International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

Good news! Thank you for the feedback! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

1 Like

Great news . Thankyou for the feedback

1 Like

I will take the time and flash it this weekend

1 Like

I understand what you mean, if this project is going to be canceled we will prepare a stock rom ota package, that will allow you to flash back to the original V1.4 firmware.

1 Like

I sincerely hope that the international FAW project will not be canceled. At the moment I would never go back to the stock version. I wanted to expose my experience to those who had doubts about this firmware: google services work perfectly, the weather app finally has no problems, much clearer menus and settings, double tap to wake up the smartwatch, improved battery life, address book, messages and file manager are now clearer and easier to manage, the apps I downloaded work fine. The only flaw (as I said in some comments) are video calls, but luckily for me they are not a big problem. Guys don’t give up, a huge step forward has been made, keep it up :muscle:

5 Likes

Developers say numbers of feedback is important, so I post this. I hope it helps.

Now I’m using “FAW-PRIME2-V1.0” for 2days. It will need long time to find problems about the FAW firmware, but I can feedback no-problem things now.

Feedbacks

1. Macro tool “Automate” works completely. Dialog clash is happen in stok firmware. So I can use all feature (in my cace) of the macro tool. I feel happy.

2. (Unless Its my fault) I guess “rise on screen” in display setting don’t work. In “wiite.home”, the button of “screen on rising” work.

3. Auto update of “com.android.watchweather” works completely with SIM card. But I think the feature don’t work with Wifi.

4. KP2 gets the longer battery life than Kospet Prime1. I think stok firmware of KP2 has a problem of wasting power in bluetooth. So I used KP2 without BT, but now I can use the BT.

BR

3 Likes

@111106 this is how to use the weather without a sim

Thank you for reply. I will try it! Thank you.

Hello everybody. I just received my Prime2 and looking at current version of installed firmware i have D09_KOSPET_PRIME2_V2.0_20210505…is this version compatible with your firmware? I’m askin because everybody here talking about 1.4 version as base to start updating from… so i’m not sure if this is OK…Tank you vary much.

It is ok to use the legacy update zip.
It will work on any version of the stock firmware.
It used to be a problem with different versions of the stock firmware but as long as you use the legacy.zip it is fine.
Just copy it, don’t extract anything and use the update app on the watch.
Follow the instructions in the first post of this thread. It

This is what you need.

1 Like

FAW v1.1 available in the top post.
Please read the post before using it.
It is actually important.
You can’t flash this new FAW v1.1 on stock firmware - for example.

4 Likes

Good day to the admins, moderators and staffs of this webpage.
I have just upgraded my firmware from stock KP2 V2.1
to FAW’s.
My build no. now is FAW-PRIME2-V1.0

Special thanks to the leader @pablo11, moderators @Dr_Andy_Vishnu and @noidremained for your valuable and unselfish assistance.
You are helping many specially like me who is not a techie.
Please continue this project.

3 Likes

Thats very kind of you to say :+1:

1 Like

Thank you Pablo. I just finished updating watch and for now all seams to be Borking OK.
If experience any issues ill report. Thank you vary much on this update and your hard work on this project.

Update completed :muscle:

Update completed! :slight_smile:

Here is a excerpt of the current release / upcoming release changes:

• camera orientation is set to ‘selfie mode’ by default (Prime2 only).
  • fixed a discrepancy with the wrist gesture settings.
  • improved the keyboard input text layout.
  • significantly reduced boot time on the initial setup.
  • slightly increased the max. allowed charging current.
  • removed the ‘charging indicator’ app; it caused the undismissable overlay if the battery saver was enabled.
3 Likes

I assume you mean the night light setting?
That should be possible to add it to display settings on the next release.

1 Like

hi guys…i cannot see the trees thru the forest anymore…this has become impossible to find the right way to upgrade my watch, thus this question…

i want to upgrade my replacement prime 2 tot the newest version of your aweson software…

the watch is at this time on v2.0_20210505

can you give me a link to your latest upgrade firmware?

can you confirm it will work with the upgrade method described on top (putting zip file on watch, selecting local upgrade, etc…)

sorry for the i think 1000th time same question, but the forum has become so cluttered it has become impossible to find something… people have to understand when they have a new topic, they should start a new topic, and not continue in a already excisting topic…