for a few more years, in 2023 there will be AWESOME watches compared to today’s watches.
Marketing is about selling the same sh…t for more and to more people. If you think Gucci has better quality than the average, you’re wrong, but it has the added value of its brand and reputation. KOSPET is more respected than LEMFO, LEMFO has better quality than ZEBLAZE, and so on.

So all in all: you’re right, but if you believe what an ad says, it’s your fault. (The Samsung Fold 2 doesn’t have real glass screen, even if it was advertised as it has, the Apple sapphire glass is only a glass with a very thin sapphire coating on it…)

3 Likes

Also can you please test if you can connect to a hidden wifi to your router with the LEM14. It’s not possible to do so with the LEM12 PRO with the current firmware.

Thank you

It’s the same board.
The connectivity capabilities are the same.
The firmware is almost exactly the same as the LEM12 Pro.

Thank you Pablo[quote=“pablo11, post:158, topic:59615”]
The firmware is almost exactly the same
[/quote]

Thank you

Well said :+1:

Hi Pablo,

Hope you’re well.

I’m not keen on LEMFO, you might remember I had screen issues on two LEMX’s and never got my devices back from LEMFO!

But I’m keen on the water resistance of the LEM14 if it’s true? Would you by chance know if the IP rating makes it okay for swimming and washing car etc.? ie: IP67 / 68

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Hi mate,
I am really sorry but I cannot say if that is ok or not.
a) we don’t have the device yet to test it.
b) I am always reluctant to endorse waterproofing on full Android watch phones.
c) would you feel comfortable doing this with your mobile phone strapped to your arm…?
(sounds stupid but I treat these the same as my mobile, and personally I would not do these things with a mobile phone)

Cheers mate. I understand.

I do use my smartwatch (Prime 2 at the moment) as my mobile phone!

I would love water resistance, I sail on the harbour weekly and access to apps on deck would be fantastic if you know what I mean…

I can’t imagine LEMFO would honor the warranty if water did get in anyway! :wink:

I appreciate showing the resolution on the camera, but how to actually verify whether they are true or fake/upscaled/interpolated?
Could it be possible that you take some pictures and share them in Google drive so we can compare by eyes? (almost like a camera review but perhaps this is out of your channel scope?)

1 Like

delete please

Great app @gonzoKK !! I’ve installed it and run a report for you. Edited out the serial no and added “LEM14” to the top. Here’s the report from DevCheck:

5 Likes

Here’s the report on the LEM12 PRO for comparison. Not sure why the 2nd camera isn’t appearing at all on this report or why it only showed the first line about the 2nd camera on the LEM14 report.

3 Likes