International Firmware Beta [V1.3] (Optimus2, Prime2, LEM12Pro, LEM14, LEM15)

This looks like a permissions issue at first glance.
Is the app trying to access a sound file that is located in the system or on the storage?

I donā€™t think itā€™s either. I manually gave the app Storage permissions in an attempt to troubleshoot but this did not help (it never asked me for that permission either).

Further info, this issue occurs is when under the ā€œNotification Categoryā€ that comes up when trying to adjust sounds and under menu header of ā€œSoundā€ with text underneath ā€œApp provided soundā€. Some other apps seem to work fine but they show ā€œDefault sound notificationā€ or an already set System sound. Also, this works fine on my other Android devices and when clicked brings up the media manager ā€œSoundā€ selection window and seeing as the ā€œNotification categoryā€ is all system stuff hence my reason for bringing it to your attention. :sunglasses:

Thanks, that is a very helpful log.
The problem is caused by the ringtone manager: Donā€™t crash if the ringtone doesnā€™t have a numerical ID

2 Likes

Updates all builds to V1.2-BETA4.
This is basically a release candidate for the final V1.2, the more major changes will be introduced in the V1.3 Beta version.

3 Likes

@none Ok, thanks for this. :+1: Makes sense. I see itā€™s included in the latest build too. Thanks :grin:

1 Like

Hi,
I just installed S10Pro-1.2B4 over 1.1, and here is what I found:

• Factory reset is mandatory because uppon reboot (no reset yet) ask for the language instead using current configuration, power button not working, the app show com.wiiteer.wear.Mode.lListActivity instead of Assistant.
  • Uppon factory reset, ask for language but no longer for Step app setting (weight, height, male/female)
  • A force backup still not shown in Google Drive (backup from S10Pro-1.1 is there)
  • How do we invoke the Google restore application?
  • About phone label is now ok: S10Pro
  • Battery saver button not intuitive (became white when active, but all other button are white per default). Is it possible to have a minimal clock skin like factory firmware?

That all for now,
Cheer!

1 Like
  • Factory reset is mandatory because uppon reboot (no reset yet) ask for the language instead using current configuration, power button not working, the app show com.wiiteer.wear.Mode.lListActivity instead of Assistant.

Edit:
For the other mentioned points i will look for a workaround.

• Uppon factory reset, ask for language but no longer for Step app setting (weight, height, male/female)

As stated on the changelog:
ā†’ Revised initial setup application.

The other settings can be accessed on the launcher step count overview

• Battery saver button not intuitive (became white when active, but all other button are white per default). Is it possible to have a minimal clock skin like factory firmware?

I agree that the icons are not very expressive, that will be probably changed.
The clockskins/watchfaces should be same as on the default firmware, except for the S10PRO.

Edit:
Here is a conception (might be too subtle):

offon

2 Likes

@none May I suggest:
(Sorry for the pink color, the screen capture of your image did this)

1 Like

LEM15-V1.2-B4 installs fine on APPLLP 4 after first installing LEM15-V1.0 with factory restores between updates and at end. Great work. Thanks.

2 Likes

I added BETA4 ā€˜refreshā€™ builds to the original post with some different smaller fixes.

3 Likes

Thanks @none
I know that people are not happy with making factory resets - but remember, if you want to be sure that everything is going to work as expected - it is the better way to go.

4 Likes

Awesome @none - thanks.
Good work @joojoobee666 - makes sense and I didnā€™t have a chance to check it out as I was at work.

You work for a living!? Good god, man, all of us here thought you did nothing but help us on this forum!

3 Likes

Hi,
Maybe itā€™s because I didnā€™t factory reset after installing B4+ over B4, but the wake on lift seem less responsive. It can take up to 3-4 sec before the screen turn on.

Yep.
Factory reset is required for beta testing.
Once the final version is released it may not be required.

2 Likes

Hi,
Factory reset done! (I thought the 4B+ update was only cosmetic).

• Lift to wake is now responsive (sorry for false report)
  • Backup is now present in Google drive . Still havenā€™t found a way to restore the backup (could be useful after a factory reset! :crazy_face:). I try the Google One app, but it show the same backup page as the one found in the Android settings.

Just loaded 4B+ from 2B. Sorry, I skipped 3B.

Was screen sensitivity touched at all? It seems double tap is not as responsive as it was in B2? Maybe itā€™s my imagination?

Also, I had to update Google Play manually. Version 23ā€¦ was included in B4+ when most current is version 26ā€¦ By design?

Also, I know someone requested that the Battery Saver be included in the Power Menu but itā€™s pretty annoying, IMHO, to have to scroll on that menu of all menus. Iā€™ve never used the Battery Saver so, for me, I donā€™t get it being included. Can someone help me understand what I am missing by not using this function?

@pablo11 , @none and Wiiteer, thank you for your continued work to make the best user experience possible. This is years ahead of where we were in 7.1.1. And, I only know FAW for my 12 pro and it just keeps getting better. Simply brilliant! Cheers!!

About the double tapā€¦did you factory reset after updating? If not itā€™s probably a good idea.

The power saving switch is an idea to offer people quick and easy access to power saving.

Thatā€™s why it is Betaā€¦ To find out if it is a good idea or not :+1:

Yes I definitely reset after update. My double tap comment was more of a question as I noticed a harder screen tap was required during set up after update.

Since I havenā€™t used the battery saver mode, including the button is more form than function for me. Maybe the font can be reduced so all items fit without scrolling? Or, rearranged like the quick settings pull down menu?

I understand what you mean, and on the other side we have people who want the bigger icons so that they are easy to seeā€¦

This is always the challenge - finding a balance that keeps everyone happy :sweat_smile: