I can not flash KW88 with SP Flash Tool

After the first start i updated my KW88 OTA. After that update the watch is normaly booting but after a few seconds there comes an error screen. Here you can watch the video ( 

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

).

I can not access the “Settings” anymore. When i try to flash a new firmware with SP Flash Tool. Everything looks perfect, but the clock is starting as before!!! All the drivers are installed (Windows 7 PRO 64 bit) correct. There is no error message during the flash process but the clock starts as before without any change!! I try this in 3 different PCs!! 

Because i can not access the “Settings” after booting i can not change the developer options (usb debug, and so on).

Any help?  

Jul 10, 2017 9:41:44 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:

did you flash the stock rom or an update? 

yea u must of flashed a wrong rom or false update…

I tried 3 different room. The problem is that i can not see the installed rom version, because i can not access “Settings”. Is there no way to install a new rom?

Jul 11, 2017 8:29:04 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
I tried 3 different room. The problem is that i can not see the installed rom version, because i can not access "Settings". Is there no way to install a new rom?

you can't just flash stuff without knowing if you doing the right thing. if you not flashing the right rom for your watch and unmark the preloader that what causes the problem. disconnet the battery and flash the stock rom that IS FOR YOUR MODEL WATCH and not anything else not sure it will fix the problem but try it first and report then we see how to fix your problem.

I can not flash any room for the KW88 Smartwatch. In SP Flash Toll everything looks fine, no errors. When i connect the watch after pressing “Download”, flashing starts fine. I get the “Download OK” Screen, disconnect the watch and restart it. After the watch has started everythig is like before!!
I wonder that flashing only takes about 40 sec. . I think it should take much longer!!

Jul 12, 2017 12:20:15 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
I can not flash any room for the KW88 Smartwatch. In SP Flash Toll everything looks fine, no errors. When i connect the watch after pressing "Download", flashing starts fine. I get the "Download OK" Screen, disconnect the watch and restart it. After the watch has started everythig is like before!! I wonder that flashing only takes about 40 sec. . I think it should take much longer!!

can you tell me which roms did you flash on the watch?

I tried these roms:

1. KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20161124.zip
  2. KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20170518(SDK).zip
Jul 13, 2017 8:50:28 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
I tried these roms: 1. KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20161124.zip 2. KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20170518(SDK).zip

are you sure you took them from kw99 firmware thread? i do'nt see this dates. i'll see how you can unbrick your watch but can't promise it will work.

I tried today 6 other roms. All the same. It is not possible to flash any rom!!

Jul 13, 2017 11:38:25 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
I tried today 6 other roms. All the same. It is not possible to flash any rom!!

again, you can't flash any rom without making sure it suits YOUR watch!  do you have a 4gb storage or 8gb storage? 

I bought this one:
KingWear KW88 3G Smartwatch Phone - BLACK 187771601
Android 5.1 1.39 inch Amoled Screen MTK6580 Quad Core 1.39GHz 512MB RAM 4GB ROM GPS Gravity Sensor Pedometer Bluetooth 4.0

www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_397745.html

Where can i find the right rom?
Thanks for your help.

Jul 16, 2017 8:41:16 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
I bought this one: KingWear KW88 3G Smartwatch Phone - BLACK 187771601 Android 5.1 1.39 inch Amoled Screen MTK6580 Quad Core 1.39GHz 512MB RAM 4GB ROM GPS Gravity Sensor Pedometer Bluetooth 4.0

www.gearbest.com/smart-watch-phone/pp_397745.html

Where can i find the right rom?
Thanks for your help.

let me check…

edit:

1. you need the kw88 2016 firmware: KW88 20161215 this is the date rom you need  goo.gl/KV3jL7
  2. download the rom to your pc. in sp flash tool make sure everything is marked including preloader.
  3. choose firmware upgrade and NOT download only.
  4. click on download make sure the watch is off and connect to pc and flashing will start.

Thanks for your help but it is still not working. First i can not select “firmware upgrade” when i deselect “preloader” . The tool automatic changes to “download only”. But also when i not deselect “preloader” and choose “firmware upgrade” flashing is not working. When i start the watch after flashing, everything is like before. No changes!! I tried all this with your postet firmware KW88_20161215.

Is the no way to reset the watch with a recovery?

Jul 16, 2017 19:07:50 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
Thanks for your help but it is still not working. First i can not select "firmware upgrade" when i deselect "preloader" . The tool automatic changes to "download only". But also when i not deselect "preloader" and choose "firmware upgrade" flashing is not working. When i start the watch after flashing, everything is like before. No changes!! I tried all this with your postet firmware KW88_20161215.

Is the no way to reset the watch with a recovery?

preloader SHOULD be marked and not unmarked you have to choose it and then firmware upgrade.

Yes, i tried this also. But it´s still not working. Flashing looks ok in SP Flachtool but after turning the clock on, everything is as before. No Changes!!

I did that also! No changes after reboot! SP Flashtool shows that everything is OK. I tried also the “Memory Test” in SP Flashtool. That woks. So SP Flashtool and the installed Drivers or working with no errors. It seems there is no way to flash the KW88 at all!
Any other ideas?

did you get a solution to your problem ? i seem to be having the same problem. even after flashing everything seems to be the same when i power on…

Good day guys.

I have a KW88 with this firmware: KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20171111. OTA upgrade doesn’t find any newer FW, but on Kingwear’s website (https://www.king-wear.com/support/download) I found this: KW88_CS1_B_GSM_PHT_20180525, that I suppose it’s newer than actual one. I downloaded SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1804_Win but I cant select any scatter file: the included file MT6580_Android_scatter.txt gives an error saying “ROM[logo] checksum mismatch etc…”.

This is the first time I try to flash an Android watch, maybe I’m doing something wrong. Can someone tell me the passages to correctly flash the watch? Thank you.

Jul 17, 2017 7:04:13 GMT 1 hanzfranz said:
Yes, i tried this also. But it´s still not working. Flashing looks ok in SP Flachtool but after turning the clock on, everything is as before. No Changes!!

Feb 8, 2018 3:46:35 GMT 1 vaidy said:
did you get a solution to your problem ? i seem to be having the same problem. even after flashing everything seems to be the same when i power on...

ok, seems to me that you did something wrong, which firmware did you choose? what did you choose on sp f.tool? upgrade or download?

i need info to know how to help.