Kospet Prime firmware Updated 18 Sept 2020

Just a quick FYI

Most of you will know this but these "full’ Android watches are completely against everything Google does and therefore are not licensed to use Google apps or Android OS.
Basically Android 7.1.1 was the last version where Google servers did not block you signing in on unsupported hardware.
This means that we can use it but will not receive any security updates and any payment type function is blocked.
Without Google support these devices have been designed to work purely by independent development in China.

For most people this is acceptable because we don’t use NFC etc etc…

We use these devices because they are truly independent (a miniature phone) and the flexibility for the use of custom third party apps is fantastic.

Basically, we are grateful that we have these devices to use.
Obviously this does not mean that we will not be trying to move forward regarding these issues.
But it takes time and resources.

I guess that the bottom line here is that we are making the most of the options available to us.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Cheers

Pablo.

11 Likes

PS sorry for any typo’s…
I’m very tired.

2 Likes

thank you, I will try that and report back

1 Like

Excellent info! I followed your instructions and successfully updated my Kospet from 1.6 to 1.8 without loosing data :grin: Thank you!

1 Like

Good to hear it worked :+1:

1 Like

Hi Malex, since I wasn’t sure about the steps with magisk, I’ve looked up this link

There it’s saying that in order to have root I just have to install magisk manager, flash the patched image and reboot (I’m talking about the smartwatch).

Now, before I go on with that, why did you find it necessary to flash the wrp-KW_C7S_LF LT.img and do the rest of the tricks ?
Thanx

I do that because this twrp is permanent in the watch.
you can try other mode to root,I use always this mode to root the phones.
bye

1 Like

Sorry again, I don’t seem to find this file wrp-KW_C7S_LF LT.img, instead I have recovery.img in the firmware 1.8 zip, is it the same thing ?

https://discourse.fullandroidwatch.org/t/kospet-prime-firmware/50679/50?u=malex
I found it searching in the forum.
bye

1 Like

I am back under 1.6 and no heating when i use BT or Wi-Fi or 3G DATA alone, thank you.

I reflash to 1.8 and test, finally it’s good no heating.

Good to hear :+1:

1 Like

I remembered that the previous flash did not go very well because I had to open the watch to disconnect the battery to revive the watch

I’ve asked for a review of the 1.8 firmware version.
Just seems weird that people are having random issues with this particular release even though others have no problem.

I’ll keep you posted on the progress and I may have another update for you soon.
It will still be labelled as 1.8 because it is the next logical step.

2 Likes

yes i needed to flash 2 times (watch that does not start, heating, freezes) but now it’s perfect.

1 Like

The rom is not stable because i have some freeze after use Square/Circle and icon power save is missing after reboot after freeze and she’s never came back also translations are still missing in french

(firmware 1.8b)

Reboot = Redémarrer
Recent Task = Taches récentes
Power Save = Économie d’énergie (icon missing after freeze and reboot)

i myself am experiencing the overheating issue with 1.8b, I rooted, flashed and restored the apps with titanium backup following Malex procedure.

2 Likes

I’m just throwing this out there…
Please don’t report issues unless you have stock firmware.
Anyone that has root or other modifications - sorry but there are too many variables that may be causing problems.

A standard way to look for issues is to flash using the firmware upgrade option in SP tool and leave the software as stock for a week.
If you find issues by the end of this period then they should be reported

3 Likes

This is a common error that happens on many firmware versions.
The power saving icon comes and goes sometimes.

Fair enough, I’m goint to do that and I’ll report in a week

Ok but I am about to post a new version of 1.8 so please wait for it.
Be about 40 minutes

1 Like