Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

I dont think it is broken . I think he’s assuming that watches are delivered not working until you flash them . Which obviously is incorrect . Maybe i’m wrong but i’m a good mind reader :+1:

3 Likes

I have an App that works fine on everything from an old Galaxy S5 running Kit Kat to a Galaxy A71 octa-core Snapdragon on Android 10 but I can’t get that app to run on the Prime 2. It also runs fine on an MTK device (Unihertz Atom) with Android 7. It installs okay on the Prime 2 but when I tap to start the App it just gives a quick screen blink and never starts. When I look in settings at the App the ‘Force Stop’ is grayed out so it never started. This is an App I need for security cams. I’ve tried a half dozen other apps but none of them works with the DVR cam device.
App is Lynknpro. Any suggestions on how to get this app to work? Any mods I might need to make to the app or anything that will allow it to run?

I’m also having the same scenario with another App called e-control which is used to turn on and off devices remotely. Won’t run - just blinks.

I use gDMSS Plus with a Dahua NVR and it works great. I can view all of my cameras on the watch. I installed the e-control app and even though it said it was for an older version of Android, it opened with no problem. I could only suggest a reset of some sort on the watch.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips although I think the DVR I have which normally installs Lynknpro to your device through a QR code is part of the problem - I think it is specific for this DVR but I’ll try that one you mentioned. I also found that Lynknpro runs on the Kospet Prime but not the Prime 2.
After reading your post on e-control I downloaded a newer version and it does work fine. Thanks!

No luck with the gDMSS Plus for the DVR I’ve got though. It runs but just can’t connect to the DVR.

LynknPro now fully working on the older Prime but won’t even run on the Prime 2. Odd since it works under Android 10 on my phone.

The gDMSS Plus will also scan a QR code but I just use the search on my WiFi option. Choose the IP address that your NVR/DVR uses and wallah, all your camera feeds will populate the windows. I hope it works for you.
Just saw that you said it didn’t work. Try the scan option. The app is a little weird but you have to get to the Home page and then there is “Device” at the bottom, then tap + add a device at the top right. Not super intuitive. Maybe set it up on your phone first so you can figure it out. But in the end…it may be specific to Dahua.

Hello I just got my prime 2 set up the way I wanted and am ready to get a service plan for it, what is recommended in USA for service providers and also could I use Walmart straighttalk on it? I ask because they do not allow tablets to use their phone plans, they only can use their bring your own tablet data plans. I experienced that setting up a samsung galaxy s19, and wanted to know if this device appears as a normal phone to service providers.

Welcome @taikur - I know mine works with Tracfone with their AT&T based SIM. If you go with Tracfone or Straight talk using AT&T based SIMs you will want to search this thread on what was needed to get mobile data working. I needed to add their APN settings but it was a little tricky as you will find info here on how to do that. Tracfone is very affordable if you don’t use it a lot but they also have some great fairly hidden deals such as 1GB data for $10 and 500 minutes for $10.

A lesser known trick is to use mobile data if you have a lot of data built up with Tracfone by using Textnow phone calling or Hangouts or similar on mobile data which uses about 1/2 megabyte per minute so 1GB of data can get you about 2000 minutes talk time.

Tracfone SIM kits used to be $1 at Target but I believe I’m seeing them lately for $10.

T-Mobile works great. Of course I have like 6 phones on my account so I am a little biased. But the APN and other stuff self populates when you pop in the Sim Card. I think they now own one of the pay as you go types as well.

@Tiggo, thanks again for the ideas although the only QR code my DVR has is one that downloads Lynknpro app. I did choose the IP address but it won’t see it. I know what you mean about it’s a little weird to get that home page but I eventually found it. Tried scanning also but no finds. Unfortunately the company making the DVR is out of business and the Lynknpro app is no longer supported. On Amazon I saw replies by a person selling this DVR saying to use Annicam app but every one I found was full of trojans and viruses. It’s not on Google play store anymore either so that’s not an option. Virustotal showed over a dozen hits on it which is a good sign it’s got malware.

When you did the scan/search were you connected to the same WiFi as the DVR (both watch and the DVR)?
If the DVR has an assigned IP address then the app should find it as long as you are on the same WiFi router. It will also find individual cameras that have separate IP addresses.

1 Like

lads, please try to keep this thread about the watch and not apps. Making own threads about specific apps will help clean this one up, reserving it for official posts regarding the watch itself while helping others with similar issues find the specific threads when using the search tool. Lastly @droidtrix have u tried any of the Hikvision apps?

2 Likes

DVR is on ethernet cable to the same router that has Wifi. DVR has an IP address but nothing seems to be able to see or connect to the cameras on it. I suspect the Lynknpro app is using some proprietary method to see the DVR however I have been able to see it remotely with a Windows program made for viewing DVR’s. I was trying lastly with the app ‘IP Cam Viewer’ which allows choosing the IP address but that didn’t work. It has an extensive database of DVR’s and even had my odd brand but still nothing worked. I think I’ve got about 20 hours into trying things with it but it’s just a puzzle at this point as I carry two other devices with me that work fine to see the DVR cams remotely.

I’ll give it a try. The reason this has been discussed mostly revolves around why the Kospet Prime works with Lynknpro, My Android 10 phone works with Lynknpro but the Kospet Prime 2 won’t even start Lynknpro - that’s my biggest puzzle / concern.
HiKvision ? rather than HKvision? Trying HiKvision and have nothing but a small spinning circle on an all white page after at least 5 minutes

1 Like

Ok lol for the data to be enabled i need to have the apn settings changed sorry for the triple post any help would be greatly appreciated

Ok I decided to go get the sim card and service plan and try winging it and I can confirm that straighttalk bring your own phone sim card kits work with the att sim card without any modifications required :star::star::star::star::star::ok_hand::+1::+1:

Ok so just spent like 6 hours reading 500+ posts in this thread and could not locate the method for APN editing @pablo11 could someone give me information on how to do so, and does this device appear as a normal phone or as a tablet or as a watch/other to service providers when pairing to an account? Thank you for helping

@taikur the answer to your problem is here: Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED! - #667 by pablo11

I believe it will appear as a normal phone

@taikur, So you have cellular working but not mobile data? If that is the case you need to change the APN settings. However that is a bit of a trick - at least with the Tracfone SIM which is the same company as Straight talk - because there was no option to Add or Edit APN settings with the Tracfone SIM in the watch. I was only able to do that by hot swapping in a Sprint SIM card and adding the APN settings for Tracfone and then swapping back in the Tracfone SIM. I think the link Teebow provided above will take you to the several posts I made about this and some of the troubles I encountered before having success.
If you don’t have access to a Sprint SIM I believe a T-Mobile SIM would also work. I don’t know for sure but I don’t think it even needs to be an active SIM card. There a sellers on eBay who sell used SIM cards for less than a dollar to people who need one to bypass activation on some phones or those who only use a phone on Wifi so they aren’t annoyed by constant popups warning ‘No Sim card’.

Thanks for the help but like having to go through all this is really ridiculous to get my internet to work and I found and app named add apn that accesses the add apn screen directly and it shows the empty fields to be filled in but they are uneditable and locked even though they are empty. And I have a tmobile sim and it’s not working on it either.