LEMFO LEM P 4gb + 64gb (Prime style watch) support thread

Hello all

I write this opinion to know if anyone has passed the same thing, is a kind of severe bug cause represents a complete lack of privacy, if if you are not near the Watch!

I bought to use it has standalone watch with Sim inserted, but the watch answers automatically any incoming call, even if is leaved over a table, chair, anything…it answers any income call without be near the user (SIM card inserted, no BT call).

Beside this it doesn’t even ring the call, it answers alone/imediatelly any number that interacts with the Sim number inserted. In mobile phone works normally, but since i put on Lemfo watch, the watch answer anything automatically even if not near the phone.

This is not a normal situation, and represents a total lack of privacy having the watch somewhere home, office…it answer any call automatically, don’t even let the caller ring 1,2,3 times for example…it answers alone.

Regards to you all mates :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll check this. Thanks for reporting. :+1:

3 Likes

I can’t confirm. What’s your build number?

My Build-Number is DM_LEMP_V1.4_2021. It works fine. The call is rejected if I don’t touch it. I would try a factory reset to fix the problem.

2 Likes

Hi thanks by your sympathy to check yours

I have the watch for some days, but i follow this thread before, and was she that took me to buy it.

i tried to upload now a photo/video here, but says i don’t have permissions.

My build is strange, is V1.1 when you guys are all on the V1.3/1.4, i bought the watch last week on one Lemfo Oficial Store in Aliexpress (i made already a complaint to them, waiting response)

My watch don’t have the ability to reject calls, and the privacy question is unsustainable, i can be for example in room sleeping and if someone call to the Sim number on the watch, it answers automatically the call :scream:

And on Wifi update, says there is no version available to update, is dead end on V1.1… i tried already programmer mode but no option on calls module.

Have you tried a factory reset? This might solve your problem.

1 Like

Did you (or perhaps previous owner) by accident enable auto answer ?
It may not be same menu structure on our watches, and I don’t have your model so I can’t try.

https://mobilepains.com/auto-answer-calls-on-android/

2 Likes

There aren’t any setting like that on this device.

1 Like

@Johnpt Ok, I have a feeling that you may have skipped this step, so I’ll rewrite this here. You said you only received the watch a few days ago. It is highly recommended to always perform a factory reset first. There are many problems that can arise if this step is forgotten. Your problem could also have been caused by it. So the question again, have you already done this?

4 Likes

Hello to all you guys

I did a factory reset, has you sugested, and solved this “call bug” :wink:

Now work all ok, and with factory reset appear new funcion, like “app hibernization/frozen”.

Despite that i continue stocked on V1.1 of Firmware, i think some of you are on 1.3/1.4.

Beside this, a hint to you all, i use on my mobile phones and now on this smartwatch, use 2/3G on standby, 4G just for a emergency, 4G on a 1000Mah device, just goes long few hours :relaxed:

Cumpliments to all

2 Likes

I’m glad that we solved this… :wink:

3 Likes

It is a strange problem indeed.
@G1NT0N1C do these watches have the “dual operating system” launcher?
I don’t remember :thinking:

It may be worth connecting to Wi-Fi and check for wireless update. Flashing firmware on the PC is not a good experience for these Android 9 Unisoc watches. :pensive:

It is possible that the “sports mode” or “power saving” launcher option is causing the issue.
It applies the horrible task killer which puts almost all processes to sleep.

I will check this firmware version if I can find it because it sounds like a nasty bug or a bad app installed.

Glad you advised a factory reset G.
It’s the best thing to do :+1:

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I bought my Lemfo Lem P 1gb + 16gb from Aliexpress and I’ve not been able to start up the watch since it was delivered. The watch is stuck on the lemfo logo screen whenever I plug the watch to charge. As long as the watch is plugged to charge, the lemfo logo screen keeps going on and off until I remove the charger. Sometimes it shows the green battery icon moving up to show that it is charging but goes off whenever i remove the charger. The power button only works when the watch is plugged but does not respond when charger is disconnected.

