Kospet Prime 2 battery / charging problems

Hi guys,

I got my prime 2 in December and for the most part, it’s worked without issue and I was quite pleased with the battery life. On a typical day, I was getting about 15 to 18 use before recharging it. A couple of days ago though, I noticed it didn’t charge like it has been and though connected, I thought maybe the charging cable wasn’t mated up correctly so I repositioned and it seemed to charge as normal. Over the next couple of days, the battery time seemed reduced and the charging became harder. This morning when I woke, it was only at 22% after being plugged in all night. I have since come to work (8 hours now) and it’s been plugged in since I got here and at last check it was only at 38%.

Nothing on my end has changed. It goes to sleep when charging and I haven’t made any changes to the watch in weeks so I’m clueless.

Anything thoughts or ideas? Do I contact Kospet about it or Bangood?

Anthony

Ps - it’s been charging all day and had reverted to 25%

Overcharging wont help . It will do the opposite to be honest . We always recommend only charging the required amount ( not overnight ) . However i dont believe this has caused your problem . Obviously we always ask to try the following things -

Make sure charging pins cleaned with a little alchohol .

Factory reset

Ensure you use P2 cable only .

If still doesnt work contact Banggood

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks Dr Andy. I appreciate your help.

I did clean the charging port and cord with an alcohol wipe. Nothing improved.

I have a 2nd brand new, unused, Prime 2 that I bought at same time in November, just in case a problem like this occurred and wasn’t able to be remedied, that I tried the charging cable from to see if it was in fact a cable issue. Nothing changed.

I’ve reached out to Banggood but they are asking for things that I can’t answer (pics of the packaging label, which one I’m using…etc) so they gave me an email address to make contact though (have yet to respond)

Haven’t tried the Factory reset yet as the discharge started happening rapidly tonight and was reduced to 8% even though it’s been connected to a power source. I shut it off at that point because I fear losing all power and not being able to start it again.

Still think it’s worth a shot to reset it?

Anthony

To be honest you have nothing to lose now . I would try it them maybe we can look at a return

Roger that

It won’t allow the factory reset below 25% battery

Ah yes . Totally forgot about that . Same as a OTA update . Then i see no option but a return .

Okay thank you

A bit more info

Thanks

Hi Dr Andy,

Thank you for that. I read this prior to my post. Fortunately I only have Prime 2’s in my home and the 2nd cable I tried was a replacement (purchased directly from Kospet themselves) for a the first Prime 2 I rec’d. So in my humble opinion, there shouldn’t be an issue with either cable I tried.

I reached out to Banggood again and got more information but I have yet to hear back from them.

Anthony

1 Like

I have a Kospet 2 which I bought in November and exactly a week ago I encountered the situation described by you. The watch has stopped charging. The charging cables (I have two) are functional because they work properly with the other device I have. Cleaning the charging port also has no effect.
After connecting the charging cable to the device, the symbol of a fully discharged battery appears on the display, but charging does not start.

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry for what you’re experiencing. I purchased 2 last November and the first one lasted only 4 months or so the 2nd one didn’t last much more than a week after opening it. It was a bit disappointing to say the least. I contacted Banggood but they weren’t much help and pointed me to Kospet directly. I did and they were very understanding and willing to help. The way it went down for both watches was that I returned them at my own expense ($80 USD) but they reimbursed me for that cost and replaced both of the watches. All in all it took about 22 days. Reach out to kospet. There’s a process to follow so do it to a T.

If you need help, reach out to me.

4 Likes

Thank you for your interest and a hint on how to solve the problem. When my Kospet Prime 2 broke, I ordered a second one and I used the broken one for “experiments”.
Generally, when I buy something from China, I assume in advance that it will not work for too long. Although the quality of the goods is slowly improving, it is still not the best.
I have already tested several smartwatches (ZGPAX S99, AN1, Colmi i2, Zeblaze Thor 4, Lemfo Lem4 Pro, Lemfo Lem X, Kospet Prime SE, Kospet Prime 2) and I can say that only Zeblaze Thor 4 and Kospet Prime SE have proved to be reliable and they work to this day. The rest broke after a while.

One things I’ve found on my watches is when it doesn’t seem to charge well… cleaning the contacts with hydrogen peroxide even if they don’t look dirty will help make better contact and charge fully. I’ve had issues leaving it plugged in for hours and just getting hot and not charging. After cleaning contacts it cools down the charges correctly.

Once a week I clean the contacts if I think they need it or not

1 Like

Hi All,

I’ve been experiencing similar problems on and off recently.

I noticed that the official charger on the Kospet website says “With the charging cable with a built-in chip, you can extend the life of the watch.”:

It’s not clear whether that product includes the chip, or whether they are suggesting that you purchase an add-on…can anyone confirm? Also, does the one that shipped with the watch include the chip?

Thanks,
Benson

There is no chip in the cable. You don’t need any accessories. Keep the contacts clean.

1 Like

Hello,
You can buy cheap at Banggood.
Best Regards :wink: