Kospet optimus 2 charging issue

I strongly advise against mechanically processing the charging contacts. If only because some users have a very “robust” way of scraping something “easily”. With some alcohol and a Q-Tip it is more careful. You may have to repeat it several times. But it also works.

1 Like

Sadly alcohol won’t work on some users, the layer is a mixture of dead cells and corrosion that won’t get out completely with Isopropyl and you will keep getting charging issues from time to time.

A technician could also make it for you if you’re unsure of scraping the pads

I trust you (and me too) to do it carefully. But there are many who are unable to do this.
I still remember with horror that for a (very short time, thank God) some models were delivered with a protective film on the camera lenses. This was actually intended to prevent damage during transport to the customer. This plan didn’t work out: when trying to “carefully” remove this protective film, some people destroyed the camera lenses beyond recognition. Photos of this damage are still among the most gruesome images I have ever had to look at. :wink:

5 Likes

Bought new…when I plug into the pc it connects for a second then disconnects. I am concerned it is more than just the usb connection because when I get to fastboot mode it seems to stay connected.

Don’t worry. You have to install the newest USB drivers on you PC:
-https://mtkusbdriver.com/

3 Likes

Yes @G1NT0N1C :+1:
I have the same opinion now.
I had issues with Win 10 and charging - until I installed the drivers.
Definitely worth trying and remember to disable driver signing while installing the drivers because they are not signed by Microsoft.
Using a phone charger gets around this but it’s better to have the PC relationship working correctly.

2 Likes

These were recently installed as the watch is very new…tried anyway…no dice, exactly the same.

@joesnose
You installed these MTK drivers already?
Which version of Windows are you using?
Did you disable driver signing requirement?

Sorry for all the questions, but it is important to know.
It can be confirmed by opening device manager on Windows and connect to the watch while it is powered off.

You should see a com port appear for a few seconds and then go away again.

mtk drivers were already installed.
Windows 11
Driver signing disabled
Com port shows up for a second.

When watch is on I get usb connection for a moment before it disconnects…but strangely if I time things right and boot to bootloader it seems to hold connection and accepts fastboot commands without issue.

The driver is working correctly.
What are you using fastboot command for?
What are you trying to achieve?

I guess most importantly, you haven’t patched the boot image have you?

Yes I have…magisk. do you think that could be the culprit? Twrp also…

I mean both are installed.

Almost certainly, yep.
Try flashing the stock firmware again and you should see normal charging.
Patching the boot image causes issues with some models.
The original Optimus Pro was the same…

Well that is a shame…is that also for the FAW firmware?

Have you tested it to confirm it is the issue?

No was at work…Will give it a go.

1 Like

Thanks, I will be interested to hear from you about this.
It’s fairly easy to switch back to the stock recovery and boot images, but if you disabled vbmeta and DM verity, it may be easier to take a twrp backup and then flash the stock firmware.

Hi Pablo…at first I was just flashing the stock boot.img but finally decided on a full fstock flash…haven’t relocked the bootloader yet.

New usb cable came in the post today and I am able to get constant usb connection …which is nice…however…magisk patched or stock my watch charges under 1% in ten mins…by my reckoning that’s at least 16 hours to charge!!! This doesn’t seem right…since I have had it I haven’t managed to get to 100% lol

Edit…it changes at 5% an hour…that’s 20 hours till full charge…is it only me?

So I have purchased me one of these Meters…everything I plug into it draws around .5 amp where as my watch draws just .1 is this normal for this watch or is mine faulty?

Thanks.

I don’t have an Opitmus 2 but am currently using two watches. My Gensis charges at about .450 amp rate and my Lem 10 charges at about .325 amps. This would indicate to me that unless you have a faulty connection the charging circut in the watch is malfunctioning. The variance in charge rates of my watches is most likely due to battery capacity differences.