How to root a smartwatch?

We always advise against using kingroot

1 Like

Mod edit:
Please use English.
It’s easier for most people here.
Thanks

1 Like

Post in english here, please. Otherwise I have to delete your post.

1 Like

There are some good and detailed instructions on how to root our watches here in the forum. Even a video on our YouTube channel. We strongly advise against one-click solutions, which in most cases bring unwanted malware to the device.
Read through the instructions in peace. If you do not understand it, do not do it.

1 Like

Ohk .
Thanks for the advice mate :+1::slightly_smiling_face:.
Can you share the video link please ?

I can’t find the video, but here is the link with a detailed discription what to do:

Thanks for the help mate …:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Hi Pablo I just want to know that is this kospet prime S root able with magisk or through any means? Then I want to root my watch? Are there any methods available for spd device kospet prime S?

Are there anyone who have successfully rooted KOSPET PRIME S? Or is it un-rootable completely by any means?

No, it has not been done as you can probably see by looking in this thread.

The main reason why is because root is only possible if preloader is unlocked and even then, only magisk modules might work.
As long as there is no attempt to modify the system partition.

What would you do with root access?
Just curious…

1 Like

Bro If this watch can be rootable then I can adjust the color saturation as well as reduce red and green a little bit through color booster apk which need root also I can increase the black color intensity as well after the last update

Yes - unfortunately - as I said before, if you were lucky enough to gain root access it will only work for Magisk Manager modules.
The problem is - even patching boot can lead to boot-loop. Even if you are using the advanced CANARY Magisk manager for this partition layout.
I’m not going to go into great detail about this, but firmware image integrity is defined by a singed key and a metadata cache. Any modification to most FW images results in boot-looping and flash back to stock FW.
You can research this on the web and see what you think.
There may be ways to get around root but not modifying system image.

If you want to try and get back to earlier FW version, then you should email aftersales@kospet.com and give them the details of your watch.

Rooting is not going to work out on this device - in our experience anyway.

Moving this off topic subject to a root thread.

2 Likes

Pablo!
I needed something cheap to test round watch skins and my choice fell on LZAKMR Z35GT:

I bought the device in a company store on AliExpress and it works very well! I also got a ROM for this watch from the seller, which allowed me to easily get the “root” option - my experience is described HERE.
Regards.

2 Likes

Thanks.
We don’t officially support this model, but it is basically the same board as the LEM15.
It’s the same process for all these A10 devices on the MTK octa core SOC.
Gaining root is not the problem and has been fine for magisk for the last 2 years or more - since the LEM14 hit the market. Problems only come if changes are made to certain images / partitions.

Magisk is great for systemless root and if magisk modules are all you need - it the safest option and should be fine :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Is this worth it??
I have a LEMP and at least for me, is not worth it really. I mean… It’s just a smartwatch. Could by riskier than a smartphone even.

I believe the only thing that could be worth it is that we could be able to copy and paste directly from a computer.

I don’t know well why we cannot. The only way for me, to transfer files to watch, is by using WiFi direct or Bluetooth. By using data cable nothing occurs. Don’t know if root have anything to see with this or it’s something else.

You should be able to use usb to connect watch to pc, have you made,sure that drivers,are installed? I use an app to transfer stuff from the pc to watch but sometimes it easier just to comnect the wafch.

1 Like

@Claudio_Alejandro
Seriously, it is only really possible to use magisk systemless root and it is not worth the effort in our opinion.
Unless you have a specific need - don’t bother.
If you make any changes to the images, your watch will not boot due to the signatures, DM-VERITY and VB META data.

These are the security measures put in place since A8 and above.
If you have the need for this you can visit the XDA development website and have a look.

We don’t discuss it here because too many watches have been destroyed by unfortunate mistakes.

2 Likes

Yes Sonia, drivers are installed and the PC recognizes the internal storage’s watch when I connect him, even I can see the internal folders, but when I made a cut/copy & paste from PC to watch, nothing happens. Doesn’t copy anything to him.
Even I tried with file commander and didn’t let me either. It’s like the internal’s space watch were somehow protected against copy. And using of watch’s file manager to do all of these things it’s really bored…
I’ll see if the same problem occurs with my new and second LEMP within one or two days when it arrives to me.

Thanks Pablo, yes man I don’t wanna try to mess with those things even. Doesn’t even matters to me really.

1 Like

Yep, better safe than very sorry :+1:

1 Like