Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

I’m hoping to get better integration with Google Fit.
What do you think about this?
Good idea… Bad idea…??

1 Like

Would you believe it but i have never even tried it ? However many do so i would say a great idea :+1:

1 Like

Ok thanks.
We are looking for a more seamless solution for the apps.
Having the apps being able to work together has always been a serious problem for us.
So it makes sense that we should try to get it sorted :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Apps i have try to read messages and notifications : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ar.com.wd.wdservice&hl=fr&gl=US https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pelix.notify&hl=fr&gl=US https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.piotr.dismoitoutsms&hl=fr&gl=US
None of them works and say problem with TTS Engine on your phone. So there is a problem with TTS on this watch…

It’s strange, I had some good bike sessions with My Running app, with no problems at all, but now every time it makes the watch reboot after a few minutes, boot sound and logo :cold_sweat:
I’m wondering what could have changed, since my initial bike runs were ok…

1 Like

Is screen on all the time?
Or installed something that you can think of that might clash with it?

If it’s a thermal protection reboot then the watch must be getting hot??

No, I only have screen on raise. Well, I am starting to wonder about the new Watch Droid, which has also started accessing the sensors, and if these concurrent uses crashes in some way. I don’t have access to the pre-sensor update though, I’d love to fall back, I don’t see the reason for a notification sync app to start doing health sensor related stuff :thinking: there are other dedicated apps for this.

2 Likes

Use ghostracer instead. It does a whole bunch, including tracking gpx files. BTW, how’s the hrm? My is waaay off target. I wonder why they can’t program it properly? The pulse belt to the rescue.

I will check runmeter out, I think I had it in the past.

1 Like

Great idea. Strava too. This and working Heart rate monitor would be a great selling point.

To get TTS working:
Go to TTS settings
Hit “Prioritied engine”, or similar ( top field)
Tap google text-to-speech engine (if you downloaded it)
Go back one step to menu
Now press the blue settings button at the top
Install the voice data
Enable use on via WiFi. (I don’t have a SIM card on the kp2)
Press back arrow. Then leave settings.
Reboot watch

I tested this on two of the apps you linked, 100% working.

Now I need to carry on with my day cya

2 Likes

Thank you but infortunately when i go to TTS settings i get a force close and cant select anything… That the problem.

What is your firmware version?

then we can also say that playing heavy games on Kp2 isnt a wise decision coz it will overheat as well so that only brings us to the conclusion that a watch with powerful hardware as the Kp2 should only be used for calls,messaging,heartrate monitoring and some good looking watchfaces!!

so the question is…why put such powerful hardware in a smart watch in the first place if we are not allowed to fully make use of it?!!

What a relief that 2020 ends in just a few days :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The Kospet Prime 2 does not heat up abnormally when playing video games even during a long session that lasts more than 30 minutes.

I can assure you I do it every day for my youtube videos.

4 Likes

Firmware is V 1.4 20201031 the last version.

1 Like

It’s astonishing that some are so eager to find problems, that they dream up situations where there might be a problem, without verifying or even having a problem or real need…

4 Likes

I never questioned that. I was asking why Kp2 overheats with prolonged video recording (according to smartwatch ticks)?!
I also asked few poeple about the average screen on time they,re getting and the only direct answer i got was from chigz tech review video!

Me the camera of my smartwatch I never use it for long on the other hand video games I do sessions that sometimes last the whole afternoon and the Kospet Prime 2 does not heat up at all.

We can’t tell how long a smartwatch battery lasts as it depends on your usage.

What I can say is that the Kospet prime 2 is the best smartwatch I have because it is the one that has the battery that lasts the longest.

Although its a pointless exercise i did a test . Screen on , wifi on , sim in , bluetooth on , gps on and got 8 hours . No overheating at all . No shutdown . As mentioned these are not for shooting long videos ? They are a watch ?

5 Likes