Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Reason being almost NO ONE wants to create individual KP2-related threads.

if you go with t mobile you can use the digits plan or go with speed talk mobile$10 a month you can no longer use cricket

Thanks Iā€™ll keep that in mind, anyone have regular att on theirs? just curious. also, I found some apps that are able to force add apns to the phone but am not having luck with them working on the kp2, https:// onedrive. live. com/?authkey=%21AAlIArKAxUmztZc&cid=C48A9603A89C84E3&id=C48A9603A89C84E3%21160&parId=C48A9603A89C84E3%21159&action=locate is one I found on https:// productioncommunity. publicmobile. ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Can-t-Add-an-APN-Setting/td-p/419538 , this one seems to load improperly, I feel like the fields displayed are messed up, it says itā€™s designed for older android and theirs only one text field, and if its not I donā€™t know the format of input to add the apn properly, there are also options on the play store that should work similarly to this I have found but none seem to work so far. If anyone here is some sort of magical coding monster your help is needed lol

I tried a lot of apps also to resolve this issue but none worked. That is why I tried the hot swap with a Sprint SIM card and it works. $1 solution if you donā€™t already have one as I described. Once you have that Sprint or similar SIM in there you can Add the APN info you need. Then just remove it while the watch is on and put in your Straight Talk SIM. Your new APN settings will stay there upon reboot also.

1 Like

Yes, I saw lots of other people saying this is only solution sometimes on other sites as well Iā€™m gonna buy one of those used sims tonight. There are also developer level sim card kits that come with software readily available on amazon, anyone here familiar with those? I guess they are able edit all the data and to clone sim cards in entirety, people use them to make it so they can use multiple phones with one phone number

No, itā€™s is not that easy! You need special abilities to unlock the KI codes and HEX values to clone a Sim card. The ā€œAmazonā€ devices wonā€™t do that. I wish it was that easy but it is notā€¦ Read the reviews and description for the items.

Sim Device

2 Likes

And https:// www. amazon. com/Gialer-Program-programmable-Software-Programer/dp/B08BXVSKRG/ref=sr_1_68?dchild=1&keywords=sim+card+reader&qid=1613197187&sr=8-68 is able to clone sims there are video tutorials even.

Yes, I know I read a lot about it and watched some of the youtubes and itā€™s not like itā€™s impossible to get the values you need and thereā€™s also apparently software called mobil that does most of it

Iā€™m sorry to be on about this still hopefully this is my last question about the sims, are these suitable to use, https:/ /www. ebay. com/itm/Sprint-Boost-Virgin-Mobile-NANO-Sim-Card-4G-LTE-TEST-BYPASS-TESTING/353305608270?hash=item5242a7c04e:g:4EcAAOSw3NleZrwC

No problem, I believe those would work. Iā€™m sure I saw some for 99 cents a few days ago but either way not a big investment. I actually canā€™t 100% confirm those would work as the SIM I used was a TextNow SIM through Sprint which is a current active SIM although I have no Sprint network in my area. That TextNow Sprint based SIM gives you free calling with no monthly cost but you have to put up with their ads. And itā€™s $10 to get the SIM.

If I wasnā€™t snowed in Iā€™d offer to send you an an inactive SIM if you are in the U.S. as I have several. But I doubt Iā€™ll be able to get out of my driveway until next week.

Also another option if you have a local Walmart may be to check the ā€˜Simple Mobileā€™ SIM kits for 99 cents which are T-Mobile based. From what I saw way back in this thread people using a T-Mobile SIM can also edit or add APN settings with that type of SIM in their watch. Havenā€™t tried that myself so again canā€™t confirm 100% that it would work.

Err noā€¦
Itā€™s just the app. When it is fixed it works fine as in the photo below and produces full 13mp images.
You can install Open camera and test it if you are interested.
Fixed version will be available sometime soon for OTA I hope.

Because I work with the solution provider and I tested it.

1 Like

@taikur It makes no sense as to why you donā€™t create a new thread in the Kospet Prime 2 sectionā€¦ it takes one second and you can have all the stuff neatly for others to findā€¦ also @droidtrix donā€™t lead them on. I say this because this thread was prolly not meant to be in leu of an entire sub-section. Iā€™m sure many KP2 users with different issues would like to browse the different KP2 threads.

1 Like

Yes, I agree.
We seem to have a problem where subtopics just donā€™t get made.
It would be better to use if there are topics about fixing issues and the main support thread for general discussion.

1 Like

Regarding the APN editing issueā€¦
In Android 10 it is all because we do not have a navigation bar due to the round watch software limits.
I have been discussing this with the solution provider and they are looking at it as well.

Just a thought hereā€¦but if you install nova launcher on the watch, can you enable the navigation bar?
I was curious about this because I seem to remember that this might be possible.
If it is, then it might enable access to the ā€œadd new APNā€ option.

Of course, once you have done what you need to do you can remove Nova or whatever.

Just a thoughtā€¦

Not sure that is it since I was able to easily Add APN with the Sprint SIM inserted. Iā€™ll test it though. Is this the standard Nova launcher available for all Androids or is there a particular one for watches?

Isnā€™t ā€˜supportā€™ about issues people have and getting help for solutions or fixes to those issues? At what point should one decide to make a new topic? How likely is it new users will make a new topic for help? It seems to me that we could end up with so many new topics it would be more difficult to find answers than to keep it in the ā€˜Supportā€™ thread. When a new person asks a question here at what point should it become a separate topic? I assume it would keep moderators busier to pull posts once a lot of discussion on a question got started to create a new topic and move them. I think logistically it would be easier for moderators to just leave the help all in this thread as there is a search function easily used just for any particular thread.

I also wonder if people are aware of the scroll bar to the right of this thread. Before I changed the color scheme for my login I was not aware of it for some time and found it difficult to get to the end of long threads.

I tried Nova Launcher but canā€™t find any way of accessing a navigation bar and with an AT&T based SIM in the watch there is no option to add an APN. Nova launcher refers to a navigation bar but and an option for it to be black or transparent but nothing is seen.

You are right. having threads in sub forums is so overrated. Most people want to scroll 1300+ posts in single threads in hopes of finding something useful.
:slight_smile:

So far most topics last month or more are generic FAW A10 related and not specific to the KP2 like hardware issues, camera questions, band replacement, battery swelling, overheating, GPS acquiring questions etc

Btw, Iā€™m not arguing, Iā€™m having a relaxed conversation

After downloading the custom faces on google drive, how to paste the folder in kospet prime 2 clockskin folder. Because pasting option is not there in kospet prime 2. (I dont want to attach mobile and PC)

Its much easier using a pc . However

2 Likes