LEM5/Finow X5+ battery project

Nov 24, 2017 21:56:23 GMT 1 nlb said:
Hi,seb84. At first i think make one new back plate,but its not simple..i mean laser cut spacer maybay easy way to go..but than the sensor cables maybay must change to longer ones..?? I think the 40x40 square size its too big for my D5+..my original battery size is 453535 450mah round.. But i found a nice one: m.alibaba.com/product/60610085548/round-lipo-battery-3-7v-1160mah.html?spm=a2706.amp_sc_detail.item_details Its 553535..i dont know how its possible,because in this size(553535) on the net i found only 580mah.. 580=128,88%(not bad) But if work and really 1160,its= 257,77% If i understand correctly,difference between 453535 and 553535 its +1mm high.. My idea is go to watch repair/master,who have see/repair analog and digital watches,and talk with him about what we can do..

yes, i saw the same attery already too. i just thought 28% up is too smll, to give me what i really want (work with the watch all day).

but the 580 will definetly fit inside. there is enough space. for the one i ordered, there will be a lot of mods to do. i wil post a guide here next week if i can make it fit.
cables might really be a problem, but will have to see when its delivered (still watiting by now).

you can swap the 580 easily if you see the pics. just buy a small screwdriver with magnetic top (some of the screws are located a little deep inside the case).
but its quite easy to open.

you understand the difference on the batteries right first value 45 = 4,5mm second and third value 35 = 35mm)

the 40 mm of the 1200mAh one i ordered will fit, its just about the height (7.5mm) that will make a problem. the board height inside is only 6mm (measured from the display to the board) so i’ll need to find 1.5 mm somewhere (if i can make the cables fit, i will just make an adapter, like you say most probably laser cut (the shop is ver near to my home)

Nov 25, 2017 4:12:41 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Nov 24, 2017 21:56:23 GMT 1 nlb said:
Hi,seb84. At first i think make one new back plate,but its not simple..i mean laser cut spacer maybay easy way to go..but than the sensor cables maybay must change to longer ones..?? I think the 40x40 square size its too big for my D5+..my original battery size is 453535 450mah round.. But i found a nice one: m.alibaba.com/product/60610085548/round-lipo-battery-3-7v-1160mah.html?spm=a2706.amp_sc_detail.item_details Its 553535..i dont know how its possible,because in this size(553535) on the net i found only 580mah.. 580=128,88%(not bad) But if work and really 1160,its= 257,77% If i understand correctly,difference between 453535 and 553535 its +1mm high.. My idea is go to watch repair/master,who have see/repair analog and digital watches,and talk with him about what we can do..

yes, i saw the same attery already too. i just thought 28% up is too smll, to give me what i really want (work with the watch all day).

but the 580 will definetly fit inside. there is enough space. for the one i ordered, there will be a lot of mods to do. i wil post a guide here next week if i can make it fit.
cables might really be a problem, but will have to see when its delivered (still watiting by now).

you can swap the 580 easily if you see the pics. just buy a small screwdriver with magnetic top (some of the screws are located a little deep inside the case).
but its quite easy to open.

you understand the difference on the batteries right first value 45 = 4,5mm second and third value 35 = 35mm)

the 40 mm of the 1200mAh one i ordered will fit, its just about the height (7.5mm) that will make a problem. the board height inside is only 6mm (measured from the display to the board) so i’ll need to find 1.5 mm somewhere (if i can make the cables fit, i will just make an adapter, like you say most probably laser cut (the shop is ver near to my home)

I dont know about 40x40 really fit or not,i just measuret the space on the back plate after installing the sim card…i test now the D5+ like stand alone sw.My final goal is use it without any phone…
Than if you have 6mm space,the 553535 which i have copied link its best for you…if it exist…
But if its only 580mah…you know,28% better than nothing
I am very interest in your result…

Look what i have found for you:

www.google.hu/search?client=ms-android-asus&biw=360&bih=269&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=dIIZWr_rHIW0kwXo04yoDw&q=3.7v+604040&oq=3.7v+604040&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3…35294.39222.0.40299.8.8.0.0.0.0.262.1195.4j1j3.8.0…0…1c.1.64.mobile-gws-img…0.4.873…41j0i19k1.0.u_olgz2Dh6g#imgrc=lJCEhKytIjCfiM:

This one 6,2x40,5x40,5 and just 1000mah…

I was right

the 553535 1160mah battery its fiction…on one site i found the size chart which tell truth,not like others:11.26or something thickness…its mean two 580mah battery together…cost 7 usd,min.order piece 1000-3000…and when its arrived,you sit in problem,because double of thick…

A have all night dreamed with this watch battery problem…
I see two route:

1.change the oem battery with bigger one in watch,than make one custom straps with glued in few small batteryes,like 601225 150mah(on my arm a have measured 3-3,maximum 4-4 piece/strap size).For gps and gsm antenna make one-one small pocket,like oem strap.
Or make custom connection plate,use one charger disc(cut it,modify it),thin and small enought to use the pulse sensor when connected.
Or move the cables from straps inside the watch(where the antenna goes out) and connect it to the inner battery.
In this case you have fixed battery with capacity 1480(580 inner+6x150 strap)-1780(580+8xstrap) mah…

2.make one custom arm belt and build in what big enought batteryes you found,and connect to whatch with modded charge disc,and use it in one arm with watch.Like powwerbank,just in strap form(winter time its hidden,but in sommer time your arm look like terminator arm ) .In this case,the mah numbers have no limit…3000,5000,etc…

Search on net about prologium battery…very interest option…

Nov 25, 2017 15:50:56 GMT 1 nlb said:
Look what i have found for you:

www.google.hu/search?client=ms-android-asus&biw=360&bih=269&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=dIIZWr_rHIW0kwXo04yoDw&q=3.7v+604040&oq=3.7v+604040&gs_l=mobile-gws-img.3…35294.39222.0.40299.8.8.0.0.0.0.262.1195.4j1j3.8.0…0…1c.1.64.mobile-gws-img…0.4.873…41j0i19k1.0.u_olgz2Dh6g#imgrc=lJCEhKytIjCfiM:

This one 6,2x40,5x40,5 and just 1000mah…

this one looks interesting, have to go through the specs so

Nov 26, 2017 8:35:29 GMT 1 nlb said:
I was right

the 553535 1160mah battery its fiction…on one site i found the size chart which tell truth,not like others:11.26or something thickness…its mean two 580mah battery together…cost 7 usd,min.order piece 1000-3000…and when its arrived,you sit in problem,because double of thick…

right. you have to look into the description. most of thos big batteries are a combo. i think the first link you posted looks better. but i still not asked the supplier.

mine is definetly 7.4mm high. no combo used.

Nov 26, 2017 16:43:15 GMT 1 nlb said:
A have all night dreamed with this watch battery problem.. I see two route:

1.change the oem battery with bigger one in watch,than make one custom straps with glued in few small batteryes,like 601225 150mah(on my arm a have measured 3-3,maximum 4-4 piece/strap size).For gps and gsm antenna make one-one small pocket,like oem strap.
Or make custom connection plate,use one charger disc(cut it,modify it),thin and small enought to use the pulse sensor when connected.
Or move the cables from straps inside the watch(where the antenna goes out) and connect it to the inner battery.
In this case you have fixed battery with capacity 1480(580 inner+6x150 strap)-1780(580+8xstrap) mah…

2.make one custom arm belt and build in what big enought batteryes you found,and connect to whatch with modded charge disc,and use it in one arm with watch.Like powwerbank,just in strap form(winter time its hidden,but in sommer time your arm look like terminator arm ) .In this case,the mah numbers have no limit…3000,5000,etc…

Search on net about prologium battery…very interest option…

you are htinking in the same direction as me. battery is ordered and on the way. but didin’t arrived last week. your 1000 mAh looks much easier to install.

ok battery arrived. funny thing height is no prob while it is only 6.6mm high (actual measurement) but i see the edges are a problem.

i will have to look into it and come back later with pictures. might be possible but its really tight.

Yes,i see you like more the hidden battery idea(inside the watch)

Okay,next idea:
put in thicker battery than 6mm (what thickness you want).Make small spacers under electric panel bolts in thickness of difference between oem and new battery high,(which holds the panel)use longer bolts.
Than laser cut one ring for backplate in thickness you make bolts spacers,and you done
For example: you have 4,5mm battery,but space enought for 6mm.you put in (if stay on original round diameter size) two 353535 battery,which each give you 350mah,togedher 700mah(+55%).Put in 1-1 mm spacer under the panel,use 1 mm longer bolts,and 1mm thick laser cut ring…
Of course you can use two 403535 400mah battery too,or thicker,IF the sensor cables longes enought…
If you dont have acces to laser cut give it to watch repair,or gold stuff maker…or in final case make 4 spacer for backplate bolts,and the holes put in with siloplast

A little off theme: i have tested the rowkin earbuds in a days (single version) and would say its a great stuff,easy to use,and very small…

Dec 4, 2017 23:06:53 GMT 1 nlb said:

Okay,next idea:
put in thicker battery than 6mm (what thickness you want).Make small spacers under electric panel bolts in thickness of difference between oem and new battery high,(which holds the panel)use longer bolts.
Than laser cut one ring for backplate in thickness you make bolts spacers,and you done
For example: you have 4,5mm battery,but space enought for 6mm.you put in (if stay on original round diameter size) two 353535 battery,which each give you 350mah,togedher 700mah(+55%).Put in 1-1 mm spacer under the panel,use 1 mm longer bolts,and 1mm thick laser cut ring…
Of course you can use two 403535 400mah battery too,or thicker,IF the sensor cables longes enought…
If you dont have acces to laser cut give it to watch repair,or gold stuff maker…or in final case make 4 spacer for backplate bolts,and the holes put in with siloplast

A little off theme: i have tested the rowkin earbuds in a days (single version) and would say its a great stuff,easy to use,and very small…

Ok small update.
I checked everthig so far, still possible to mount the big one, but needs some work on the case.

I’m now actually hanging more on the fact, that the resistor I just soldered again, did come off again, when i disassembled the watch. Also the connector to the backplate got some damage, while it was some kind of rusty and a part broke off when removing the backplate.
I will not finish this project with this LEM5, but rather order the LEM5 pro, I think. The quality of the assembly is really bad and makes me some kind of upset.

Got the battery, but the hardware of the watch s now damaged and I don’t see me soldering all those things again. Its a pain to do this.

Also my time is currently limited, through work. Last week I had absolutely no time, to work on anything.

I will post some pics today in the evening, but the project will be freezed again, until I find another Watch, to modify (I will check on the lem5 pro, might be the best solution…)

I’ve also ordered other parts… a new P-OLED display and  currently oredering another motherboard.

you might see where this is leading to. But nothing definitive for now.

If I find some time this week, I will give another update on all of this with pictures.

So far…

Dec 4, 2017 23:06:53 GMT 1 nlb said:

Okay,next idea:

While I had the problems with the watch hardware (resistor is lost again and one of the charging connectors broke, because of rust) I will not go on with modifying the lem 5 i have now.

Might switch to an Lem 5 Pro, but as you see in your description already, this all is a lot of work. Also the battery I’ve ordered seems really to fit (have to post pictures) with a few mods, but it might be better and simpler to take a different approach (I’m checking on this now).

So short break here for now (at least I’ve ordered a new watch).
But the overall built quality is something that makes me think… might go better a different road (I’ll give you updates soon if there is something more concrete).

Hi there very interssting thread :slight_smile: what about to atach small flexible (if they exist) solar cells to the strap and support the battery with solar power to extend the time before battery gets empty. What do u think is this possible? In the future we wont have any problems with battery anymore i ve allready seen nuclear batteries in size of a coin without dangerous radiaton (less than tritium watches) and they could power our watches for 100 years or more :slight_smile: Greets!
Here some sience fiction www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=2582

Dec 13, 2017 2:02:04 GMT 1 uruqai said:
Hi there very interssting thread :-) what about to atach small flexible (if they exist) solar cells to the strap and support the battery with solar power to extend the time before battery gets empty. What do u think is this possible? In the future we wont have any problems with battery anymore i ve allready seen nuclear batteries in size of a coin without dangerous radiaton (less than tritium watches) and they could power our watches for 100 years or more :-) Greets! Here some sience fiction www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=2582

sure cells are interesting. i had thoughts like this, but the integration especially if the watch is not designed for, would be a big challenge

I am currently at aliexpress looking for lipos and or tiny powerbanks which may be somehow atached to the strap but didnt find anything yet. Yep i agree on the solar pannels must be a chalange but i have no technical background so i have no idea whats possible with them how to attach to the watch or how to wire them… But that topic is very interesting for us all if it comes to extend the daily lifetime of our watches :slight_smile: greets from Austria!

My idea was to attach them on the strap and connect them via the charging port of the watch. How much volts do the watches need do u know that? What are the specs of the original battery u have when looking at volts? 3,7 1,5 i have no idea :slight_smile:

950 mA
SDL Original Battery brand batteries GPS navigation built- in lithium polymer battery Battery
s.aliexpress.com/IziUbuyQ
(from AliExpress Android)

Dec 15, 2017 18:02:07 GMT 1 cdynu said:
950 mA SDL Original Battery brand batteries GPS navigation built- in lithium polymer battery Battery s.aliexpress.com/IziUbuyQ (from AliExpress Android)

43mm on the long side will be a problem, especially for the edges. 40mm is here an absolute max. i think. but you might try. anyway be aware for a length like this, the case has to be cut (just a few min on the edges, but might not be possible on all watches).
Dec 15, 2017 19:48:25 GMT 1 seb84 said:
Dec 15, 2017 18:02:07 GMT 1 cdynu said:
950 mA SDL Original Battery brand batteries GPS navigation built- in lithium polymer battery Battery s.aliexpress.com/IziUbuyQ (from AliExpress Android)

43mm on the long side will be a problem, especially for the edges. 40mm is here an absolute max. i think. but you might try. anyway be aware for a length like this, the case has to be cut (just a few min on the edges, but might not be possible on all watches).

Very interesting reading . Keep up the good work :+1: