Kw99 2nd button / ota update

Apr 25, 2018 10:24:17 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:
To bad it didn't work mate, thanks anyway. Flashprogram doesn't show any change after pushing de dl button and connecting the watch.

just try to run the flash tool as administrator 

First thing i did :frowning:

Did try a lot of mtk drivers (1.02, 1.08) because the Kingswear provided ones dont install in Win10 64bit..

They install on a win7 32bits pc but still the same result as with the above.. Did hear a ping while connecting and shortly after that another ping for disconnect. Between that it is showing "device not recognized"...

So the main problem to flash the watch is to get it connected first with the right procedure and the right drivers…

I did ordered two new charging cables in china...lets find out if my current connexion is faulty. Because it doesn't see my kw99 as a mass storage or watch... only as a unknown device.

Did try several methods to install the drivers..

1 x Windows 7 pc

4 x Windows 10 pc and laptops. (there is no way to install the kw99 drivers in Windows 10 operating system by dos command because it isn't compatible.. )

Yup and I did switched off the verification drivers.

If the new cable doesn’t work I will give up…out of ideas…

May 9, 2018 11:42:06 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:

sadly, i think it is the cables one cable i have stopped also working only charges the watch but no data, i have win10 64bit pc.

Thanks, I think the same because I did try everything.
It will take some weeks to arrive but will post when i try a new cable…

Did recieve my new cables but it is still not updating or seen by drivers…i will give it up. (any chance it will update thru wifi?)

Jun 13, 2018 12:37:42 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:
Did recieve my new cables but it is still not updating or seen by drivers...i will give it up. (any chance it will update thru wifi?)

let start all over again. 
  1. did you make sure drivers are installed? use the YT video i’ve done also a link for the vcom i use for all watches.

2. did you make sure to install mtp usb?

3. did you check in settings that debugging is off?

Hi Sonia,

Sorry I didn't answer you earlyer because I was on holiday and thanks for your reply.

Where can I find your YT video?
There are two maps with drivers when unpacked and I did try to install both or was that to much?
I did set the dev.mode and usb debugging on in my watch.

Jun 25, 2018 11:19:57 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:

Hi Sonia,

Sorry I didn't answer you earlyer but I was on holiday and thanks for your reply.

Where can I find your YT video?
There are two maps with drivers when unpacked and I did try to install both or was that to much?
I did set the dev.mode and usb debugging on in my watch.

no, you should not enable debugging mode:) turn it off and you do’nt need all drivers just download one zip file and extract it and enable the drivers. also check that usb mtp is enabled. use the community YT channel for instructions.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCPt33KEKqPJfxFTf7CaKcFw

Thanks for the url. I will look at the videos when I am home. I will disable the dev. mode atm.

And where can I check if usb mtb is enabled?

I did download one zip file with the drivers and when its unpacked there are two maps with drivers in it. Its: “Driver_Auto_Installer_EXE_v1.1352.00” and “SP_Drivers_EXE_v1.6”.
Wich map do i need the drivers from?

Update: they changed the webpage and you can download the fw and from “upgradetool” a MT6580 root kit so something is changed…
www.king-wear.com/support/download

It seems that all files are the same as before except there is chinese fw included.

Jun 25, 2018 12:15:57 GMT 1 tl1000s1997 said:

1. download drivers VCOM.zip (400.57 KB)  -  extract it.
  1. check that usb mtp are enabled:  

***you should see the watch as kw99

1. download sp flash tool: androidmtk.com/smart-phone-flash-tool  -  extract it.

2. download the firmware for your watch: /thread/1769/kw99-512-8gb-call-firmware  - extract it.

3. follow this video: