Is their Any Android Smartwatch with ECG+PPG function?

Hello!
I’m just found a few smartwatches with ECG+PPG function, but they are not android watches.
the watches are N58 smartwatchNewwear Q13Bakeey H9

Nov 4, 2018 14:53:14 GMT 1 mmouad1996 said:
Hello! Is their Any Android Smartwatch with ECG+PPG function? I'm just found a few smartwatches with ECG+PPG function, but they are not android watches. the watches are N58 smartwatchNewwear Q13Bakeey H9

i do'nt think so HR you can track with the the build in sensor but also use apps that use chest strap or the camera.

what is PPG?

Nov 4, 2018 15:26:48 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Nov 4, 2018 14:53:14 GMT 1 mmouad1996 said:
Hello!
I’m just found a few smartwatches with ECG+PPG function, but they are not android watches.
the watches are N58 smartwatchNewwear Q13Bakeey H9

i do’nt think so HR you can track with the the build in sensor but also use apps that use chest strap or the camera.

what is PPG?

PPG is Photo Plethysmography (PPG)

My fitness bands, the T-6 and R11 both have this feature. They basically measure your heart rate and electrical signal via the electrodes built into the watch. You then get a 1 channel readout in graph form that looks like the EKG printout your doctor gets when they perform an EKG. I took one of my printouts to my Doctor and she compared it to my last EKG and said they were nearly identical just looking at them. She did not compare the actual measurements as when analyzing the readings. The chart on your phone can be printed, emailed etc. To measure there are two electrodes on the back of the watch and you place your finger on the front electrode, the metal button. It measures the electrical pulses to your heart and compares it with the pulse sensor (Heart Rate Monitor). It measures the time difference between the peak of the two sensors,using them to arrive at your BP reading. It is important that you do not make contact with the arm, the band is on. Thats why I prefer these bands to the ones that have the front electrode on the side of the watch, where it is harder to keep from making contact with your arm.

1568.jpg

Also NOT for FAW,as soon many apps and other.
FAW is big disappointment.
Ronald

Unless someone wants to donate many thousands of dollars to the manufacturers to take such a huge financial risk by adding the correct sensors and getting medical certification (not worth bothering for fake stats which 99% of the others have) it’s not going to happen.
Such a big investment would scare any manufacturer.

For example, take the Optimus 2.
A great watch with A10, ground breaking camera tech (which at the time seemed to be what was needed), lots of storage and RAM.
The investment was a huge amount of money in R&D and component costs.
Sales started and the market response was terrible :frowning:
This almost bankrupt Kospet after selling only about a quarter of the stock that was made.
Obviously that was a harsh lesson for them and there has been no further Android watch from them since.

This is one of the many reasons why manufacturers don’t want to make FA watches any more. Customers want all the new features and the latest Android version - all for less than $200 USD :thinking:

It is indeed such a disappointment when your company is on the brink of destruction after failed sales.

I suspect that many here don’t realise that when a new device is made, the brand has to pay up front for it and make a minimum order quantity of at least 1000 pieces.
If they can’t sell them - it’s their money - all gone.
We are talking 100s of thousands of dollars depending on the device.
Anything that would need to sell for more than $175 USD scares the Hell out the Brands.
We hear all the time how people would pay more for a more feature rich, up to date device.
But the reality is that these people probably add up to around 200 or 300, world wide.
Everyone else would be reluctant to spend spend $200 or more USD on an Android watch that they have never heard of.
With this in mind, how is it possible to make an expensive device when there is no possibility of recovering costs, let alone profit.
That’s $40,000 - $60,000 USD return for something that has cost maybe $95,000 USD (at least) to produce the first 500 samples :frowning:
The rest would have to be sold at less than cost, over a very long time.
We should all think about that for a minute.

However, we intend to test the market in the near future and get an idea what people are really prepared to pay for a high quality, updated product.
Worldwide - not just the US or UK or EU.

If we want this market to survive, we have to “keep it real” and consider what a realistic price would look like.

Anyway, rant over.

Cheers

5 Likes

Well said Pete. Hopefully this will make people understand a little more of whats happening in the real world :+1:

1 Like

I think it about how people use the watch. For now a day smart watch still not the first priority gadget for living, it’s smartphone. So people don’t wanna pay double for 1 smartphone and 1 watch that can do as smartphone but with smaller screen. For me, I start to buy FAW cuz I not use smartphone, but tablet for comunity and working, so I find something like the smallest smartphone to carrywith my tablet. And that it, I end here with FAW

No problem.
Everyone has an opinion of course.
I was responding to a particular comment :+1:

1 Like

i have been wearing smartwatches since the first samsung…went thru all the brands, software-platforms and models…
i love the build quality and durability of the major brands (i still have my samsung watch 5 pro lte), but they are lacking in software-compatibility…i have maybe 4 useable apps on my Galaxy watch…
The strenght of the FAW is the compatibility and useability of the apps wich are so familiar to usfrom our phones…

I love the fact that i can watch my home security, open my garage-door, use whatsapp,facebook,messenger,etc…all from my watch using the apps i am familiar with…

i would gladly pay 500€ for a FAW that has all the features i want (long battery-life, squarisch screen,good build quality,…)instead of having a 350€ galaxy watch that’s for 80% useless for my needs…

i hope the full android watches keep on coming, better and stronger then ever…

5 Likes

Well said :+1:

1 Like