Kw99 2nd button / ota update

Hi,
I have 2 Questions.

1.is it possible to reprogram the 2nd button on the kw99/w1 to use it as a back button instead of airplane mode?

1. Does the ota update work on kw99?
    I get a message: “product is not exist”

2. What is the latest de version?

Greets Arjan

Mar 17, 2018 11:19:51 GMT 1 ranja said:
Hi, I have 2 Questions.

1.is it possible to reprogram the 2nd button on the kw99/w1 to use it as a back button instead of airplane mode?

1. Does the ota update work on kw99?
    I get a message: “product is not exist”

2. What is the latest de version?

Greets Arjan

1. no, sadly i think so too that it is useless that way.

2.yes, just no updates:) no bugs reports so nothing needs an update:)

3.the one with the bt calls app.

Hi Sonia, i had not responded to your message yet. :wink:

1. i noticed there are apps for changing hardware key functions on phones, i don’t know what will happen on my KW99.
    I’ll try and report back. btw i also wrote to Kingwear support about it, who knows they add something to change it in a future FW.

2. on the Kingwear site there are also no manual FW downloads for KW99, any idea why that is? overall the KW88 and KW98 seem to have better support.
    Is that because the KW99 is newer or is it just not as popular as the other mentioned watches.

3.I noticed the FW on my watch is from a more recent date as the one i saw on your site in the firmare section.
Mine is: KW99_CS_B_20171127
Latest on this site is: KW99_CS1_B_20171111

greets, Arjan

Mar 24, 2018 16:32:44 GMT 1 ranja said:
Hi Sonia, i had not responded to your message yet. ;-) 1. i noticed there are apps for changing hardware key functions on phones, i don't know what will happen on my KW99. I'll try and report back. btw i also wrote to Kingwear support about it, who knows they add something to change it in a future FW.
  1. on the Kingwear site there are also no manual FW downloads for KW99, any idea why that is? overall the KW88 and KW98 seem to have better support.
    Is that because the KW99 is newer or is it just not as popular as the other mentioned watches.

3.I noticed the FW on my watch is from a more recent date as the one i saw on your site in the firmare section.
Mine is: KW99_CS_B_20171127
Latest on this site is: KW99_CS1_B_20171111

greets, Arjan

1. most likely they will need root:) 2.actually it is as popular as the kw88, we get first hand the firmware for kingwear watches and any news about new watches that will come out:) 3. the latest firmware is the one with bt calls feature.

Hi Sonia,

1. I installed “Buttons remapper (no root)”. And it works! i used it remap the 2nd button, when i quick press it it still turns on/of airplane mode. but when i press it a little longer you can add a second function to it. Like back key, or even recent program. and it works without root. yesssss…!!!

I also installed a program called “Zone assistive touch”, which puts a button on screen and lets you add programs or actions as softkeys. I know there re other programs like this out there but this one is completely free.

Greets Arjan

Hi Sonia,
The new kW99 firmware: KW99_CS1_B_20180228

Reprograms the 2nd key to go back.

I Never got a message back from kingwear, but I guess they decided to change it. :wink:

Greets Arjan

Have you updated it???
OTA or hard way???
any review about the new firmware???
thanks in advance

This new firmware is for the 1gb ram and 16gb storage KW99.

Apr 19, 2018 12:48:35 GMT 1 RASC Moderators said:

Hi, because I did buy my KW99 second hand I dont know wich version it is..and I like to know because of the new firmware.

How can I find out wich one I have...it looks like the 8gb version (file manager) but not sure.

Update: buildnumber is KW99_CS1_B_20171127

Is there any news about the possible changes the fw makes except the 2nd button change?

The OTA is not giving any fw update.

Thanks! 

tl1000s1997

is your firmware include the bt calls app?

you are very wrong!!! my KW99 is the original version(512+8), I have updated it to the new firmware and it works perfectly, the second button is for back now and it's very useful, I think the power management is slightly better now, it will need more test, also watchdroid is working perfect now without any disconnect, but I noticed that the update entry in the setting has disappeared after the update.

Apr 22, 2018 16:10:32 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:tl1000s1997

is your firmware include the bt calls app?

Hi soniasophie9697

Yes, it is including the bt calls app.

Apr 23, 2018 8:28:13 GMT 1 firas said:

you are very wrong!!! my KW99 is the original version(512+8), I have updated it to the new firmware and it works perfectly, the second button is for back now and it's very useful, I think the power management is slightly better now, it will need more test, also watchdroid is working perfect now without any disconnect, but I noticed that the update entry in the setting has disappeared after the update.

Hi Firas,

How did you update? Thru OTA or usb?

I cant get the usb drivers to install on my windows 10 64x pc…  any ideas?

Thanks

Apr 23, 2018 11:36:45 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:

Hi Firas,

Thanks

By USB

use all the files posted in Kingware website, download the drivers, sp flash tool, and the new firmware, also makes sure to reboot windows after installing the driver and choose upgrade in sp flash tool.

Apr 23, 2018 12:23:09 GMT 1 firas said:
Apr 23, 2018 11:36:45 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:
Hi Firas,

Thanks

By USB

use all the files posted in Kingware website, download the drivers, sp flash tool, and the new firmware, also makes sure to reboot windows after installing the driver and choose upgrade in sp flash tool.

Thanks mate… I did try to install the drivers on a up to date windows 10 64x pc and had to switch off the authentication check for drivers…after installing, restart pc and connecting the watch its still not vissible or seen by the flashprogram or explorer… (install.bat did not work because it doest support windows NT)

After that I did install the "Install.bat" without problems on a windows 7 86x pc and did restart that pc...watch connected and nothing there in devicemanager of explorer..

Wonder how you did it if you have win10..

So having the drivers, flashproggie and fw from the kW website...it doest do sh..t.

Ohh and I did set the developer mode inside the watch on and turned on the usb connection mode.. 

So if anyone can help me.. thanks

Apr 23, 2018 17:07:37 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:
Apr 23, 2018 12:23:09 GMT 1 firas said:
By USB

Thanks mate… I did try to install the drivers on a up to date windows 10 64x pc and had to switch off the authentication check for drivers…after installing, restart pc and connecting the watch its still not vissible or seen by the flashprogram or explorer… (install.bat did not work because it doest support windows NT)

After that I did install the "Install.bat" without problems on a windows 7 86x pc and did restart that pc...watch connected and nothing there in devicemanager of explorer..

Wonder how you did it if you have win10..

So having the drivers, flashproggie and fw from the kW website...it doest do sh..t.

Ohh and I did set the developer mode inside the watch on and turned on the usb connection mode.. 

So if anyone can help me.. thanks

yes, i use windows 10, you should click download in sp flash tool, then connect you powered off watch, you will hear the connect beep, and the flashing process will start, when finish, just disconnect your watch, and power up, it will take more than usual to start, and that's it.

sorry for not replying earlier.

I also own the 512mb/8gb version. And this update as Firas says works fine. Besides changing the action of the 2nd key from flightmode to back key,  the watch indeed seems to last longer with the battery. And if i’m not mistaken some menus have changed in watch software pages.
The update option is under SETTINGS->ABOUT WATCH->WIRELESS UPGRADE (still gives product is not exist messge though like it did before)

rasc Moderators: On the Kingwear website i see they only mention a 512mb/8gb version. Aren’t you mixing it up with the Allcal W1 which has 1gb/16/gb? Or is there also a bigger version of the KW99?

Greets,

Arjan

Still can't update the fw of my watch. :-( Installed the drivers (even te latest for win10) on 3 windows (2 x 10 + 1 x 7) pc's. When I connect the (switched off) watch to the pc I hear the sound (twice) that something connects. After that I startup the flashprogram with the scatter file and fw files loaded..and select firmware upgrade...

After I press the download button and nothing happends...

Any help will be appreciated...

Apr 25, 2018 9:12:06 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:

Still can't update the fw of my watch. :-( Installed the drivers (even te latest for win10) on 3 windows (2 x 10 + 1 x 7) pc's. When I connect the (switched off) watch to the pc I hear the sound (twice) that something connects. After that I startup the flashprogram with the scatter file and fw files loaded..and select firmware upgrade...

After I press the download button and nothing happends...

Any help will be appreciated...

Dear, you should press the download button, then connect your switched off watch!!!

To bad it didn’t work mate, thanks anyway.
Flashprogram doesn’t show any change after pushing de dl button and connecting the watch.