Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

I am really enjoying my Prime 2. Because of the screen size I get inspired to using more of my phone apps on it, getting closer to the possibility of being away from the phone :ok_hand:
And until now, the battery has supported it. It does run dry one or two hours before midnight, but I have also used it like crazy :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Does anyone else have observations regarding WiFi ? Prime 2 seems much less sensitive, I have connection problems in places the Prime 1 didnā€™t, and slow download, and just discovered that it connects on 2.4Ghz, while the Prime 1 always connected on 5Ghz.

Add edit:
I created a 5Ghz only network and it connects just fine to this. So it seems when 2.4 and 5 networks are available with same name, it defaults to the 2.4, while the Prime 1 preferred the 5Ghz.

Iā€™ve noticed I have to be closer to the Wifi router than with most full size phones. Iā€™ve got 3 walls between the watch and the router which is about 30 feet away. It wonā€™t connect at that distance with those 3 walls but most phones I have will connect from here. Iā€™m guessing it may use a less powerful Wifi than phones that have larger batteries. Or maybe the antenna internal antenna is quite as robust. Not sure about which band itā€™s using at the moment but I believe the Prime 1 also was not able to reach my Wifi from this same spot.

You can find out which band it is connected to in the WiFi settings.

@Dotsfar, I donā€™t seem to see anything in Wifi settings on mine that says what band itā€™s on. I went to > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi and looked at everything in Wi-Fi but I donā€™t see any indication of what band itā€™s on. I see MAC address, IP address info and Wifi usage by app etc. but no band info. I can probably install an app that will give me that info but where in settings are you finding that? Might be related to my still having the engineering sampleā€¦

Tap on the actual Wi-Fi connection that you are using in the Wi-Fi settings

1 Like

Tapping on the Wifi network name Iā€™m on shows the name of it and one choice to ā€˜Forgetā€™ but no other info. Not really a concern I was just seeing if mine was different from Dotsfar.

I have been trying to edit or overwrite the etc/apns-conf.xml file with the correct APN settings so I can get mobile data but no luck. Can you think of anyway to do this without root?

I spent over half an hour today talking to my carrier support and they tried to update the APN remotely but said they could not do so - the watch wouldnā€™t accept the update. I suppose this may still be due to having the engineer sample - Iā€™ve been trying to get myself to send it in but I have been holding off as it sounds like they were barely keeping up with demand. Guess I may have to giveā€™em up for a while.

2 Likes

As I explained before and many timesā€¦
They stopped production and revised the Sim tray.
They were flooded with orders while they were working on that.
Now production is in full swing and customers that have been waiting will all be taken care of now.
Paying customers are the priority.
Did you contact them with the details as I asked you to?
To replace the preview samples that were sent to you by mistake?

1 Like

When connected to the network, the data is displayed. If you are not connected you will see what you say.

2 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s true too

will be much easier to tell which band it is on and to switch between them if you go to your routers settings and change the ssid for one of them

3 Likes

@noidremained I would agree but
Iā€™m on mesh and one SSID for both 5ghz and 2.4ghzā€¦
Still shows connection speed and which band I useā€¦
First in Wi-Fi click on the SSID in this case ASUS.

Once you click on it you get this which clearly shows the band. If you scroll down it also shows connection speed.

3 Likes

Very strange in that I was two feet from the router and it showed connected but I couldnā€™t get any of that info. Until todayā€¦

Today I tried it again and it shows just like pablo11 and Dotsfar said. 2.4GHz BTW.

Hereā€™s a tip I think everyone may want to know. Iā€™ve tested it a several times now although it is not conclusive until I get the standard model Prime 2 but I think it will apply to that also.

If you want to leave your watch on overnight but still want to be able to take or make phone calls or get messages etc. you can save a lot of battery power by going into developer options and turning on ā€œDonā€™t keep activitiesā€ which makes a big difference in battery usage. 9,5 hours in that mode and it only lost 1%. MIght be useful if you are running low on charge and are not able to charge it while out somewhere too.

Regarding the Wifi info it turns out the difference between seeing that info and only getting the ā€˜Forgetā€™ was the difference between ā€˜pressingā€™ on the Wifi router connection shown and a ā€˜tapā€™ on that connection. The ā€˜tapā€™ brings up the info.

3 Likes

I canā€™t find any developer options on mine :upside_down_face: but probabaly a good thing as I am struggling to understand and remember all the settings I do have access to lol

Goto settings- about phone- build number. Tap 9 times on build number.
After that, youā€™ll find developer options:
settings- System- developer options.

2 Likes

My Samsung S4 got relegated to Dash cam on my FJ almost a year ago while I contested with the small screen of the Prime then the bigger (much easier to use but PP battery life) LemX. Now the Prime 2 has nailed the coffin lid closed on the fondle slabs for me. For me this is a good as it needs to be, but

Thanks for that. Now there will be trouble (just kiddingā€¦ I hope)

Doing a little research to see if I need/want to go there as I donā€™t want to compromise my phone performance.

There were a couple of bits of advice in that article that resonated with me.
ā€œIf you donā€™t understand what this means, youā€™ll never need to use this setting and probably shouldnā€™tā€., andā€¦
ā€œNothing good can come of this, regardless of what you might have heard on the Internet.ā€

Though I can certainly see some value in the ā€œShow all ANRsā€ option. that I might use one day.

Having almost never had a phone / watch without root (and usually TWRP) Iā€™m wondering what people have found for the best ways to backup watch settings and app settings?