LEM5/Finow X5+ battery project

So,

While I finally received my LG U2 and now wearing wear most of the time, I wanted t realize the battery update on the LEM5 I have.

I thought they use square batteries and hoped for a bigger update in capacity. Sadfully, when I opened the watch, I had to see it uses already a round lipo battery (GRP443535).

the type GRP443535 stands for the size (4.4 mm x 35 mm x 35 mm / pictures attached, download all 3 files and extract the .zip to view)

So while there is not that much place for improvememnt, i saw there is a little spce left on top, so I will order and try this battery: www.alibaba.com/product-detail/553535-Rechargeable-li-ion-li-ion_60584253990.html?spm=a2700.7724857.main07.79.2bd13975zwR3of

580mAh just an update of 28%.

Has anybody a better option that can be ordered? Please post the link here

Attachments:
batt.zip (115.11 KB)

batt.z01 (819.19 KB)

batt.z02 (819.19 KB)

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-7v-730mah-lithium-battery-603535_60501788632.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.2.3c93b095qIbcdS

might fit, will check tomorrow, but this is a square one, there should be more possible.

As i checked today a little higher than the 5.5mm should be possible.
Anybody know some links please post here

I do not know if I’m going to say shit.
But do not forget
The battery warms
Maybe you need this space
To dilate

Sept 11, 2017 14:02:41 GMT 1 toze1 said:
I do not know if I'm going to say shit. But do not forget The battery warms Maybe you need this space To dilate

I will not remove the heat conductors, but sure there is some risk left that there might be problems with the assembly later.

Anyhow I will give it a try and report if it works correctly and if there is some temperature raise (sure there will be).

Another option would be to implement batteries into a new made strap, while lemfo already uses an antenna inside and there are cable ways to the inside of the watch.

Ok,
I just wanted to alert

Sept 11, 2017 14:48:22 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Sept 11, 2017 14:02:41 GMT 1 toze1 said:

better to root the watch and install wakelock detector to see what uses too much the watch and disable it than to put bigger battery from experience this does'nt help.

Sept 11, 2017 18:23:53 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Sept 11, 2017 14:48:22 GMT 1 seb84 said:

better to root the watch and install wakelock detector to see what uses too much the watch and disable it than to put bigger battery from experience this does’nt help.

did you try this alreay?

I used greenify and also checked wakelogs ealier. my prob with the lemfo is, that it uses to much power on 3g connection (checking emails all day and working with line/skype). the watch will not make it throught the day.

beside greenify i already tried:

- lowering cpu frequencies
    - setting of the cpu governour to saving (also locked it once, but it gets laggy than)
    - as i decsribed earlier, i’ve automated the watch in most ways (with e-robot), so there is less data usage, cpu usage etc.
    - i’ve set the radio to 2g only, it helps, but emails sometimes just take to long to come in, also i can forget using skype, messenger or line calls, due to the slow                   connection (i need those things for work)
    - i also uninstalled everything i don’t need, like ios push, or the programme to sync with the phone

also i see, that as long, as i don’t use it too much, there is no big drain, but the problem is, i use it too often/much.

i wouldn’t go this way, if there would be a software solution.

it’s also not that much, what i would need to add, but maybe 3 to 4 hours per day more and i would be happy.

on small usage, i get amazing battery life of around 3 days. but than i can’t work with the watch and need to carry my mobile.

i see on a-wear i get a full day work and come home after over 12 hours work and going out in the evening for 2 -3 hours (~15 hours usage) with 60% battery left (the lg u2 has 570mAh battery), but i think the software also does a big deal here.
but i moslty use full android software on this one too (line not even available on wear / i just installed the normal version, also facebook, i use facebook lite and messenger lite, same as on the lemfo, but on the lg i can even “play”, or fun chat with friends and it doesn’t drain that much)

is there aything else, that can be done on the software side?
If yes, I would love to try… i don’t like the hardware modification that much too.

Great,

thats absolutely my thinking. I also tweaked like you the hell out but I also think that it is not possible to get more from the software side. The battery lasts a day with playing around, but more would be nicer.

In this thread (http:///thread/1382/build-powerbank-shape-charging-pad?page=1) I already mentioned, that it is possible to use the watch with that charging pad. One of the coolest things would be to put the 580mAh battery you posted into one of this pads and slip it under the watch. You would have 450mAh + 580mAh and could also use multiple of these “pills” with you. Ingenious!

Sept 25, 2017 23:05:11 GMT 1 chromax said:
Great,

thats absolutely my thinking. I also tweaked like you the hell out but I also think that it is not possible to get more from the software side. The battery lasts a day with playing around, but more would be nicer.

