Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

This is the exact same messenger issue I posted about a week ago. No app icon (other than the standard SMS icon) but “Messenger” opens up when I receive photos or html content (but too big for screen as you noted and no way to open those messages once closed.) It happens to texts that people send in response to a text string already going in the SMS app. Lost forever one closed lol. Will have to try that setting change in Apps enhancements and see if it makes all the messenger buttons available next time it opens so I can explore some.

I transferred all my faces from prime 1 clock skin folder to prime 2 clockskin folder andthey pretty much all work ok. Even the surfer motion face. Though all but one of the touch control faces don’t link to the apps.

There’s a watchmaker thread with a tweaked version of the apk. You can try it.

3 Likes

Arghhhh…

Welldone !
Is it a recent feature or did I miss this for a long time?

Ah I see.
That is mms.
Their custom made app is not really good enough for production use in my opinion.

That’s why I suggest using Google messages instead

Firmware added to the top post

4 Likes

years been like that.

yeah I’ve created a watchface with scrolling dynamic text and other features including skin change with wm transitions and made it work using that wearOS converted apk. unfortunately weather, calendar and other important things are missing.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Silicone Rubber Diver Watch Band Strap For Invicta Excursion 18202 Black Smart Wearable Device Accessories from Consumer Electronics on banggood

1 Like

i bought this one on aliexpress…seems to have the same finish as the watc (wich should be here soon)

2 Likes

After extensive digging around I found a combination of two apps which work together that will block all SMS and calls not in your contact list. I was extra motivated after getting unknown MMS with a download probably a virus at 4:00 and 5:00 AM this morning. :frowning_face:
The app ‘Should I Answer?’ and ‘QKSMS’ work together with many options in Should I Answer if you don’t want to block all calls in your contact list but it is available for calls and SMS.

Beside that I found that the ‘Messaging’ app I mentioned above to work with MMS and give an actual icon does not seem able to send any pictures (MMS) but will send text only. Even a very small 2k picture file failed to arrive and also the text along with it would not go out. Since Kospet had no icon for it’s built in MMS messaging app does that mean you cannot send MMS ?

To answer my own question - I installed QKSMS which handles both SMS and MMS. It works fine to send both SMS and MMS such as sending pictures. Uninstalled the Messaging 4.4.360 I had put on so that fixes the lack of MMS support for sending and QKSMS has a lot of nice options as well as fitting on the screen better.

3 Likes

Did you see the reply from @pablo11 ?
" Their custom made app is not really good enough for production use in my opinion.

That’s why I suggest using Google messages instead"

So he already stated it isn’t good. Why don’t you use Google Messages or you could try Signal which can also handle SMS ?

Ah, you did :slight_smile:
QKSMS :slight_smile:

Regarding the added charging cable warning in the first post. I have ordered an extra Prime 2 cable from the AliExpress official shop, they are in control and no risk of getting wrong polarity from them ?

Might be good to compare polarity with a simple multimeter. I think the issue was more related to using the Rollme S08 cable on a Prime 2 as they are the same size but probably reversed polarity. I’ll check that in a minute. Yep the S08 cable is reverse polarity from the Prime 2 so DON’T use a Rollme S08 cable on the Prime 2 and don’t use your Prime 2 cable on a Rollme S08 if you have one.

For anyone who doesn’t have a multimeter it is a very handy tool for many uses and you can get one for under $5 with free shipping in the U.S. at Walmart online. Less than I could even find one at banggood.com.

1 Like

An update from the stock camera testing. As mentioned before, if you start the video and let it run amuck, it will sprint for 32 min and then seal it up and stop automatically. The watch gets pretty hot but doesn’t go into panic mode. For the bad news, if it’s recording when it runs out of power, you loose the last recording as no EOF is added. All the bytes are there, but it won’t load and play. It might be salvageable by someone knowledgeable, but just a warning. So how much power do you need for that last 32 min segment? More than 40%. I checked the level before I started filming, and the watch died about a minute or two before hitting the 32 min mark. So at best you can get about 2.5 - 2.8 segments of 32 min length each from a full charge, just in case any of you were wondering if you can capture that classroom lecture you’re attending. Now if we had a booster dock for this watch, well, that would be another story.

4 Likes

What resolution were you using? Were you using the stock camera? A while back I think you were asking about alternate cameras - these two will do 13 MP (or 12.8 MP) - HD Camera app and ‘Best Camera’ app.

The pin nearest the side where the cable comes into the magnetic connector should be positive for the Prime 2.prime2.cable

You measure on the outside two pins - not the magnets.

1 Like

Yes, correct.
Just be very careful about what you do. If you use another cable it can seriously damage the Prime 2

2 Likes

It was just the stock camera. I’m messing around with Open Camera now. It has a rotating icon for the video button that shows the orientation of the camera for shooting video. As long as you tilt your arm to the angle that points the video camera icon in the way you want the video to show up on playback (landscape, portrait, or upside down of either of these), it will begin recording that orientation and stay that way no matter how you bend your arm. Resolution needs to be set to 1440x1080 (4:3 ratio, 1.56MP video) for it to work. The higher 1920x1080 doesn’t produce images but solid color videos which are useless. I think you’re talking 13MP pictures @droidtrix, but I’m talking videos, which usually are 30 or 60 fps at much lower resolution, like HD or FHD. Obviously we aren’t going to push 4K or 8K video out of this watch. I plan to do a duration test tomorrow to see how long it will go with an individual video clip. Right now with the camera pointed forward, the image is upside down on the screen (though it can be recorded rightsize up if the video icon is pointed toward the center of the watch before touching it). I’m hoping there’s a way to flip the image for display while recording like on the stock camera.

3 Likes