Kospet Prime 2 Official support UPDATED!

Do you have the watch paired to your phone as well?
Or any other devices?

Hi Pablo11. No my fondle slab was relegated to the role of dash cam back in December last year when I got my Prime 1.

I paired it with the stereo head unit in my FJ. It sometimes fails to auto pair but seems to pair ok when I go to make a call from the watch. The head unit connection is also a bit flaky but I canā€™t rule out interference from multiple sources when driving.

Cool watchface. Which one is it?

Thanks @pablo11, then itā€™s probably the bottom one of these, with a bad worded translation.
It says ā€œActivate soundsā€, probably they mean sounds on activation/boot. It looked like a general sound on/off switchā€¦

Hi @Colin_Green,

Yes same trouble with Bluetooth. I tried connecting to my coffee machine, and it flipped connected/disconnect every few seconds.

Then I tried connecting to the phone with Watch Droid, same result. It just keeps connect/disconnect.

As a result I have no connectivity at all. None of my messaging apps wake on incoming messages and watchdroid cannot pass through what happens on the phone because of Bluetooth troublesā€¦

(have checked battery optimization disabled for each of them)

To make watchdroid work, do the following:
Goto settings- special app access- unrestricted data access. Enable watchdroid. Then reboot watch. At last pair your watch and phone again. Now it should work.
If you enable Bluetooth on the watch, you will have to reboot and re-pair.

3 Likes

Thanks @G1NT0N1C, but that didnā€™t help, through the whole day I have had 1 burst of buffered notifications from the phone. Rest of day connect/disconnect issues. Iā€™m afraid the Bluetooth on Prime 2 has got some issues which needs to be resolved.

I had a step watch with hr reader back in 2014 just before I got the Sony smw3. It could pair with the phone via bluetooth and it had about 150mha battery, lasting about 4-5 days. So you can imagine the gyroā€™s use virtually no battery.

I may have solved the background killing:
In addition to the new Android 10 settings, I found the old style background cleaner.
Optimization->Clean task->Battery saver

In there we also need to remove apps from the background cleaner. Pfheww, that took much searchingā€¦

2 Likes

@pablo11 has already pointed this out somewhere on the forum :+1:

1 Like

Great, but here are thousands of posts.
We should have a watch setup thread for each watch, with only setup tips :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Also Mr. Ticks showed it in his video, which I watched but didnā€™t really need to.

Yeah I watched that as well and learned of the cleaner etc under optimization but I donā€™t recall any warnings that enabling cleaner might affect bluetooth. Anyhoo my Bluetooth (music) is going great so the world is full of rainbows and unicorns again.

3 Likes

It is going great because of what changes ?
Just to help others ā€¦

Hi Pablo11. Itā€™s going great because I disabled the cleaner under optimization settings shown above, after my bluetooth music signal started cutting in and out (apparently because because I had enabled the cleaner to to stop 4 apps running in background)

1 Like

Good to hear :+1:

1 Like

I said ā€œbecause becauseā€ because

Edit. Enjoying the helpful dialogue and people here. Yā€™all must be very odd.

Thanks,
I only asked because there is another option suggested by another member that involves changing the developer options.

I was just curious to know which method you had used.

My apologies, I should have explained.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m having a morning of rainbows and unicorns too :laughing: For the first time since Iā€™ve had this watch it stayed at 100% battery charge overnight with the airplane mode on. Odd as that might sound if anyone missed previous posts I normally lose about 10% charge overnight when airplane mode is on (cellular off) versus losing very little if cellular is on. Iā€™ll be looking at what I might have changed - not sure at the moment but I was in the developer options yesterday playing around with some things.

Still digging around to see what I changed. One thing changed in Developer options I found so far was turning off ā€œVerify bytecode of debuggable appsā€

I also found I had turned on (by accident) the Developer option ā€œDonā€™t keep activitiesā€ I think that may have been more responsible for the better battery performance. However having that on pops up the screen to put all recently opened apps in the trash after closing any app and Iā€™m not sure that is a good idea although Iā€™ll likely turn that on at night to see if it does make that much difference in battery usage or anytime I would likely not be using the watch for several hours.

3 Likes

Google Calendar crashes on startup, so impossible to useā€¦