Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

1. Video recording is not that heavy to call “unrealistic, weird, intense”. Writing disk? Screen? Then why don’t you remove screen and disk?

2. Point is not video recording here. You are fighting with my finger while I am pointing thermal defect.

3. Poor Thor 6 pro which this forum does not like that much is able to do that “unrealistic, weird, intense” thing.

Which daily need, be it emailing, messaging, surfing, whatever, that you have causes the watch to have a thermal defect ?

1 Like

We don’t dislike or have any opinion about the Thor 6.
We just have no relationship with Zeblaze and have little experience with their products. This is their choice.

But just to be clear - the PCBs in all the Android 10 watches are exactly the same.

Just some very minor differences for different screen types and connectors etc…
But otherwise the same.

Please let’s leave this alone now because the solution provider is already aware of this and repeating it over and over is not going to make any difference.

I’m not arguing with you, it’s up to them what they think is important or not and I was just pointing out that using the watch as video recorder is not very high on their list of things to worry about.

Rest assured - they are aware of the situation and if any solution is found we will make sure you know about it.

Now please let’s leave it there.

Otherwise we will open a separate thread for this.

2 Likes

For example browser can do this, simply pretty much anything that writes to disk while screen is open :slight_smile:, a long list.

What I left under that video was that:

Thor 6 survived because needs to encode video in a lower resolution than LEM 12 Pro I guess. LEM 12 was alive because Android 10 is fresh yet. Kospet was dead because of both. The thermal engineering point is valid for everything but does not help that too much. Plus, this review should also mention CPU temperature.

they are aware of the situation and if any solution is found we will make sure you know about it.

Deal. This was the goal @pablo11. Thank you for all your effort.

an honest review i guess,especially about the battery department and the heartrate sensor.

and by having charges that last longer,how many hours of screen on time are you getting with your typical/average use?

Any news about the TTS engine (speech synthesis) on this watch ? Unable to make it speech my messages…

A better solution might be AccuBattery which shows the discharge in mA:

discharge

This is significantly better for comparison as the percent per hour consumption is just mostly based on the battery capacity:

For example the standby usage of the hardware is around ~10mAh, that would roughly translate to 400 hours standby on a 4000mAh battery and 90hours for a 900mAh battery.
This is around 0.25% per hour for the 4000mAh battery and around 1.10% for the 900mAh battery, but it sounds a lot worse for the smaller battery even if the total consumption is identical.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t interpret to much into this results, the thermal shutdown is working as intended.
They could simply add some underclocking/undervolting to reduce the thermal discharge to not even noticeable and without sacrificing performance.

It is even possible to increase the performance due to lifted thermal constraints as shown here.

6 Likes

Yes I agree with R_Sauvalle - please don’t eliminate video recording as it is one of the main reasons I bought this watch. I do not expect to do recordings of more than a minute or so and thus I don’t believe overheating would be an issue.

I checked sound in a video for a few seconds and it works but is at a lower volume than the voice recorder I have on the watch.

Thanks none, I’ll check out Accubattery.

I recorded a couple of 1 minute clips with the watch about 10-12" from my mouth and spoke at normal conversation level. Sound works but appears to be very muted. Very difficult to hear on playback unless on max volume.

I too am unable to have data access since the data apn field is not editable with AT&T as carrier. Did you still need example of the needed APN fields that previously worked?

Heart rate sensor isn’t really working as intended. I use a 15 euro pulsebelt (smart Bluetooth) instead. It registers even the smallest intervals. Built in hrm was 20-80 bpm off. You can have screen on time for hours.

TTS working as intended here. I used read aloud and Google TTS. I will download Alreader tomorrow and test further.

Edit: TTS failed to initialize on MyRunningApp.
Edit 2: TTS working in all apps. I can guide you if you still need help.
Speaking of MyRunningApp, I get random shutdowns to “android” text logo on black background after running for about an hour. Only hard reset works at this point. Ouch.

@Colin_Green I recorded a few seconds from every camera on every Android 10 (three of them) currently on the market plus one A7.1.1 watch for comparison. I put those clips in my Google Drive in a folder called Android 10 Watch Video Samples. I speak, like you, on all the clips and, like you reported, many of them are muffled. Compare with the A7.1.1 clip and you’ll see what a huge step backwards we have taken across the board for audio on video recording.

tinyurl.com/androidwatches Folder is at the top.

2 Likes

It’s a case of time @SmartWatch_Ticks
They need to work on the drivers and MTK are also involved now.
It was always going to be a challenge to get a lot of this stuff to work because of the many restrictions applied in the OS.

The other side of the coin is that the previous M6739 SOC is now very expensive as they try to phase it out.
So there is little choice but pushing ahead with Android 10 and there will be some Android 9 in the mix soon as well.
Unfortunately Android 9 has almost the same restrictions as Android 10.
So they will keep working on it.

3 Likes

I just found it: Kospet has its own webshop

Same here with MRA . Been testing for weeks . Sadly with no further updates this app is a dead duck . However " runmeter " is looking good :+1:. One interesting thing on A10 is .gif files work as nature intended unlike A7.1.1 where framerate can be a issue

1 Like