Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Hello, does anyone know if it would be possible to somehow enable USB OTG (on the go) on the Prime 2 watch?

Having this feature would open a whole new world of possibilities!
It would allow the Prime 2 to be in host mode, which means that you could connect all sorts of USB gadgets, like a mouse, keyboard, soundcard, Pendrive, and pretty much anything you can connect to the computer or a phone through USB.

1 Like

We will see what happens.
I just don’t know yet.

1 Like

I know 99% of this thread is software related but I thought I’d let you know about a hardware failure on my Prime 2. The power button has stopped working. It played up a couple of times then nothing. Can’t use my phone without it so I guess I will have to try the warranty return process. :unamused:

Oh no :sob: our worst fear…

I had that happening on my LEM10 after some months. Totally dead. On my Kospet Prime 1, the powerbutton has no “travel” but somehow still works.

My only hardware issue with the KP2 is the loose camera hinge. It flips around as I walk lol. The stiffness only lasted 2 weeks or so.

I was planning to glue the camera fixed in the settled position, to make sure the cable connection doesn’t break because of too many movements and that the camera doesn’t break off. I don’t use the camera facing up anyway…
Never got around to it yet though…

1 Like

the glue might help keeping the camera in place but you do loose the selfie capability, it’s not an easy choice.

@Colin_Green and @R_Sauvalle Return it by emailing kospetsmart@gmail.com
They will help you with the whole process.
It is much faster and they will help with postage.

4 Likes

Is it possible to answer just answer incoming calls to my watch using Bluetooth connection ?
Are there any first steps to do before starting to use my watch for the first time?
Thanks I’m a rookie

No, Bluetooth calling is not possible. First thing you should do is charge it completly and perform a factory reset.

1 Like

Thank you Pablo.
R_Sauvalle you could try smearing a little gooey sticky material around the pivot pin on either side of the lens block. Not a lot of area to work with but should be enough. Squeeze a little (with emphasis on little) contact adhesive or similar soft pliable material (liquid rubber). One drop each side and wiggle it a little during drying to prevent it binding solid. Might work. I got mine covered in contact adhesive a few weeks back (all over the lens block) and it cleaned off with patient finger rubbing.

Hi Kalotina,
I am a bit confused about your question. You ask if it is possible to answer incoming calls to your “watch” (as in you have installed your sim card in your watch and the calls are going to your watch?.. that’s how it reads). If that is the correct, then I would further presume that you meant to ask if you can answer your watch/phone using bluetooth ear buds or similar…? If that is correct, then the answer is yes. But if you have your watch paired to your fondle slab and want to answer your fondle slab calls using the watch bluetooth connection, then the answer is ‘no’ .

3 Likes

Can I download and use Viber app in my watch?

Can’t see why not - “Just do it” :slight_smile:

1 Like

hello @Colin_Green. Thanks for the reply, I’m considering doing something like that. I’m sure there’s a good DIY fix tutorial.

1 Like

you can use any android app. (basically) for some functions you might need to use square view mode by holding a button. But Viber works well. No need to ask, just go to play store and download it and test whatever app you like.

1 Like

Very true although some apps are not working . However the new firmware that is being tested should improve this . Thanks

3 Likes

Looking forward on an OTA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

as a knew user i have a lot to learn. i cant pair my watch with my phone i tried both apps watch droid and wiwatch 2 but it didnt succeed it always says waiting for connection in both cases
the bluethooth does work because i managed to send a photo via bluetoothto my phone .watch droid app is free or a paid version?any suggestions?i think iam getting also a poor wifi signal is that normal?i have done a factory reset when i bought it

Well, most of the members here use Watchdroid because it has more functionality. If you have tried wiiwatch before, I would first perform a new factory reset. Then download both apps, one on the smartphone and the other on the watch. Then pair the watch with your phone, but use the normal Bluetooth pairing, not the QR code. The app must be excluded from battery saving on the watch. In addition, “unrestricted data use” must be approved. The app must also be excluded from battery saving on the phone. In the smartphone app, you can then specify which apps you want to receive notifications from.

2 Likes