Lemfo Lem 5 completely dead

Today, after a month of utilise, my smartphone suddenly stopped working. It does not turn on, it does not charge up and it’s not recognized by the computer. Does anyone know what to do? I’m kinda desperate

Apr 20, 2017 2:26:14 GMT 1 lem5gg said:
Today, after a month of utilise, my smartphone suddenly stopped working. It does not turn on, it does not charge up and it's not recognized by the computer. Does anyone know what to do? I'm kinda desperate

In this case you can disconnect and reconnect the battery, it usually works. Try to open the watch and find the connector.

Apr 20, 2017 6:40:34 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Apr 20, 2017 2:26:14 GMT 1 lem5gg said:
Today, after a month of utilise, my smartphone suddenly stopped working. It does not turn on, it does not charge up and it's not recognized by the computer. Does anyone know what to do? I'm kinda desperate

In this case you can disconnect and reconnect the battery, it usually works. Try to open the watch and find the connector.

I opened the watch and removed all the screws but the board does not lift apart, do I have to force it?

Apr 20, 2017 8:58:05 GMT 1 lem5gg said:
Apr 20, 2017 6:40:34 GMT 1 ricktop said:

I opened the watch and removed all the screws but the board does not lift apart, do I have to force it?

I don't know what a LEM5 looks like (a HD picture would help), on other watch there's no need to move the board, just find the battery connector (on I3 it looks like a WIFI connector) and disconnect it.

Then wait a few sec and reconnect and it should work.

Apr 20, 2017 9:44:48 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Apr 20, 2017 8:58:05 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

I don't know what a LEM5 looks like (a HD picture would help), on other watch there's no need to move the board, just find the battery connector (on I3 it looks like a WIFI connector) and disconnect it.

www.dropbox.com/s/ewv1r6m5fjd95f5/20170421_023520.jpg?dl=0
Here is the link for the image you asked. Consider that I’m not used to electronics :confused:

Apr 21, 2017 1:38:56 GMT 1 lem5gg said:
Apr 20, 2017 9:44:48 GMT 1 ricktop said:

Here is the link for the image you asked. Consider that I’m not used to electronics :confused:

did you do something before it stopped working? did you install something? dropped it? got wet? maybe the charger dock is’nt ok and not the watch itself. it is risky to try getting to the battery if you do’nt know how to do it, my suggestion is first check the dock and do the 4 dots on the back cover look clean?

Apr 21, 2017 7:27:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Apr 21, 2017 1:38:56 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

did you do something before it stopped working? did you install something? dropped it? got wet? maybe the charger dock is’nt ok and not the watch itself. it is risky to try getting to the battery if you do’nt know how to do it, my suggestion is first check the dock and do the 4 dots on the back cover look clean?

I simply did not use the watch for 2 days, left it on my desk doing absolutely nothing

I also cleaned charging contacts (Base, outside and inside the watch) but still no sign of activity.

Apr 21, 2017 10:15:57 GMT 1 lem5gg said:
I also cleaned charging contacts (Base, outside and inside the watch) but still no sign of activity.

try to flash it and see if it helps.

Apr 21, 2017 10:40:38 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Apr 21, 2017 10:15:57 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

Flash it? It’s not recognized by the computer

Apr 21, 2017 11:00:23 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

Apr 21, 2017 10:40:38 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

it does’nt have to be on at all to flash it.

Apr 21, 2017 11:02:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Apr 21, 2017 11:00:23 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

it does’nt have to be on at all to flash it.

Well I tried the “clean it” way and didn’t work, so I will try this too. Let me just check around how to do it

Apr 21, 2017 21:27:34 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

Apr 21, 2017 11:02:00 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Well I tried the “clean it” way and didn’t work, so I will try this too. Let me just check around how to do it

if you need help ask freely:)

Apr 22, 2017 0:47:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Apr 21, 2017 21:27:34 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

if you need help ask freely:)

I saw your video about flashing with SPtool, I downloaded the lemfo firmware but when i click download and connect my smartwatch to the computer nothing happens... here's the image, its not detected 

Apr 22, 2017 12:47:10 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

Apr 22, 2017 0:47:29 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

I saw your video about flashing with SPtool, I downloaded the lemfo firmware but when i click download and connect my smartwatch to the computer nothing happens… here’s the image, its not detected 

that is'nt good:\ it means either the battery is disconnected or the watch died. remove carefully the metal cover of the watch (after you remove the metal back i mean) and then you'll have to screw out the board and then disconnect the battery and reconnect it be careful the cables should be removed easily with out force i mean if i'm not mistaken pull up and not stright (learned the hard way:\) it should pop up easily if not be careful.

Apr 22, 2017 17:02:33 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Apr 22, 2017 12:47:10 GMT 1 lem5gg said:
I saw your video about flashing with SPtool, I downloaded the lemfo firmware but when i click download and connect my smartwatch to the computer nothing happens… here’s the image, its not detected 

that is'nt good:\ it means either the battery is disconnected or the watch died. remove carefully the metal cover of the watch (after you remove the metal back i mean) and then you'll have to screw out the board and then disconnect the battery and reconnect it be careful the cables should be removed easily with out force i mean if i'm not mistaken pull up and not stright (learned the hard way:\) it should pop up easily if not be careful.

Yesterday I removed all the screws but I didnt manage to get the board off... how do I remove that metal cover off the board? 
Apr 23, 2017 9:24:52 GMT 1 lem5gg said:

Yesterday I removed all the screws but I didnt manage to get the board off… how do I remove that metal cover off the board? 

it should pop up, but can’t be sure have’nt done that.

that is’nt good:\ it means either the battery is disconnected or the watch died. remove carefully the metal cover of the watch (after you remove the metal back i mean) and then you’ll have to screw out the board and then disconnect the battery and reconnect it be careful the cables should be removed easily with out force i mean if i’m not mistaken pull up and not stright (learned the hard way:) it should pop up easily if not be careful.

Yesterday I removed all the screws but I didnt manage to get the board off… how do I remove that metal cover off the board? 

There are screws holding the board in place as well.

To remove the shield - which is actually the WiFi antenna as well - you need to use a small flat plastic tool to gently lift it from the board.

Make sure you treat it carefully - you need it to go back into place.

The shield is attached by special little grip slots on the board.

Once removed you can access any screws holding the board to the watch base.

Remove these and EXTREMELY CAREFULLY lift the board.

Obviously you will need to detach cables as you go.

Now - this is where it gets very scary.!!  Once you reach this point you will need to gently detach the battery from the display screen - it is usually attached using a very thin layer of foam sheet.

Take note of the circuit board attached to the battery. A small independent management board which is usually wrapped with the battery.

Any replacement battery will need the same small board - you can very carefully transfer it from old to new battery.

Then you need to ensure everything fits back together without any issues.

It is a very delicate and complex procedure.

Good luck

that is’nt good:\ it means either the battery is disconnected or the watch died. remove carefully the metal cover of the watch (after you remove the metal back i mean) and then you’ll have to screw out the board and then disconnect the battery and reconnect it be careful the cables should be removed easily with out force i mean if i’m not mistaken pull up and not stright (learned the hard way:) it should pop up easily if not be careful.

To disconnect the battery you just need to remove the black and red cable connector on the left of the sim slot.

Hang on - disregard my last post for a minute.
Do you just want to disconnect it or replace it ?
If it is just a disconnect then reconnect of the battery plug on the main board - a small black plug flatly attached to the board next to the sim card holder.
Remember to carefully lift it up and off the board