I got "rufus cuff" which is i believe lemt repackage but need help figuring out the right firmware to use

Just visit the firmware thread for the LEM T and the ticwris Max and try them.

It would also be possible to flash back to the original firmware as that is posted here as well.

In fact it would help if you have the details of the original firmware.

Hmmmm but itā€™s exactly like Ticwris and Lemfo ā€¦ Bahhhh.
I am trying to flash the latest TICWRIS_MAX_V1.9_20200713_20200712_072642 rom and just stripes. donā€™t know why.

My smartwatch is actually Rufus Cuffs.
I tried to flash a newer version of it (donā€™t know why, but my version was not the latest and update said it was the latest) and then I saw those stripes.
I downloaded and flashes every rom that I found in the Lemfo and Ticwris posts and the same result happend: black and white stripes and I canā€™t see whatā€™s on the screen.
Only when I did a flashing to the Ticwris V1 ROM, I started to see things.

have you tried this one: TICWRIS_MAX_V1.0_20200921W_20200922_011504.zip - Google Drive

flash it with the firmware upgrade mode

1 Like

I did. and this is the only ROM i can flash and see correctly.
I even tried to flash the RC V4 rom with preloader 1st and then the rom itself and I see everything smudged and black and white.

Yes, because of the incorrect screen type.
That is why you have no OTA.
Since issuing the product the screen type has changed.
If they had sent the OTA to your device you would have had problems with the screen - as you have now discovered.
Sadly they have not communicated this to you.

1 Like

But that is so weird because I have a Rufus Cuffs and the ROM is FOR Rufus Cuffs. I just donā€™t understand the P and D types.
I mean, the screen size of the Rufus Cuffs is different than Ticwris or Lemfo.

1 Like

The drivers for the screens are different because the screen is made by a different manufacturer.
They look exactly the same but the actual hardware is slightly different.

I think that I understood it the 1st time you said it :rofl:
I just donā€™t understand when I flash the Rufus Cuffs ROM, the same one that came with the Rufus Cuffs itself, It doesnā€™t work well and I see this screen problem.
But only when I flash the Ticwris MaxV1 version it works well.
The V1.9 even doesnā€™t work well. So I donā€™t understand what is the main problem here.

Install the version that works. Then go to the settings and look at the exact name of the firmware. In the last place there is a letter, this is the right one for you. You can now flash all versions, including the latest. The prerequisite is that the letter is correct. Because this shows which of the screen types the firmware is intended for.
V1.9 will work also, as long the last Letter is correct.

I understand what you say. There is a P and D roms at the end.
I have those ROMS:
Ticwris Max S
TICWRIS_MAX_S_V1.7_20201104
TICWRIS_MAX_S_V1.8_20201203

Ticwris Max:
TICWRIS_MAX_V1.0_20200921W_20200922_011504
TICWRIS_MAX_V1.9_20200713_20200712_072642

Rufus Cuffs:
RC088_pro_V0.3_20200710_P
RC088_pro_V0.4_20201020_P

I had a Rufus Cuffs V3 on my watch and I wanted to flash to V4.
There isnā€™t any other Rufus Cuffs with another screen so it must be those.

Now when you look on those Ticwris ROMs:
This has a W in itā€™s name, maybe it means Wide or something. This is the ONLY rom that works now.
TICWRIS_MAX_V1.0_20200921W_20200922_011504

And this one doesnā€™t have. but both seems like they are for Ticwris Max
TICWRIS_MAX_V1.9_20200713_20200712_072642

So what the hell is going on? :slight_smile:

Ok thanks.
So, sorry if it is frustrating but there are now 5 different screen types that use different drivers.

Can you please confirm the exact details of your original firmware, including any letter that may have been on the very end of the firmware version?

Please remember that if you use Download Only option in the flash tool you can get errors if the pre loader is different.
However, if you have any doubts at all about what the original firmware version is - this is the safest way.

If you are 100% certain that you know which version you had in the first place, you can use the firmware upgrade option in the flash tool.
This will rule out any pre loaded issues but you need to be sure.

The good news is that MTK solutions are extremely hard to brick.
So even if you get it wrong - you can flash another version using the firmware upgrade option and this will bring it back.

So you had v3ā€¦?
Ok, let me check if there are any different types of v3 firmware.

Cheers.

1 Like

I believe this version might help - with the ā€œwā€ screen

OH MAN!
You are the KING!!!
Send me a link for PayPal to send you a donation!!! :slight_smile:
Where do you find those ROMs???
I guess that the W version if for the consumer version of Rufus Cuffs and then they changed it to P which is probably the other versions of the Rufus Cuffs.
Waited just 7 years fo that chinese version :slight_smile:
Do you have a newer rom there? because I saw that there is V4 in other Rufus Cuffs.
And, another question: I am in a Rufus Cuffs Supporters group in Facebook where we share thoughts and data between outselves about the Rufus Cuffs.
Can I share the ROM that you gave me there?

Thanks man!!!

And this is the ROM version that someone sent me on his Rufus Cuffs.
I requested the developer edition so maybe I had another rom.

Its easy to donate. At the top left of the home page click on the donate icon. Make it a recurring donation while your at it. Thanks

donate

2 Likes

But if I want to donate to Pablo? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m sure heā€™ll tell you the sameā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very happy to help you :ok_hand:

I can get the engineering build as well if you need it but unless you have a specific reason for needing it - donā€™t bother.

It is far better to use a magisk patched boot image and I would expect the LEM T twrp recovery to work with it (already posted in the forum)

As far as the PayPal link is concerned @G1NT0N1C is right.
I donā€™t receive any personal donations.
Any and all donations to me go to the forum so please use the link at the top of the forum and thank you, it is much appreciated :+1::+1:

1 Like