International firmware - update from SD Card (No FlashTools) - for KOSPET Prime 2 updated 2021.06.26

Its better to use english
Haha​:+1:t2::wink:

1 Like

This https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OuDNEszvQeNg-fsP6v0XZ2VV-OyKicU9 update works as OTA/zip and after upgrade shows alps-mp-q0.mp1-V9.196.1. Big kudos for you. :bowing_man: :+1:

1 Like

Could the square/round button be called one of:

“Square/Round”
“Display ratio”
“Screen ratio”

I like the ratio ones most.

You can install “hidden settings” app and it’s in system but hidden. Night Light (Settings$NightDisplaySettings) and Settings ($Settings$NightDisplaySuggestion)

1 Like

I can confirm that now vibration alerts work as in stock firmware.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback, we will have a look at this @Dotsfar. As long as it doesn’t break something else - it should be ok.

On a serious note, we are bound by the brands and the solution provider to a large extent.
So we run it past them first if it is a change but mostly they are very flexible.

We must remember that this is not a “custom rom”
This is a collaboration and an exploration into the software requirements of watch users around the world.

Speaking honestly, I am a little surprised by the very low take up in the testing and I think it goes to show that the guys in China seem to be right…
After a long time persuading them that customers need more flexibility in the Google space and more security to pave the way for NFC - it seems we were wrong.

If interest in this project does not improve - it will most likely be shut down, sadly :pensive:

Maybe we were too late, or something… I don’t know.

People are obviously not as concerned about the firmware as we thought.
Or we are too late in the game to make a difference…?

We are trying to cover as many devices as possible in this project, but still the interest is way below the expectation.

I guess we just wait and see.

1 Like

Perhaps you need to be more specific, what kind of feedback you need, and what we should test, or is it the number of people getting involved with the testing which isn’t sufficient ?

I am sure many of us would like to help, but e.g. I have only looked for user experience issues. Perhaps I need to do some specific tests/feedback ?

1 Like

Maybe people doesn’t use this watch on a daily basis as although advertised as a smartwatch with biggest battery it can only last one day with very limited connectivity options. Comparing with a smartfon with twice as big battery (3000mAh) that can last up to 18h talk time it’s rather unachievable for this smartwatch to last 8h talking. Although new firmware shows that there is a room for improvement :wink:

1 Like

@Dotsfar sorry, a misunderstanding I think.
Feedback is great and is much appreciated.

The issue is that not many people have actually tried it.

For example, if the brand is going to seriously consider pushing out an OTA officially - there would need to be hundreds of people interested…
This is what I was referring to.
Sorry for the confusion :handshake::handshake:

@pawgol yes, that’s also a distinct possibility and that is why we also targeted the LEM 12 pro and the LEM 14.

1 Like

Is the main problem that people don’t want to try it or could it be that there’s just not a lot of people that knows about it?

2 Likes

If people knew that with this firmware the battery improves dramatically they would try it for sure. If I buy Kospet or Lemfo I need to know from the start that there is a support community. Instead I think that many people at the first difficulty either sell it or put it in the drawer. Pablo don’t give up :muscle:

4 Likes

Yes, indeed. I told one about it on Facebook, and he jumped right here and loaded it and was very happy with the results.

So another part is that some may load it and be happy and never let hear from them…

3 Likes

I had a very strange experience yesterday, after loading the newest ZIP. I installed Gmail and some other apps. Gmail started notifying me about random old emails, as if they were new arrivals. I never had this before, and even though I have Gmail on my other devices, they did not notify about anything other than new mail arrivals :thinking:

I am installing gmail and checking if the same thing happens to me

I have had a similar experience as well.
I think it is just a behaviour when the Gmail client is installed on a new device.
It is frustrating behaviour :pensive:

Yes, same as with product ratings. Those who aree happy never write a review. Only those who are unhappy submit their rants.
Stick to it @pablo11 . It´s a huge step ahead.
In order to review the real success maybe you can see the download count?

3 Likes

I state that after installing the new zip I did not perform the factory data reset. However at the moment I have no problems whatsoever. I just installed Gmail and no old mail notifications arrived. But as Pablo says, it can happen. It happened to me with some smartphones.

I install it on every device, but it never before happened to me…

@Kospetp2 It happened randomly over the hours after installation, not right away, so you won’t know until some hours have passed.

1 Like

Ok, then if it happens I let it know :+1:

Firstly, thank you to the Admins and staffs for approving/accepting my registration.
I received my KOSPET PRIME 2 with V2.0 if I remember it right. Then few days later, there was release of wireless update - so I updated and mine now is DO9_KOSPET_PRIME2_V2.1_20210517.
I want to update with what is being presented here (Android 10 firmware -FAW style).
I am a newbie and non-techie.
Kindly advise how would I proceed.
Should I go direct using “full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1v91961.zip”
or
Should I first flash (I am sorry if that is the correct term to use, kindly correct if wrong) with
“PAW-PRIME2-V1.0_new.zip” before updating to “full_XY_D09_TFT_LFLT-ota-mp1v91961.zip”
I am confused because there is also mention of another file “DO9_KOSPET_PRIME2_V1.4_20201031”.
Sorry for my ignorance, I backread hoping I could understand and execute myself but being newbie and not techie, it is hard for me.
I LOVE THE WATCH VERY MUCH BUT BATTERY IS DRAINING TOO FAST. ANY IMPROVEMENT TO THE PERFORMANCE IS MUCH WELCOME.
I hope you can help me and would appreciate very much your valuable assistance.
Thank you in advance !!!