In this thread I already mentioned, that it is possible to use the watch with that charging pad. One of the coolest things would be to put the 580mAh battery you posted into one of this pads and slip it under the watch. You would have 450mAh + 580mAh and could also use multiple of these “pills” with you. Ingenious!

i will og this way now:

order 580mAh pack it into the normal case (will also get the 700 i think and try) so i think after that just see first how it behaves, how much improve. than will see to make a new strap, but packing batteries inside will make stitching hard. aslo have to see how its than about the antenna… i need 3g on the watch

New strap…good idea. But sounds really hard to realise. Maybe the antenna is glued into the two strap parts. I will try to open a charging pad (I have 3). I think it would be a better idea to put a battery pack into it. Makes the watch thicker, but battery changing mobile (like in good old nokia days) is possible then, maybe.

I also imagine to only use the top of the charging pad and make a slightly higher case.

i moved away from solar last year and now managing a strap factory… therefore it might be possible :wink:

the antenna is glued inside, but taking it out is not hard, stitching at a new strap will be harder, but not that difficult. i will have to check if there is enough space to add up batteries, or the antenna already “eats” that space completely.

Can you post pics of a open strap?

Do you think it would be possible to make the leather straps from a finow on Diggro DI01?

The case seems the same, just with a camera.

Oct 17, 2017 10:59:30 GMT 1 chromax said:
Can you post pics of a open strap?

Do you think it would be possible to make the leather straps from a finow on Diggro DI01?

The case seems the same, just with a camera.

hard to say, just saw some pictures. i think it will not be possible, while the finow has the antenna in the strap like the lemfo? am i right?

you see here? first thing the strap is glued on the top side to the case. second, are the cables, that are laid in cable tunnels through the strap.

has the diggro the antenna in the strap?
if yes, might be possible. in that case i would check first, if on the board, how many connection are there? the lemfo uses 3 cables (one strap side only 1, the other 2 antennas)

if it is the same principle, check the connectors, if they are the same size (this should fit, should be standard antenna connection like on th lemfo/finow). you can check this all, just removing the backplate (where you insert the sim).

if this all fits, it would be another issue, to remove the glued top side, without damaging the strap (but with sme care possible).
and you would need new glue, that is capable, of gluing organic material and metal together.

OK, I will have to tear them down. But that I afraid that something gets broken because you can´t order new parts.

But thanks for the pics, good to know how it works without disassembling one.

Oct 18, 2017 12:11:16 GMT 1 chromax said:
OK, I will have to tear them down. But that I afraid that something gets broken because you can´t order new parts.

But thanks for the pics, good to know how it works without disassembling one.

on the lemfo its quite easy.

4 screws backplate, after opening take off all possible cable’s (antenna, battery etc.), 2 screws for the speaker, 2 screws for the upper board
in general than everything is acessipble

straps have standard pins, that can be taken off quite easy. glew on the top of the case that holds the strap is here the trickiest part.
i didn’t try it, but am sure heat will help.

just assembled the lemfo back, even did some repair (resistor was loose, but soldering small things like this is a big pain)

but still old battery

Oct 18, 2017 19:30:04 GMT 1 seb84 said:
just assembled the lemfo back, even did some repair (resistor was loose, but soldering small things like this is a big pain)

but still old battery

Hmm…what happend,if make one laser cut staninless steel plate between back plate and the watch(just in thickness you want +mm to put a 800mah ot bigger battery)?

Nov 19, 2017 12:18:55 GMT 1 nlb said:
Oct 18, 2017 19:30:04 GMT 1 seb84 said:

but still old battery

Hmm…what happend,if make one laser cut staninless steel plate between back plate and the watch(just in thickness you want +mm to put a 800mah ot bigger battery)?

also an idea, or just cnc. will see. still not paid the batteries, was a few days on holiday.

will give an update the next week i think

for all here if you are interested:

www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Blue-Taiyang-754040-1200mAh-3-7v_60187478388.html

ordered this one now. 1200mAh ~266% up battery should do the deal. just made the order complete, waiting for it now. next week latest we will see if it works as planned

most important is, that the battery really is as big as advertised (i mean the measurements in mm, not the capacity). if its just slightly bigger, i will have a problem.

but lets see, also the supplier is offering slimmer versions of this one (with less capacity), so you could go down from 7.5mm to make it easier (or if i really need to re-order because of the height)

Hi,seb84.
At first i think make one new back plate,but its not simple…i mean laser cut spacer maybay easy way to go…but than the sensor cables maybay must change to longer ones…??
I think the 40x40 square size its too big for my D5+…my original battery size is 453535 450mah round…
But i found a nice one:
m.alibaba.com/product/60610085548/round-lipo-battery-3-7v-1160mah.html?spm=a2706.amp_sc_detail.item_details
Its 553535…i dont know how its possible,because in this size(553535) on the net i found only 580mah…
580=128,88%(not bad)
But if work and really 1160,its= 257,77%
If i understand correctly,difference between 453535 and 553535 its +1mm high…
My idea is go to watch repair/master,who have see/repair analog and digital watches,and talk with him about what we can do…