Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Unzipped folders always work without UL and clockskins with subfolders not working again is nothing new . Thanks

I was more asking for a confirm or ideas than bringing infoā€¦
My last dive in these watchface stuff dates from my efforts to build my own watchface for my Prime.
I was rather successful, then, building FaceMaker watchfaces that worked on both my Kospet Prime and my Ticwatch C2.

Today I also tried to use my unprotected FaceMaker exports as they are nothing more than xml zip files renamed as .watch but, of course, they contain subfolders AND filenames beginning with a dot!
For my Prime I tested modifying such a watchface, flattening the files, removing the dots and adapting the xml filesā€¦
Interesting, but not feasible for dozens of watchfaces!

Again, nothing new for most of you I suppose but if someone had an idea or tools to help with my quest Iā€™d take itā€¦

2 Likes

You can only run .watch files with UL.
Stock launcher doesnā€™t support these files

The last 3.4.2 beta of ul works on prime 2

5 Likes

FYI guys, I took the bands off and turned my Prime 2 into a dash cam by starting a video recording and shoving the watch from the front side just above my visor on the driverā€™s side and letting it record until it self-stopped. Each video ran a tad over 32 minutes for about 3.2GB of data. Setting the screen to lowest brightness let a full recording consume only about 20% of battery life. The watch gets warm, but not hot.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear.
Thatā€™s what I was told but havenā€™t had a chance to test yetā€¦lol

Congratulations Pablo for the software of the Kospet Prime 2 you have improved it enormously.

It is true that I was a little late because I had not had a round smartwatch since the Finow X5plus.

Yesterday I took out my old X5 to compare with the Kospet Prime 2 and it is obvious that the software has done a hell of a lot forward even if for the time the X5 was already very good.

Ha ha, I didnā€™t do thatā€¦ I just made suggestions to the firmware teamā€¦
But thanks anyway :+1:

1 Like

You can tell them that the software has made a leap forward in just 4 years.

Ok, thank you :+1:

1 Like

A request for a future update. Most newer and some older phone and also messaging apps have a built in option to block all calls and (in SMS) all texts from Unknown numbers (not in your contact list). With lots of SPAM and cons out there it would be great to have that option in the phone and messaging on the Prime 2.

Not to mention the annoyance of such calls and messages with my carrier I get charged for each text message as well as airtime for calls.

After hours of digging for something that can block both I have only found one app that can block all unknown calls but nothing that can block unknown texts which actually works. You would think it would be easy to create an app to block both texts and calls not in your contact list but after trying dozens of apps (highly rated ones too) nothing works.

If anyone knows of such an app that can do both please post or PM.

For most of these apps to work you have to turn them off in the Optimization > battery saver apps list so they can run in the background.

Look at the beginning of this video you can see the watch face which indicates that I am at less than 100% battery.

I am playing a 3d game for 20 minutes, the watch does not heat up at all and at the end of the video you can see the same watch face which indicates that the battery has gone down slightly a bit.

For me the Kospet Prime 2 is a watch for gamers:

4 Likes

I noticed something odd regarding the battery usage recently. In the past I was losing about 10% overnight with everything closed and cleaned. At first it seemed with Airplane mode on it was worse than with it off. But now I found (I will need to confirm with a couple more overnight tests) that when I had Optimization > Clean task > Battery saver turned OFF that it does not lose even 1% overnight regardless of whether Airplane mode is on or off. Seems backwards but I will test again several times to confirm.

2 Likes

@droidtrix
No, it is possible that adding all these custom (vendor) apps is actually a bad idea.
So I will be very interested if you can get consistent results because I want that app removed.
Itā€™s too confusing for most and task killer can always be installed by who ever needs it.
I donā€™t see any reason for it to be a system appā€¦

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be testing the next couple nights and will let you know.

Another possible issue I came across while trying to get a text blocking app. The text messaging app needs to be set to ā€˜Messagingā€™ as the default texting app. If it is set to SMS as default you wonā€™t get any text messages. SMS and Messaging seem tied together but I canā€™t open Messaging as there is no App icon. Yet when I did get a blocked text message I could open it and see that it had quite a few messages stored that I had dismissed as they were Spam. Now I canā€™t get to them to delete them. I donā€™t see any way to open ā€˜Messagingā€™. Some messages I have are stored in ā€˜SMSā€™ app that I have kept and those can be saved or deleted. But it would seem ā€˜Messagingā€™ needs an App icon to open it and get access to those messages. Am I missing a way to open Messaging?

Google Messages app?
You do have to set it as default and then you have to grant all the permissions it needs

1 Like

Is Google Messages an app that needs to be installed in addition to the system Messaging app?
I donā€™t see that app on the watch currently.

Yes you have to install it.
But it has built in Spam control and can be used as instant messaging app or just SMS.

1 Like

Thanks pablo11 - Iā€™ll check it out. Just seems odd the built in messaging app doesnā€™t have an icon to open it. When I did have it open from the SMS it was off the screen a lot even in ā€˜square screenā€™ mode. Maybe Kospet had not quite finished refining it to where they wanted it opened easily.

Not especially thrilled with anything Google lately (other than basic Android OS) I went with the app ā€˜SMS from Android 4.4ā€™ (updated 10-30-2020) which works fine. At first I could barely read any text in the app so I went to Optimization > Third Party apps adapter - which says when the function is turned on third party apps will show more content. It was ON. When I turned it off I could now easily read text and also access the menus in the corner which were previously unreachable. Seems a bit counter-intuitive but for this app it is best left off.

1 Like