Kospet Optimus 2 disappointment :(

I don’t really like to write this, but somehow I have to. I got Kospet Optimus 2 last year end of august 2021. i have to say that I used it as medical device - for diabetes CGM system. I know many can say it is not for this usage…maybe… but it works only via Bluetooth with my Dexcom G6 sensor to read my sugar blood state… Somehos it is a really nice watch. But because of the hughe technic inside it looks it can’t manage soem stuff for a long time. my watch died after 3 months of use in december 2021. After long writing with kospet they replaced the watch. It took almoust 2 months. I got a new one end january. And last week it also died :frowning: . this is really sad that such a nice device can work only for three months. by the way i have also an alading w5 children watch that i used to use in notcase situation. It is a cheap android 9 device. and after 2 years it still work very well with my CGM device with no problems…

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I have a Prime, a Prime 2 and a Ticwris Max S. No problems with any of them. Sounds like you have been unlucky or have a usage pattern which collides with the durability of the watch. We all use them differently, so it’s difficult to compare.

5 Likes

well you are right. At all I really like this watch. But somehow it has to much high end options as it looks like. Probably I will stay by my low end aladeng W5 children watch which is managing it a lot lot better.
By the way- why the android watches are round? it doesn’t really make sense. they all have the same problem that the apps doesn’t fit. no idea why no one is going to produce a normal recentangle screen watch like the low end aladeng w5 watch which really suprised me with many amaizing option (removable batterry -great lovely oldschool, really loud speaker, no sensors) somehow it is getting to be my favorite android watch- even if its not supported here :wink:

You might have a look at the Lemfo LEM10. It’s an APPLE shaped Android 7 smartwatch. I still love it very much.

5 Likes

The Ticwris Max S is rectangular, with a big battery, really a nice watch.

2 Likes

Android 7 is a no-go for me. Way too old and insecure.
Thanks for suggesting it though. The same with modern specs ( :wink: ) could be really a nice watch. Other ideas ?

Nope, I am waiting for that one too :ok_hand:

This is the second Kospet watch i have purchased, the first was the Prime S which i liked but the speaker went out after a month, this was purchased from Aliexpress but ended up sending it back to Kospet themself which they organized for me to send under warranty,they said they no longer sell this model and asked if i was interested in buying the Optumus 2 for a $80 difference which i agreed it didnt take long to receive it.
 Well after receiving the Optumus 2 i had it for the same about a month and the camera went out they had me do a video on the problem just like i had to for the Prime S sending it back to Kospet costing me almost $30 for mailing it and the other watch was same, Kospet fixed it and sent it back, camera works good again but now i have the problem of it restarting for no reason at all, and a few time has actually gone into a continuous rebooting.  Then it starting going into a mode where it says error and option to reboot to factory settings, which i have done a few times. 
 Cant be bothered even trying to send it back they might not even allow it then it would be 3 times i had to send back a device from them, just thinking im just very unlucky with them and no one seems to know what to do with this problem.

For those who can’t read this
@D_L_Martin said:

This is the second Kospet watch i have purchased, the first was the Prime S which i liked but the speaker went out after a month, this was purchased from Aliexpress but ended up sending it back to Kospet themself which they organized for me to send under warranty,they said they no longer sell this model and asked if i was interested in buying the Optumus 2 for a $80 difference which i agreed it didnt take long to receive it.
Well after receiving the Optumus 2 i had it for the same about a month and the camera went out they had me do a video on the problem just like i had to for the Prime S sending it back to Kospet costing me almost $30 for mailing it and the other watch was same, Kospet fixed it and sent it back, camera works good again but now i have the problem of it restarting for no reason at all, and a few time has actually gone into a continuous rebooting. Then it starting going into a mode where it says error and option to reboot to factory settings, which i have done a few times.
Cant be bothered even trying to send it back they might not even allow it then it would be 3 times i had to send back a device from them, just thinking im just very unlucky with them and no one seems to know what to do with this problem.

1 Like

@D_L_Martin if you give me a copy of the discussion you have had with Kospet and details about how you use your watch I will review the details and talk to Kospet about it.
Email the details to me at rascmoderators@gmail.com

Thanks

3 Likes

Excellent @pablo11! :+1: First for showing…in a much easier to read format…the problems that D_L_Martin is having…and more importantly for being so quick in offering to look into this problem for him. Well done mate and a good example to all Forum members on the willingness of everyone on here to help others. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

well I got my third Optimus now as replacement after my 2 old got some problems . The third one is now 20 days old and I have a new problem. the blue button doesn’t react. well they shouldn’t sell it anymore. somehow annoying :frowning:

1 Like

@m_d
It is not manufactured any more.
The only stock available is run-out stock
So make sure you ask for new one before accepting a repaired one
Of course, this all depends on when you purchased it and who from.
For the warranty.

Maybe you should take the plunge and be “unsupported” if that is not working out for you?

well I got my first from Kospet site directly september 2021.well I use it as a medical device so the only thing it has to do is reciving readings via bluetooth. but somehoit don’t manage other stuff. like the loading connector(very bad). they have also software problem. the calender in german is wrong (today is 8.08.22 thuesday :wink: )it can’t read contacts from sim card (all 3 couldn’t ). well yes I gaved up with Kospet…

Ok, jolly good :+1: