Lem14 freez on black screen after update an app

Before you wait a few weeks for a new cable.
My next idea is to clean the contacts of the watch and cable with alcohol.
Try connecting to a USB2 port. (Any old computer with windows can be good. Don’t forget to install the mtk driver.) I’ve been helped by USB2 instead of USB3.
Try to start the whole upgrade process. Press the button on the watch until the MTK USB driver disappears and then release the button. See if the “preloader” starts. If not, disconnect the cable from the watch and plug it in again.
I think this is how we tried every version that could come into play without disassembling the watch.

2 Likes

Usually on phones, the preload mode starts by pressing the volume down and power buttons at the same time. There is no volume button on our watches.
When the USB port is connected to the switched off watch, the “preloader” mode starts automatically.
If you do not receive a response you will turn it off.

I just got another idea:

1. connect the watch to the pc
  2. disable the “MediaTek USB Port" in device manager
  3. start the flashing process
  4. nothing happens
  5. hold the power button for (almost) ten seconds
  6. hopefully it will successfully flash the firmware

Edit: I’ve changed my mind, I don’t think this will work after all, but you can try

2 Likes

Hi @gyuri, the screen is black, how can I tell if the watch is off or on?

Hi @noidremained, I tried the steps, but as you expected, they didn’t work. If I disable “MediaTek USB Port” in Device Manager, then start the flashing, and hold the power button, the watch just disconnect then reconnect, while the “MediaTek USB Port” is still disabled.

If I get it correctly, you’re saying the issue (unable to flash my LEM14) happens because it’s not identified as “PreLoader USB VCOM Port” in Device Manager. Is it like a “recovery mode” for this smartwatch?

If you got LEM14 and think that Device Manager should show a different device driver when it is in this “PreLoader” mode, can you please let me know its Vendor ID and Device ID? My LEM14 is always connected with the following ID:
USB\VID_0E8D&PID_0003\5&7D754C8&0&2
If mine is different than yours, then appreciate if you could help me get past this step. Do you have any suggestions other than replacing the cable (cause it will take too long to get a new one)?
Thanks

One can only hope that when you hold down the button and the mtk usb driver disappears it is just off. The next option is to set aside the watch for a few days to fully discharge the battery.
Pressing the power button for a long time “soft resets” the watch (turns off and then restarts)
Therefore, I hope that as long as the windows show nothing, it is just turned off.

Hi @gyuri, If Windows (Device Manager) doesn’t show anything, then SP Flash Tool won’t be able to communicate with the watch, right? As far as I understand, we want the watch to enter some sort of recovery mode, and we can tell by taking a look at Device Manager and confirming that the watch is identified as “PreLoader”. Do I get it correctly?

What if I removed the back cover, unplugged the battery, hold the power button, then connect the USB cable to the laptop? Would this force the watch to show as “PreLoader” in Device Manager and continue the SP Flash Tool task? If so, is it easy to unplug the battery? Thanks

The vcom flash tool driver is loaded before anything, it uses a very different driver to access the OS.
So it might still work if you have everything loaded and connected and then click reboot on the watch.
If everything was loaded in the flash tool correctly and you have clicked on the “flash” icon before you rebooted the watch - it will flash automatically.
Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

I don’t know how complicated it is to unplug the battery. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Lemfo watch. I have kospet watches. They are not a complicated task. If you have a fine enough mechanic hand you will definitely succeed. But just be careful with the disassembly. I didn’t dare suggest this because I’ve seen a lot of “miracles” here on the forum.
If you try this you don’t have to press anything on the watch just connect it to your computer. Before connecting, start the SP Flash Tools upgrade mode.
One more silly question: You don’t use a USB extension cable, do you?

@pablo11 don’t rush to read. The title also includes a black screen with a frozen watch. We’ve been trying to reboot the system in some way for days.
But thank you for being here with us. :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Ah ok.
Yes I didn’t read properly (again lol)

It is strange because usually pressing and holding the power button in will force a reboot and flash will start if everything is correctly loaded.
Regardless of the screen working or not.

The fact that the vcom port appears briefly means that it is possible to flash at that moment.

Do you think it is an app or watch face that has made the screen unresponsive?

I just found this for you. Disassembling the lemfo 14 is not an easy task.
I’d rather wait a week. See if the battery runs out by then.

2 Likes

Very true . Not a easy task after watching that video :+1:

Yes, the LEM 14 rear cover is not removable and you need a heat gun to remove the front bezel.

I would try to return it if you can’t flash it and using ADB is not possible.
Lemfo are not too difficult to deal with.
@Mohamed_Ateya How long have you had the watch now?

I had this watch from 3 or 4 months now.
I updated using your firmware and it worked great.
Few days ago i update apps from play store by pressing Autoupdate as i usually do.
I think but im not sure there was an app called Android System Web Viewer need to update
I think thats what makes it freez
Because the rest of the updated apps was a normal apps like whatsapp and facebook and so on
Before that every thing was working very great.
@pablo11 thanks for ur efforts im one of ur fans here.

1 Like

Thanks mate :+1:
You mean you had the old FAW international firmware installed?
Or stock firmware?
When this happened…

i used ur first FAW international Firmware
I think its name is (full_LW_C15_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1V91561.zip). im not sure about the file name its ur first software that u upload

No, that won’t work.
I uploaded the factory OTA by mistake and it will not work properly.
That thread was closed for a very good reason.!
I must admit that I am surprised you tried it because our firmware is always named
FAW not anything else.

So you used this as an update from the watch storage?
Or you flashed it with flash tools?

You need to use this

Guys two weeks now and nothing new to fix my watch
It showa black screen after i update an app from Google play store
I couldnt flash it as i mentioned before
And i cant send it back to the factory
Any idea?
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks guys

So why can you not flash with the firmware posted above ? Or do you not know how to correctly ?