LEM12 Pro A10 Official Support

Thank you, does Lemfo work on this issue?

First things first - there is no issue.
The camera specs are NOT an issue unless they do not work.

Lemfo do not make watches.
They are a brand name selling watches made by a big factory.
The factory does not make the board or the firmware.
But luckily I have a partnership with the company that makes the board and the firmware.
However, there is no possibility of changing the camera size or specifications because this is a set combination agreed to before production.
I will also say this…
The original LEM 12 and the Kospet Prime V1 had the same.
It is perfectly acceptable for a front facing camera to be 0.3mp and side camera to be 5mp (hardware, not software)
0.3mp is perfectly adequate for face time or face unlock.
What exactly is the problem here?
I am curious to understand why you think the camera should be more than this?

Also curious to understand why a camera is so important on a watch?
Just curious because I have not yet ever needed to use a camera on the watch in the 5 years I have been working on them.

3 Likes

Hello,

I meant the issue with the apparent bug on apps such as Translate.
I do really appreciate your great work! Thank you, now I have a very nice watch. And the camera is no issue for me, on the opposite, I am happy with what it is able to give me.

GL

Ah, it was not clear. I’m sorry.

Yes this issue is being looked at and is reproducible.

So there will be an update at some point :+1:

2 Likes

I guess I’m the one to bring up the 0.3MP front camera, and mostly I was expressing frustration that the product listings are not matching the true experience with the watches anymore. Case in point, the LEM12 PRO claims a front camera of 5MP and a side camera of 8MP. All that up-interpolation for 5 to 8 MP aside, the actual images from the LEM12 PRO are 0.3 MP and 5 MP respectively. The Zeblaze THOR 6 professes to have two cameras with 5MP each, but the actual image sizes are 1.5MP each. So the concern I have is about the expanding, unchallenged inaccuracy in the camera specs. Now we have on the horizon the LEM14 with cameras listed as 8MP front and 13MP side. Either the technology is improving or the misrepresentation is being taken to the extreme.

7 Likes

This has already been previously addressed and solved:

The claim of the higher megapixel cameras is due to the interpolation to the next higher resolution:

• 0.3MP -> 2.0MP
  • 2.0MP -> 5.0MP
  • 5.0MP -> 8.0MP

Yes, exactly, @none. That’s why I I said ‘all that up-interpolation stuff aside’ as it doesn’t apply to the point I am making. A spec that reads 5MP for a camera shooting 0.3MP pictures is misleading. That is the point of my post, not to get deep and technical about up-interpolation. Two different subjects altogether, and not the one I’m addressing here. Another point, in the LEM12 PRO there is no apparent use of up-interpolation, as the claim of 8MP side on the LEM12 PRO should show 8MP images coming from a 5MP module. But the actual image measurements are 5MP, not 8MP. So if they are messing around with up-interpolation, then the 8MP claimed side camera is actually a 2MP module delivering 5MP images! Any way you cut it, there’s something fishy about specs not matching reality, and it can’t simply be blamed on up-interpolation illusions anymore.

5 Likes

Hey guys, does anyone know how to save access point settings for this watch?
I can go in, edit values but they are not saved. Normally there would be a save button on stock android.

I don’t endorse that kind of marketing, it was already the same for the Rollme S08.

But i can understand that they need to sell those devices and 0.3MP won’t impress anyone these days.
They went overboard with the 5MP/8MP claim, but if they correct the camera specifications to 2.0MP/5.0MP and maybe implement a interpolation for the front camera, it would be reasonable enough for me.

Edit:
All cameras on the MT6739 boards either use a 2.0MP + 2.0MP or 0.3MP + 5.0MP configuration.

Completely agreed. 1000 times agreed.

1 Like

yes very disappointing not true physical size

2 Likes

Nevermind, figured it out, instead of hitting the back button I had to do a long swipe to save it.

Thank you for your assistance, really appreciated.
Tried power button while attempting to flash, but no success.
Can anybody please help with next step to try to flash this brick Lem 12 Pro, “Otherwise it means disconnecting the battery for a few seconds.”
I can see 4 screws on back of watch - is access to battery and then disconnection battery easy?

Not opened this watch up but have others . Its usually very easy with just one connector . Just keep it slow and be carefull

1 Like

No it is not what I would call easy unless you are used to it.
You have be extremely careful.
I will try to get some pictures up tomorrow.
Cheers

1 Like

Hi guys i’ve been away for a while and following in the background ,coz android watches always intrigued me. since there are a couple on A10 now. Is the fitness approved by now is it possible to run Strava or google fit on A10 watches, that was always my eternal problem i’ve had with Android watches, Because none of them worked great for basic fitness applications. but i adored the 4g, and running so many other good apps on your wrist.I’m back in the market for a 3rd watch.

Hi guys! Im quite a newbie, and I have a question.

I have this watch (lemfo lem 12 pro), and the battery life is terrible :frowning:

I want to use it paired to my phone and have the possibility to reach Internet too, along with gps…

Is it too much? My watch can’t do it only for around 5-6 hours long. And I have much much longer days… And after that time its quite the stupid watch, because of no power… I work in the field, always on the move, so putting on charger somewhere on my desk is not an option…

Whats your experience?

Thanks from Hungary

The battery life on this watch is great so we need to know whats draining your battery .

Are you leaving on wifi and gps when not using it ? If so turn them off

Have you installed any apps that are running in the background ?

Try using Watchdroid to tether your watch to your phone . Make sure it is turn off in battery and data saver in watch .

Raise to wake can use up battery

You can also turn off wifi and bluetooth scanning . Settings - apps and notifications - special app access

See how it goes

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I have wifi and everything on, but I really dont want to turn it on every time I want to use them. Thats my problem.

And I want to use it as an alternative phone with the sim card I installed in cases I cant reach to my phone because my hands are full with tools etc…

I will restrict everything to run in the background for tomorrow and see what happens.

Anybody has an experience like this? Or any heavy energy users like me? Whats your verdict? :wink:

There are lots of settings and variables that can affect battery life.
display brightness, lift to turn on, display “on” duration
background services
Bluetooth
wifi
gps
cellular mode. If the cell is on, even bad signal can cause battery drain.
If it’s connected to the phone with WiiWear.

It would be once to know your settings.

Jack

1 Like