I got in touch with the seller and was told to charge for 2-3 hours…I have charged it for more than 12 hours yet the watch is not coming up.

I also read and tried several suggestions on this forum to perform a factory reset but the watch doesn’t enter factory reset mode. I have tried accessing the internal storage by connecting to my PC but not able to access the storage…I hear the PC USB connect sound and the disconnect sound after few seconds but no access to the storage.

Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do? Shipping the item back to the seller is really a headache for me now…

Normally I would recommend flashing the firmware. But this isn’t really an option with A9 Watches. Another option would be to disconnect the battery. But I would advise against this with a new watch, as there is a risk of destroying it. The most sensible option seems to me to be to send the watch back. Sorry I don’t have better news for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @G1NT0N1C I don’t mind the 1st and 2nd options actually. I could flash the firmware if there are chances it would resolve the issue with the watch. I have actually downloaded and installed the firmware, drivers and the SPD upgrade tool shared by @pablo11 in this thread. I just can’t seems to get my windows 10 PC to recognize the watch. or can it be done on mac?

Opening the watch too isn’t really a problem. There are 4 screws at the back of the watch. I just feel that i should be able to resolve software/firmware issues and that sending back the watch should be the last resort particularly if the issue is hardware related…

Let me get some updated drivers.
I will check for upgrade firmware as well.
Give me a day or so.
Cheers

This is from the Prime S thread which uses the same board.

It is vital that you understand how to use it on a Windows computer otherwise you will brick the watch.

Once drivers are installed and you have loaded the firmware into the flash tool program and clicked the flash icon (looks like a “play” button - you need to connect USB cable to the watch, then press and hold the top button on the watch and connect the other end of the usb cable to your computer.

Flashing will begin immediately and you can release the top button on the watch.
Basically this refers to which ever button is the “back” button.

You must be sure not to disturb the connection while it is flashing.

Once it is completed you can close the flash program and disconnect the watch.

Wait for about 30 seconds and then power up the watch. It will take a long time to boot up.

Everything you need is in the zip file I am uploading.

How to use SPD Upgrade Tool to install or flash .pac Stock ROM (firmware) (androidmtk.com)

Cheers
Pablo11

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @pablo11

So I successfully installed the drivers especially Spreadtrum SCI Usb2Serial on windows 7 as I was unable to disable driver signature enforcement on my version of windows 10. After installing the USD2Serial driver, I connected the USB cable to the watch, plugged cable to my PC and the PC recognized the watch and installed the device in device manager.

However, the device manager keeps refreshing. Once I connect USB cable to the watch, then press and hold the top button on the watch and connect the other end of the usb cable to my PC - while watch is still powered off, the device manager displays the device but keeps refreshing which seems to be a pointer to the fact that the device connection to the PC is intermittent.

Can I still go ahead and initiate the flash while this is happening or is it a pointer to another problem I need to solve?

1 Like

If you follow the process it works.
You have to load the .pac image in the flash tool and click on the flash button in the app.
Then you connect the watch while holding the back button.
As soon as the software recognises the watch you must release the back button.

Thanks @pablo11

I initiated the flash but got this error after some time;

Step: NV_WLTE
Progress: Write flash failed.

How do i resolve?

As I said in previous posts, flashing a Unisoc device is not simple and is carried out at your own risk.

I hope you did not mix up the Prime S firmware with the LEM P firmware…?

They are not compatible.
You only needed the flash tool from the Prime S firmware.

You need to use the LEM P image file.
This is why I always ask people to research the process thoroughly before doing it.

You need to confirm that you have the correct drivers installed before you do anything else.
Device manager will show the COM Port opening and closing.
This is normal.
It opens briefly so that you can initiate the flash process.

My advice is to go back and check everything and read everything you need to know.

1 Like