HOW-TO: TWRP and latest boot.img on X3+/D5+/X5+ & others

Flash the latest full firmware.

The TWRP recovery.img attached for those tested smartwatches. What is the chance of it working with the new NO.1 G8?

For the G8, the cpu is a mtk2502… major architecture difference there . . .

The connection of my D5 + (w613) does not work anymore, so this root process does not work for me, I can only communicate PC / D5 + while off, which prevents me from doing adb “reboot recovery” … I posted here too

/thread/1171/d5-w613-modified-boot-img?page=1&scrollTo=14399

I’m sorry for duplicate questions Admin, but I believe that my problem is unique, allow me to spread the forum until I find someone who can help me.

The only thing I have left is Flashtool…

I need a good person who has a w613, who can do a clean installation, do root, make a backup by flashtool and give me the backup to install on my D5 + …

hi im not bad with flashing and rooting my phone and table but it first time on sw so… cant find my i4pro official firmware , ireally want to root and flash twrp but im on ver 01-20171121 if someone can help for a link or tuto please let me know and sorry for bad english in french canadien from montreal lol

Mar 31, 2017 16:08:34 GMT 1 Ciro Danise said:
*** ATTENTION: Before reading you MUST be conscious that the reported procedure, though was verified many times by me, could lead you to face troubles with your watch. I'm not responsible for any issue, follow it at your own exclusive risk *** The following prcedure was tested by me and it works on the following models: - Finow X1+/X3+/X5+ - NO.1 D5+ - Lemfo LEM5/LES1

As you already know if you have the TWRP on one of the above mentioned smartwatches, flashing patched boot.img togheter with the TWRP recovery.img is mandatory to avoid that the custom recovery is overwritten by the system soon after the first reboot.
BUT, if you have the latest firmware already on your watch, having an “old” boot.img on a newer system is not recommended at all.

So, to overcome this issue, you have to follow these steps to have both the TWRP recovery and the latest boot.img on your watch:

1- Flash the TWRP recovery and the patched boot.img as suggested in my TWRP release post. 
2- After the first reboot, issue the “adb reboot recovery” command to enter the TWRP recovery menu
3- Go to the “Mount” menu and select mounting of the System partition in r/w mode
4- Go to “Files” menu, locate the file “/system/bin/install-recovery.sh” and rename/delete it
5- Go to Reboot menu and power off the watch
6- Now flash ONLY the boot.img from your current firmware version, reboot and you have finished.

If you didn’t clearly understand one step or even one word here used, DON’T do anything, sorry this procedure is not for you.

Hi… can you please share the method followed to port TWRP to your watch?

1- Flash the TWRP recovery and the patched boot.img as suggested in my TWRP release post.

Where is this “TWRP release post”, please include a link, I have been surfing around for some time now trying to find it, search function does not really help.

Mar 9, 2018 9:23:56 GMT 1 thijxx said:

Where is this “TWRP release post”, please include a link, I have been surfing around for some time now trying to find it, search function does not really help.

which watch do you have?

Finow X5 Air with MT6580.
I have flashed this now: /thread/1899/lemfo-lem5-stock-fully-working?page=1&scrollTo=20098
Still would like to root the device but most images seem to be for an older version of the watch

Mar 10, 2018 15:24:20 GMT 1 thijxx said:
Finow X5 Air with MT6580. I have flashed this now: /thread/1899/lemfo-lem5-stock-fully-working?page=1&scrollTo=20098 Still would like to root the device but most images seem to be for an older version of the watch

the reason you have'nt found is because our developers have'nt released one yet. what on the site is'nt by us and not sure about it, users says it works perfectly but no guide or instructions. but you can look into other watches instructions to know what to do.

/board/17/custom-roms-support

Hello,

I am looking for custom ROM for both LEM4 and LEM6.
I also searched in xda forum, but didn’t find one.
Is there a custom ROM available ?

Thank you,
ranran

Not yet - but when there is it will be posted here /board/55/open-watch-roms

Is the patched boot img just patched with magisk? Porting twrp for zeblaze thor 4 pro and want to confirm that before i take the risk

Most likely it’s either patched with magisk or by doing as described in this guide: xiaomitips.com/guide/how-to-repack-miui-fastboot-image/