Help for newbies

I presume WFD stands for watch face designer but how do I get this software…as you can tell ive only just joined the site …thanks

1 Like

You’ll find it here:

2 Likes

@philbybetts I also want to add that you will also need Java Runtime environment to run the file. Just Google it and download the version for your OS. It is currently supported by Windows XP or above, Mac OSX, and most distros of Linux. Just install it on any computer or windows tablet that you want to run WFD on and you should be fine. As @Marco_Ferreira is working on a newer version of the software, I recommend downloading the most current, up-to-date version that your system will support, for full compatibility. WFD 0.14.1 is the most current version, but Marco is working on 0.14.2.

1 Like

How to install a watch face from “Watchface Designer” onto a FAW specifically the LOKMAT APPLLP9 straight out of the box.

The zip file has to go in
SDCard/clockskin
The full path of which is.
/data/data/com.arachnoid.sshelper/files/home/SDCard/clockskin

I got mine there via SSHelper and scp -r -P 2222 :SDCard/clockskin.
This recursively copied the file over.

Long press on the current watch face, scroll all the way to the right, hit the recycle icon in the upper left of watch, long press on the current watch face, scroll all the way to the right…there’s the new watchface.

Just a reminder, never delete a watchface that you are using.

Sonia, can you elaborate? My paranoia says that if I delete the watch face showing…my watch will melt away.
Does this do anything bad?
Is the bad behavior specific to the launcher being used? Ie if I’m using a different launcher is everything ok?

I maybe didnt clear it, if you put custom watchfaces on you watch from here or any site just keep in mind not to delete the one that you use, make sure before you delete you put the watch on different face, right @pablo11 ?maybe it is different with android above A7.it isnt the launcher or any launcher.

2 Likes

Yes, it always makes good sense not to delete the face that you are using right now unless it is causing problems.
If you have deleted any faces it is always best to long press on the launcher as if you are changing the face - and then scroll to the left until you get to the end of the list of faces and then click on the refresh icon.
This updates the launcher “face database”

4 Likes