Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Your right since I’m the one talking to people on here about camera streaming apps on the kp2 and not the major problem of apn info being locked on the kp2 itself oh and I’m telling people to go post other threads cause im the only one who should do what they want to and cause its cluttered in here while I just add some more clutter, you know like you do. Lol anyways. I got that sim card and it don’t work… what the hell I thought sprint ones would work? Could someone anyone just give me info on where to get this thing I’m so past done 4 weeks later with no cell internet on this thing

1 Like

T-Mobile works great.

Ok thanks I’ll go get one later I’m gonna persevere and get mobile data on this spicy bastard going I don’t care if it kills me lol

Since it appears as a normal phone to cell providers and not a special device why doesn’t it work with Verizon, I was under the impression it doesn’t work with them because it’s not an approved watch by them, but if it appears as a normal a10 phone to providers why not than? Is it even locked really, has anyone tried getting Verizon service on one with straighttalk or anything? I think I might spend the 45 bucks and give it a whirl if not.

Verizon is not a GSM network. These watches only work on GSM networks like AT&T and T-Mobile in the US. Or one of their clones like Speed Talk, that I use that runs on T-Mobile. That can be had for as little as $5 a month depending on your needs.

I just tried a third party lock screen from the play store and it did not have the security issue the stock one does. It did take maybe a second after the reboot before the lock appeared, so if someone is fast and lucky enough maybe they can disable it in that time, but I guess it’s a better solution than the stock one when using UL

4 Likes

It is officially advertised as having wcdma capability,
Network type: GSM+WCDMA+FDD-LTE+TDD-LTE
Frequency:
TDD LTE: B38(2600MHz),B39(1900),B40(2300),B41(2500)
FDD LTE: B1(2100),B2(1900),B3(1800),B5(850),B7(2600),B8(900),B12(700)
B17(700),B20(800)
TD-SCDMA: B34(2100),B39(1900)
WCDMA: B1(2100),B5(850),B2(1900)
GSM:B2(1900),B3(1800) ,B5(850),B8(900)
@pablo11 could I have clarification on the capabilities of the antenna?
Also I went and got a simple mobile sim kit and plan tonight and finally have internet using that out of the box no hassle instead of the straight talk i had, so for anyone in the future having problems with apn simple mobile is an easy cheap reliable solution. And thank you to others who offered solutions now there’s another lol

Simple Mobile runs on the T-Mobile network. Verizon is “CDMA” and will not work. I do have an old Verizon phone made by Casio that had a selector switch and would run on either CDMA or GSM network.

1 Like

Guess that depends on your browser - it works for me. I guess your method has to be better for everyone because you say so.

Ok guys,
Enough about creating sub topics.

@R_Sauvalle let’s drop it now.
I am not enjoying this argument and it’s not healthy to prolong the situation.
@droidtrix - let this go now please.

When I have recovered from my surgery I will be cleaning up this thread.

Let’s all get along please.

Cheers
Pablo11

@taikur
CDMA does not work with these devices and many people have tried.
I will put it another way - as far as I am aware CDMA has never worked and I have had this forum in one format or another for over 5 years now.
WCDMA, LTE, 4G and some GSM bands but not Singular like Verizon

Yes I am not surprised by this because as I have explained before - they are not using the stock Android / Google security mechanism.
It is a privately customised system designed specifically to work on uncertified devices so that “Face Unlock” will work as intended.

As far as future firmware design goes - we will have to see what happens.

Ok I understand it doesn’t work, one question though of course (yes I know I’m difficult and I’m sorry but) could this be troubleshot? I am curious to know if the antenna is capable and it is only locked out due to software or lack thereof making the bandwidth incompatible for reasons other than the antenna not being cdma compatible. I ask because I know from experience when I recieved my “fully unlocked” samsung tablet I purchased that was advertised to be compatible with all bandwidths it turned out to not be and when I got to the bottom of it the problem turned out to be that the bandwidth was locked out of it by not including a few lines or integers perhaps even somewhere in the code related to the antenna. They would not fix the problem for me either lol even though I found other instances where people had sent there’s back and samsung unlocked it for them

Short answer no.
Longer answer - the radio and modem database and ril files do not support it.

2 Likes

But if that’s the problem that’s a software problem than, which in all honesty should be something fixable. That’s ok though I won’t be a nit picker bout it anymore lol for now anyways haha

I think the ril files are what the problem is on my tablet so I know that part should be fixable anyway. But alas this is life I suppose. On a different note, I made a case to charge my kp2 and it’s near and compact to fit in my coat pocket for travel use and attached a 10,000 mah battery to it so it can be used multiple times without recharging.

1 Like

Some great apps in this video.
I’m not sure how well they will work on customised Android 10 version used on our watches here but worth looking at.

5 Likes

Great apps, but a little bit off topic, mate. Let us keep this thread clean.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sorry @pablo11 ,I couldn’t resist. :wink::joy:

2 Likes

That’s ok mate…
The way I feel right now I don’t really care lol…
I meant to post the same link on all 4 Android 10 watch threads but it hurt too much so I gave up…

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. It looks like I’ll be using an app locker which is much more flexible than a screen lock anyway. The best one I’ve tried so far is AppLock - Fingerprint. With it you can lock/unlock any set of apps, or even different sets of apps, with a widget, or based on the time of day, or which wifi you are connected to, or which bluetooth devices are connected.

4 Likes