Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

A warning?
Sorry I don’t know what you mean?
If it is unrelated to this thread then you should send me a private message by tapping on my picture

i have send private message

Wow, 6cm, I didn’t realize. I hope that’s the whole case and not only the screen (2.1" = 5.33cm). That’s going to take some getting used to :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It’s actually 57mm… Just over 2.1 inches.

1 Like

And the whole case then, from strap mount to strap mount, and also from side to side ?

According to the drawing, the size is 60x68 mm

1 Like

Even though the battery is bigger, since the screen is bigger, I don’t think I would expect better battery life despite the new chipset etc… I’ve been disappointed with the battery life on the prime (and thats with cell,wifi off). But otherwise the new version tics everything else on my list I’ve been hoping for. Can’t wait to see all the watch faces submitted for the contest :slight_smile:

Well I just measured the exact screen size (which is what I thought you wanted) @Dotsfar and it is 57mm.
Screen only.
I have been wearing it for a while and I am fine with it

3 Likes

As I said before, this is an engineering sample and I am not going to publish any other sizes etc…
Because they are subject to change.
However, the screen size is not going to change.
Cheers

Yes, you are right. But hearing the huge size I started speculating about the whole watch size, and having it on my arm :scream: so therefore the second question :grinning:
I is a MUST HAVE no matter what :yum:
But I am curious to how it will feel in daily use

1 Like

Well I started exercising my left arm 4 weeks ago.:wink:

9 Likes

Yep, as @G1NT0N1C says…
Eat spinach
Do as many press-ups as possible :joy::joy:

Well, it didn’t take me long to get used to it.
Same as getting used to the lemfo LEM X.

4 Likes

how and load it,
is it a magnetic cable or a charging dock ?

Well mine got bricked after 2 months usage. But I got a replacement unit. I try not to brick it by installing only necessary apps. So far manage to last 2 days. Now I wish I bought Lem10 just bcoz I’m tired switching from round to square to round. Hope there will be lem10 2

Starting to get off topic people.
I will move any posts not directly related to the Prime 2 to a general chat…

3 Likes

I agree, especially, whenever I check the distribution of the battery usage, the pertange of the screen is about 65%. Greater screen, greater battery will cancel each other. There is a big 4g power comsuption issue by the MTK 6739 chipset, I hope the new chipset has improvements on it. I checked the power comsumption with wifi- it is about -200 mA screen on, with 3g about 300 mA and with 4G about 400-450 mA. Using 4G in a two way video call makes the phone hot and turn off. So I bought myself a cellphone with 5000 mAh battery, leaving its hotspot on in my bag and never use 3G, 4G anymore.

Just note that your 3G, 4G and general cellular power usage will depend on how far you are from a cell tower. Cell phones and watches have for a long time adjusted transmit power automatically depending on how strong the cell tower signal is which reaches your phone / watch. So the weaker the cell tower signal the more battery power will be used to maintain a good connection.

Most newer chipsets tend to have better power management so I suspect the Prime 2 will be no worse and probably better than the Prime.

1 Like

I agree. I know that my WiFi hotspot is a meter away from me. It is better. The smartwatch doesn’t need to use extra power. The reason I am a bit pessimistic about the power consumption, because I am using a Lenovo P2, which is the second long lasting phone in the market. While my watch’s charge is dropping, P2 charge is very stable even with the hotspot on. I wonder if they used P2 kind of chipset for the watches. Probably they are expensive.

Well, your wish already granted. Prime 2 using MT6762 which are mediatek version of SD625 in Lenovo P2 with almost identical perfomance

1 Like

:slight_smile: I should buy Kospet 2 then. Kospet prime battery =
36 mm x 29 mm x 7.5 mm = 7830 mm3

Lenova K6 Note battery =
73 mm X 65 mm X 4.8 mm = 22776 mm3

Design value of K6 = 4000 mAh

Kospet Prime Equivalence (roughly)

= 7830 mm3 / 22776 mm3 x 4000 mAh= 1375 mah
But Accubattery value is 822 mAh

It is a bit better to do this calculation in weight basis. I will try to do that later.