HOW-TO: TWRP and latest boot.img on X3+/D5+/X5+ & others

*** ATTENTION: Before reading you MUST be conscious that the reported procedure, though was verified many times by me, could lead you to face troubles with your watch. I’m not responsible for any issue, follow it at your own exclusive risk ***

The following prcedure was tested by me and it works on the following models:

• Finow X1+/X3+/X5+
  • NO.1 D5+
  • Lemfo LEM5/LES1

As you already know if you have the TWRP on one of the above mentioned smartwatches, flashing patched boot.img togheter with the TWRP recovery.img is mandatory to avoid that the custom recovery is overwritten by the system soon after the first reboot.
BUT, if you have the latest firmware already on your watch, having an “old” boot.img on a newer system is not recommended at all.

So, to overcome this issue, you have to follow these steps to have both the TWRP recovery and the latest boot.img on your watch:

1- Flash the TWRP recovery and the patched boot.img as suggested in my TWRP release post. 
2- After the first reboot, issue the “adb reboot recovery” command to enter the TWRP recovery menu
3- Go to the “Mount” menu and select mounting of the System partition in r/w mode
4- Go to “Files” menu, locate the file “/system/bin/install-recovery.sh” and rename/delete it
5- Go to Reboot menu and power off the watch
6- Now flash ONLY the boot.img from your current firmware version, reboot and you have finished.

If you didn’t clearly understand one step or even one word here used, DON’T do anything, sorry this procedure is not for you.

Instruction clear and confirmed on D5+, now it’s time for superSU and XPosed.
I’d only link it to the main article with patched boot.img /thread/27/twrp-tools-root-pack

Also to official firmware for D5+ to perform boot.img swap : en.001phone.cn/download-53.html

Mar 31, 2017 19:48:53 GMT 1 gregoo said:
Instruction clear and confirmed on D5+, now it's time for superSU and XPosed. I'd only link it to the main article with patched boot.img /thread/27/twrp-tools-root-pack

Also to official firmware for D5+ to perform boot.img swap : en.001phone.cn/download-53.html

We are getting there. We have a lot of work to do

I am done with root & xposed
I have also extracted WatchHelper from D6 firmware and swapped with original on D5 (in /system/priv-app/BluetoothSocketMonitor) because I like new funFit app from no.1, but guess what it is not working

Let me ask you, advanced users, to give us, beginners, a list of xposed modules worth installing? I’d like to modify gui a bit and add some cool and helping features (if there are any worth to be installed

)

Apr 1, 2017 10:02:58 GMT 1 gregoo said:

I have also extracted WatchHelper from D6 firmware and swapped with original on D5 (in /system/priv-app/BluetoothSocketMonitor) because I like new funFit app from no.1, but guess what it is not working

Let me ask you, advanced users, to give us, beginners, a list of xposed modules worth installing? I’d like to modify gui a bit and add some cool and helping features (if there are any worth to be installed

)

Did you set permissions in there ? has to be rw-r-r
Has to be set with system mounted r/w on the app file itself.

Apr 1, 2017 10:02:58 GMT 1 gregoo said:

)

Did you set permissions in there ? has to be rw-r-r
Has to be set with system mounted r/w on the app file itself.

yes I did that, but I think there are some other files somewhere else not just this two files I swapped (apk and odex) . This app was displayed in main d5+ menu (blue instead of orange icon) but when i tried to launch it throw error and immediately shuts down. I really like this stock app (but d6 looks nicer), I tried with m2d, but I am not 100% sure whether my data is not stored somewhere else  , and also one thing that makes me mad about m2d is that there is some kind of message counter (it counts every single pushed information) and as soon as it reached somewhere above 2000 pushed informations it stucks and not push any more messages... that is a pity because functionality of m2d is really impressive.
Apr 6, 2017 21:15:47 GMT 1 gregoo said:

. This app was displayed in main d5+ menu (blue instead of orange icon) but when i tried to launch it throw error and immediately shuts down.
I really like this stock app (but d6 looks nicer), I tried with m2d, but I am not 100% sure whether my data is not stored somewhere else

, and also one thing that makes me mad about m2d is that there is some kind of message counter (it counts every single pushed information) and as soon as it reached somewhere above 2000 pushed informations it stucks and not push any more messages… that is a pity because functionality of m2d is really impressive.

By the way grab modified version of stock Watch Helper I prepared. This is 100% original version from No.1 site but without this awful sound when link is lost

. Visual notification is left, but no more annoying sound on your cell… smartphone 

goo.gl/CkUWvv

Hello,

There is no TWRP for D5+ w613 so I guess that there is no way to root this SW in some other way?

//EDIT

Ok, I make it with KingoRoot.

KingoRoot,Tewelroot, KingRoot do not work on d5+ w613

May 20, 2017 7:02:28 GMT 1 mikebl said:
KingoRoot,Tewelroot, KingRoot do not work on d5+ w613

Try KingoRoot from PC, but be careful. I did factory reset, and now I have bootloop.

//EDIT

I reflashed firmware and SW back to life

//EDIT2 

If you need some help post it there: /thread/348/1-d5-after-root?page=3&scrollTo=8874

Kingoroot for pc works, unfortunately su binary is not installed. And now ?

Reset watch to factory setting and try again. I have the same situation once.

Thank you, unfortunately very much bloadware thereby

Please i need the original Scatter file with original boot for the LES 1 !

i want to set back to the original with SP_Flash_Tool_v5.16.36 because my LES1 hangs in booting picture “balloons”.
i don´t know what i did wrong, but since i tryed to flash,my PC did not connect anymore with my watch so i can´t start in recovery mode.

Now i want to try to set the original scatter with the original boot and twrp

Jun 19, 2017 8:19:52 GMT 1 computerpitti said:

i want to set back to the original with SP_Flash_Tool_v5.16.36 because my LES1 hangs in booting picture “balloons”.
i don´t know what i did wrong, but since i tryed to flash,my PC did not connect anymore with my watch so i can´t start in recovery mode.

Just flash the original FW that you can find in this forum.

/thread/1036/les-1-stock-firmware

Jun 19, 2017 8:49:00 GMT 1 ricktop said:
Jun 19, 2017 8:19:52 GMT 1 computerpitti said:

Just flash the original FW that you can find in this forum.

/thread/1036/les-1-stock-firmware

RICKTOP: you are great!!! I’m so happy, it worked perfect :ok_hand:
Your are welcome!!! :grin:
THANKS

hi, one question plz. where can i download the boot.img of the step 6 to flash it? thanks

Supposedly, you have updated your smartwatch with the latest available firmware before starting the procedure so, depending on what your watch is, you can find the latest firmware for it in this section:
/board/16/factory-firmware-downloads
or in this section too:
/board/12/factory-firmware-downloads

I made the root in the X5 + finow and now I can not undo because I can not leave it in zoom mode the kingroot. Do you have any idea how it disfixes it?