I got "rufus cuff" which is i believe lemt repackage but need help figuring out the right firmware to use

Thanks Jon :+1::+1:

I would not be happy to distribute the firmware on Facebook because ultimately Rufus Cuffs may not be happy with this.
It is fine to tell your group about this website though and they can visit if they need to.
It is important to respect the company and the only reason that I can access these things is because we have a partnership with the solution provider that makes the main board and the firmware.
So I would appreciate it if you did not distribute it, but I obviously cannot prevent it from happening - this is the trust we have and if we see the firmware getting distributed it will break that trust.
Equally I will not be offering to help anyone again if this was the case.
So please try to keep this sensible and hopefully I will be able to carry on helping people.
Cheers
Pablo11.

1 Like

1st of all, thank you very much.
2nd, I just saw that there is a V4 for the Rufus Cuffs and I hoped they would post the firmwares on their site but it seems that they donā€™t really care about the consumers who backed up their project on Indiegogo.
The main reason is that I donā€™t have developer options in V3, only USB debugging. So I canā€™t tweak my Rufus Cuffs as I would want to.
I donā€™t want to flash other ROMs like Lemfo or Ticwris because I want to use Rufus Cuffs ROMs and there is no OTA for V4 so I thought maybe you have it.

Ofcourse. No problem. I can tell them about the forum but I guess that anyone who would want to replace ROMs on their Rufus Cuffs, will eventually end up here.
NO PAIN NO GAIN :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like we have different Rufus Cuffses ā€¦ The Firmware pablo gave you didnā€™t work on mine but antoher firmware that Pablo gave me, worked on mine.
And I chose to have the developer edition either.
So weird!

you just have to tap the build number a few times

I did it with the rom that came with the Rufus Cuffs
But I think that I didnā€™t check it with this ROM that pablo sent me.
I will get home and check it.
But if there is a new ROM for the Rufus Cuffs, it would be nice to have the opportunity to upgrade.

Ok. I checked it out and yes, I do have all the developer options in V3 ā€¦ weird, I didnā€™t have before that.
Well, I hope that Pablo can get me the latest version of the Rufus Cuffs ROM.
Thanks.

Nope,
V3 is the latest in the W variety.
V4 is for a different screen type and will end up like before.

Thatā€™s not to say that there will not be a V4.
Itā€™s just not been made yet.

It is so weird. So how come another backer of the Rufus Cuffs have V4? what does it mean? That he got another type of Rufus Cuffs?
I am quite sure there wonā€™t be V4.
I donā€™t think that they care enough to do so.
By the way, why does the manufactures use android 7 and not more recent one?

Thanks

It means that they began using a different screen type after they started distributing.
Probably due to a shortage of the first screen.
Trust meā€¦ It happens all the time and is not a conspiracy :grin:

They made the choice of Android type.
No idea why but most probably because that was what they were offered.

Itā€™s just weird why ALL of them yse android 7.
How can it be that they have different screen size?
I mean, between the 1st ones they made and the ones they send, I can get it, (They also sent the original screens to the backers).
But what you say means that all the backers got differents products (or screen sizes), which is weird.

Not sizes.
Different panels made by different manufacturers and requiring different driversā€¦

To be honest, what annoyed me about this whole thing is that you guys backed and waited years - only to be sold the exact same hardware as the LEM Tā€¦

I donā€™t know how much you guys paid for this but itā€™s not ethical in my opinionā€¦

But thatā€™s the way the cookie crumbles I guessā€¦

Well, I paid 239$ which is the early bird with 16GB storage and GB of RAM.
People paid much more, they added rugged cover, paid for 64GB,
I know someone who paid something like 400$ for it with all the additions.
The company updated us with emails, on facebook and indiegogo and they after 2-3 years they just disappeared. Closed their Facebook. Changed their design site designed to enterprises and sent an email a year. saying that they are trying to find investments because they dont have money to produce the product
And then after 7 years. BOOM. they are sending us a branded Lemfo :slight_smile:
Although the specs are more updated then the original ones. still, chinese product.

Pablo, do you which is the latest ROM of the Ticwris I can flash that will be compatible with my Rufus Cuffs? I know V1 is, but didnā€™t find other that fit.

Hey TalWinter

Good to see you here as well as the facebook group. Iā€™m considering flashing the cuff but since youā€™ve had so many issues, I might drop you a DM on facebook if thatā€™s ok? Iā€™ve got the developer edition too and donā€™t want to go through the same difficulties you did.

The guys here are pretty awesome so please donā€™t share the rom with the group on facebook, send them here and they can learn about the device from seasoned players in the game. Followed these guys for about a year since we found out the rufus cuff is just a rebranded LEM T.

Cheers and speak soon

Immy

That version I gave you was the last build.
The latest.
I will keep looking but I doubt we will see any further updates.

There is a 3gb ram and 32gb storage version which is the same rom with a different preloader and screen type.
This might be V4 which does not boot on your device for obvious reasons.
You have 1gb + 16 gb configurationā€¦

I have 3 + 32 not 1 + 16 :slight_smile:

Ok, so I guess it is just the other way around or just the screen is different?
Who knowsā€¦
We donā€™t officially support these particular devices so I am doing my best.
As far the latest versionā€¦my previous statement stands.
The W variety is at v3.

2 Likes

Thanks mate