Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

@Dotsfar - I had flashed 1-6 and was running just fine for several weeks and out of the blue saw the OTA taking me to 1-7. My watch stays on wifi most of the time (sheltering) and I have it set to check once per week. I can’t explain it. I was surprised too. I’m now considering 1-8 since feedback has been positive, so far. Thanks @G1NT0N1C.

Yes I had the same problem with Wi-Fi in 1.6b, it stayed on even off, i saw it in the battery consumption with 1.8b it’s good off now.

Thanx for the update. Is root required to flash this?

RK

I had 1.7b in OTA

1 Like

Yes, I too had flashed 1-6b and got the 1-7b OTA.

Separately, after I got the OTA, I flashed 1-8b and had a issues that caused be to go back to 1-7b. I am noticing an issue that I never had with 1-6. My device is heating up. On 1-8b it was awful, prohibitive actually, and on 1-7b the watch till gets warm.

In all cases I have mobile data, bluetooth and wifi turned on. I was getting 2-3 days of light usage. Battery usage with 1-7b is currently in the testing process.

So far, my watch with 106b was perfect, boring acutally because there was no tweaking required. I am so sorry I did the OTA!

2 Likes

Well, I’m on v.1.8b and have no problems. However, I would always recommend flashing manually and performing a factory reset in any case.

1 Like

Thanks… I did 3 separate times:-(

When you flash and have any problems after - if a factory reset does not fix it then reflash using the firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.
Do not use format all + download!!

1 Like

Thanks @pablo11 and @G1NT0N1C for the feedback. I retraced my steps and I did two things during flash that created issues. I used “Download Only” instead of “Firmware Upgrade” AND I unchecked the pre-loader. Once I reviewed Sonia’s video, I caught these issues and then reflashed 1-8b with none of the issues I ran into previously. Whew!

All seems well now. I really appreciate the board’s help forcing me to reevaluate my process and to review the video. Thanks…

4 Likes

That’s great news :+1:
Happy to help.

3 Likes

Thanks for the 1_8 b version !

Flashed and re-root. No problem. :pray:

It does not need to be rooted in order to flash it and I believe you should be able to flash it without manually installing the driver

2 Likes

After updating from firmware 1.5B to 1.8B i no longer have problem with google assistance and google play service. In 1.5B assistance didnt turn on because out-dated google play service.

1 Like

Ok, now I would like to root the Prime, could you point me to the link, cause I cannot find it in the forum? thank you

Why are there no built-in function ~tap screen on~ in full android smartwatch?
I almost damage the powerkey because I often press the power button.
I hope that some experts can write this function (tap screen on)into the new firmware of PRIME,thanks !

Have you tried this -

It wont let you tap the screen when asleep but works when woken and good if buttons broken . Thanks

3 Likes

I think you should have misunderstood what i mean,I hope to add a function like ~ double tap screen on / off ~,I had used the apps at play store,but it really consumes too much battery power,so i gave up finally!

I understand now . :+1: . I tried them too and yes not good

The problem will be the same if it’s a part of the Firmware. To make it work you need a watch and a screen that doesn’t sleep. This will drain your battery quickly. So you allready found the best solution, no way to make it better, sorry.
You might use wake up gesture. It will need some battery, too. But not too much.

Hi Roberto, here are the links you need for root:
mtk driver,driver and tutorial for windows 10;
flashing tutorial and app with video;
Prime firmware 1.8
magisk
in sp,I selected as recovery,the twrp-KW_C7S_LF LT.img and in boot the magisk patched boot image of the 1.5 firmware,and loaded the 1.8 firmware image.
I put the watch in the charger when it is on,I move the watch until I see the debug usb notification and then I reboot from there,without move the watch and click on download on sp.
after the watch reboot,the flash start it.
Then ,when restart the watch and activated the debug usb,copied the magisk.zip in the the watch,restart in recovery with adb and flashed magisk.
The command to reboot in recovery mode with adb is:
adb reboot recovery
when in twrp,you have to click install zip, select the twrp file copied before on the watch and slide to the right for install.
After,install app as root checker that confirm you have rooted your device.
bye

4 Likes