LEM12 Pro A10 Official Support

Several people have written that battery life is better if you turn on airplane mode on a “A10 watch” without a SIM card.

Since you have no SIM, have you try to activate the airplane mode? This should disable the cellular radio that is enabled even if there is no SIM card installed. After the airplane mode is activated, you can enable the WIFI and/or Bluetooth if you need.

2 Likes

Couple of things I’ve disabled, google account backup, removed google assistant. Have had the watch active since 7am and its now now almost 11am

Currently sitting at 83% battery with a projected remaining charge time of almost 16 hours. Will see how this plays out in reality for the rest of the day.

It’s probably a good idea to use a battery monitoring app to pinpoint the problem.
Better Battery stats or GSAM are pretty good.
I normally get about 36 hours from my lem12 but I don’t do anything funky with it.

3 Likes

Thanks Pablo, just installed GSAM.

Ok cool.
Let’s see what happens

Pablo it looks like GSAM cannot pinpoint the problem without a root. All I can get out of it is that 96% of my battery drain is app related CPU usage.

In other news, I figured I would trial charging directly by using the USB cable instead of using the battery dock which I leave plugged into the charging port. Unsure of this was the root cause but combined with the disabling of the Google assistant app Im Now achieving up to 26-27hrs projected total discharge time.

Update. 15 hours after morning charge and am now running on 10% battery. :pensive:

Have you installed the app “Bluetooth Visibility Fix”? You can set bluetooth up so that it isn’t constantly scanning. This, along with stopping blazing colours running in the background gave me a 2 day battery life. I have SIM, wifi, and mobile data always on. I turn on location as and when I need it. The only apps I allow in the background are the google clock - which I installed so I can use assistant to set alarms etc - and amazon music, so I can stream music when the display turns off.

Awesome, thanks @vader I just went and installed that. Do I set to visible to known or visible to connected?

Fingers crossed this fixes my issue

I tried both, but have settled for visible to known. This seems the best compromise. See how it works for you. You can always change if it doesn’t work.

1 Like

is there any way to delete or disable the default file manager?

Yes:
-How to delete installed Apps on Android 10

1 Like

This seems to have been the silver bullet.

The Bluetooth Visibility Fix app and Blazing with Colours shut down on means Im now at full working day with countless notifications and am still only at 50% battery. Can only assume if the watch continues to “learn” it’s battery usage this may improve a little more with time. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Is this the app you are using ?
Thanks

1 Like

Yes @Dr_Andy_Vishnu

Was actually wondering if those functions could included in future firmware upgrades.

1 Like

I don’t know of any updates coming for the LEM12 pro.
Lemfo seems to be happy with the current version.
I would be interested to know more about what this app does though because BT scanning and other settings are already in the firmware - although not too easy to find…

AFAIK, it changes how aggressively BT searches/connects over bluetooth. By default, the watch is always scanning for new connections and being visible to all around, which uses battery. By selecting other options, you can go into a passive mode which accepts connection requests rather than looks for them.

If you activate developer mode by pressing on the firmware build number several times - you can disable the scanning options.
Both wifi and Bluetooth.

1 Like

Hello, try wheel launcher pro. It’s pretty nice for the watch. Works with gestures or choosing apps or shortcuts from a wheel. Try it!