Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

No problem, I was just curious to see how it could be set. He opens the PlayStore, Fortnite and YouTube and the corners are not cut. Thanks anyway.

Yes this is possible, but it makes the square far too small in my opinion…

However, if it can be set in a simple way, in my opinion it can be very useful.

1 Like

Well, to put it simply - no it can’t because all apps thet need to be scaled down to fit the round screen are affected.

So it will be left as it is and as I said before, it is to serve a purpose and not so that it looks like a nice neat little square :grin:

But it is possible that I have misunderstood your reply… If so I apologise :+1:

1 Like

Although the setting is for all applications, in my opinion they are seen smaller but the options are seen better. Thanks always for your availability.

1 Like

You will understand better when you get the newer firmware.
In a little while.
Have faith :+1:

It was a firmware version… Nothing a user can change

1 Like

Perfect thanks :+1:

I have asked a friend to help explain the issues a little further.
I hope it helps :+1:

@pablo11 ok, I understand :+1:

It seems like the new square mode is working by scaling the content down based on a percentage value. This unfortunately has the downside of making the text very small and increases blurriness.
There is also an additional issue that the menu settings will be shown outside of the square which could make it difficult to access it on some apps:

The current square mode works by applying an overscan to the visible area, as this doesn’t alter the content it will keep the text scaling intact and also have the settings accessible.
The slight zoom-in is intended as reasonable tradeoff to increase the screen estate:

5 Likes

Very nicely explained.
Thanks mate :+1:

Could this be a hardware defect or just software?

So this new square mode is in the update and accordingly its not recommended ?

Have you factory reset ? And if so does problem still exist . You will need to flash firmware first to see if this works . Let me know if you need guidance on this

1 Like

The touch control does not work good without the watch being held or mounted on your arm. Either hold it in one hand with some fingers resting on the back of the watch, or mount it on your arm, and you will notice the touch control is ok. The touch control is apparently tuned for usage with the body as capacity on the backside of the watch, and not for usage lying alone.

8 Likes

It’s a joke i hope ! with a scratching sponge have you tried?

Sorry, you lost me. I have no idea where a scratching sponge comes into the picture…

What carrier is your SIM? My 4G - mobile data did not work until I changed the APN settings. If you are on Straight Talk or Tracfone with an AT&T based SIM it is difficult to change APN settings. A ways back in the thread you will find how I accomplished that if that is what is preventing your 4G from working. Also please don’t take offense but it looks like your fingernails are so long that you are not getting your finger on the screen. A fingernail does NOT work for tapping as the screen tap works by body capacitance and it needs good contact with your finger. And as Dotsfar mentioned it also works better when the back side is in contact with your skin.

Some phones I’ve had have screens so sensitive that a tap can be successful without even touching the screen - just getting close makes the tap happen. That’s not the case with the Prime 2 but it does work fine if you are using it as I describe.

2 Likes

I just shared the video,its not mine.

1 Like