Guide- USB MTP Device issue

MTP has never been well supported by Windows. This has led to Windows updates breaking MTP support about every couple months. Even forced driver updates often fail to fix the issue. Here is one possible solution for Window 10 users (have not tested it on other versions of Windows).

1. Open Device Manager
  2. Connect watch to PC (you should see a device pop up in the list with an exclamation point)
  3. Right click on that device

4) Select “Update Driver”

6) Select "Let me pick..." 7) Select "MTP USB Device" then "Next"

*Note
This has to be done individually for every device you are having problems with.

Cleaned up thread

Thanks for this - you beat me to it

My question support MS and Answer

Title: Connecting watches KW88
Reaction MS
Now it occurred to me that it reads just … The last update brought the problem of invisibility second disk on which MS is working. But it is possible that support watch manufacturer already knows where the rub is ready with a response: awaiting repair MS updates. Then no choice but to wait for the repair update.

Název: Připojení hodinek KW88

Reakce
Ted mne napadlo, ze prece jen… Poslední aktualizace prinesla problém s neviditelnosti druhého disku, na kterém MS pracuje. Je ale mozne, ze podpora výrobce hodinek uz o tom vi, kde je zakopany pes a ma pripravenou odpověď: Cekame na opravu aktualizace MS. Pak nezbyva, nez na opravu aktualizace počkat.

EDIT

Does anyone drivers for KW88? link please   I do not have a PC

Does not work for me for x5 but z80 does

how do i connect my Kingwear KW88 to my PC if it doesn’t recognise the smartwatch in Device Manager?

Sept 17, 2016 18:41:32 GMT 1 Splen said:
Does not work for me for x5 but z80 does

make sure you have the drivers on your pc, and make sure before  you do the settings go on your watch and choose mtp and then to the settings as written.
Sept 24, 2016 18:55:12 GMT 1 rimasi98 said:
how do i connect my Kingwear KW88 to my PC if it doesn't recognise the smartwatch in Device Manager?

first make sure that you downloaded the vcom drivers and that you installed them.

Today i reflashed the watch and i can’t connet to pc over MTP.
When i turn on the USB debug then TADAMM it’s connect immedietly. It’s a fool thing.

Oct 17, 2016 19:00:44 GMT 1 janek said:
Today i reflashed the watch and i can't connet to pc over MTP. When i turn on the USB debug then TADAMM it's connect immedietly. It's a fool thing.

Sometimes I have to install the MTP drivers multiple times a day and am doing nothing more than transferring files. And it’s not just the watches either, but all my Andorid devices. Basically, Windows hates MTP and is completely stupid when it comes to USB. Think I’m joking, take a USB device and start plugging it into different ports, Windows will install a driver every time you switch ports.

images not showing up

Feb 1, 2017 8:30:46 GMT 1 sakifx9 said:
images not showing up

what do you need?

i can not install the drivers it comes up like this

Feb 1, 2017 12:04:53 GMT 1 sakifx9 said:
i can not install the drivers it comes up like this

have you installed the dirvers? if not use this guide and link for drivers:http:///thread/193/install-vcom-drivers-smartwatches-win10

yes I have installed the drivers.

Feb 2, 2017 7:26:38 GMT 1 sakifx9 said:

ok, did you install mtp usb for the computer to recognize your watch?

Feb 2, 2017 8:48:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Feb 2, 2017 7:26:38 GMT 1 sakifx9 said:

where do I confirm I have installed that?

Feb 2, 2017 9:21:50 GMT 1 sakifx9 said:

Feb 2, 2017 8:48:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

where do I confirm I have installed that?

in devices manager you have to see your watch if you do’nt you’ll have to install them.

I installed the drivers, but the same thing shows up…