International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

First post updated
Please read.

1 Like

If you are coming from a previous FAW version then factory reset is optional.
However - any issues at all means factory reset before asking about a potential problem.
After many years of working with these devices - I ALWAYS factory reset after an OTA - but that is my choice.

2 Likes

Changelogs will be coming in the next update - this version basically corrects the naming convention.

2 Likes

Regarding version 9.196.1 I noticed that battery life for my usage is better when in airplane mode with wifi enabled only. I was trying to force 3G but for some reason the watch was using 4G only. Switching to 2G is working although battery life is not as good as in airplane mode with wifi. Currently I also got a message regarding the overheating the battery during charging as on the attached photo

Quite a message there, “Please remove the battery”. How many will have the skills to do that and what about warranty…

1 Like

That is just a generic user warning from a time where batteries were actually replaceable.
But now this app can be considered as legacy (and will be removed), it just warns the user if the battery charging is on halt because a certain temperature threshold was reached.

This is working as intended and can sometimes happen if the thermal strain is high on the system.

Just as an additional note:
Battery overheating is very unlikely, if a certain threshold is reached it will first stop the charging process, then throttles the system and if this doesn’t mitigate the situation it will just power off until the battery is cooled down.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Installed v1.1 and factory reset (up from v1.0) yesterday, all went smooth and working nice. Display format switch in power menu is now named ‘Scale’ which is much better, and Danish translation of that is more understandable, thanks.

1 Like

Update done yesterday. Everything ok :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Hi all

First off really sorry to ask this but im confused
Im on the official 2.1 firmware so what do i need to flash to get to the latest FAW ?

I think i need to flash the FAW-Prime2V1.0_Legacy first and after a full reset then i can flash the FAW-Prime2V1.1 is this correct ?

Or from the First post do i install the FAW-Prime2-v1.0 then full reset then flash the FAW-Prime2 1.1

Thanks

both FAW-Prime2V1.0_Legacy and FAW-Prime2-v1.0 should work. so if you have already downloaded FAW-Prime2-v1.0_Legacy, you can go ahead and use that, otherwise I would just use FAW-Prime2-v1.0 since it should be easier to find than FAW-Prime2-v1.0_Legacy

Would it be possible to have user selectable zoom factors for square and round display ?
I have an app which doesn’t fit good in any of them, and I think something in between would be better.

1 Like

Good point! The same happens to me with some app. It could be put a field in the options where you choose the size of the square window by a factor 1, 1.5, 2… At each increment the size of the corner cut surface would be larger. But I am afraid it is not easy to do

Actually, come to think of it, it would be perfect with an app, like the rotation app, where you can set for each app how much zoom you want, and it will switch automagically when you start each app :ok_hand:
But perhaps apps don’t have access to these watch properties…?

1 Like

Sorry. Has the swype to go back been removed in this latest firmware version? It doesn’t work for me.

It works perfectly for me. Are you wearing your watch or holding it with some fingers around the back of the watch ? The touch function isn’t good without skin contact on the back.

V1.1 must be doing well :wink:
Capture

3 Likes

If you can tell me exactly what is needed i might be able to figure something out.

We currently have three factors that can be used to adjust the usability of applications:

• Fontsize.
  • Density.
  • Dimension.

The density is 140 for most apps:

With 160:

And 120:

Dimension (or window size) with round/fullscreen:
round

And square mode:
square

2 Likes

Wow, thank you. I wouldn’t know what it takes, but as you see, this app is either too small or outside screen area:

The app link is:

Perhaps you can better figure it out by trying it :ok_hand:

I have factory reset. Now works :+1: