great video about the Microwear smartwatch H2 - full review!

this watch for me is the best, it has great battery life, easy to use, easy to navigate with it, gps works just fine and same for bluetooth, i use it with my bt headset and it works without disconnections the only downside of the watch for someone like me who use smartwatches mainly for workouts is that it is’nt waterproof, i hope that the next H2 will be ip67 or even better ip68.

enjoy:))

Mine arrived yesterday with “ bluetooth calling “ ready to use . Only problem is “ santa “ has hidden it ? Roll on christmas day :+1:

Dec 13, 2017 13:34:16 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Mine arrived yesterday with “ bluetooth calling “ ready to use . Only problem is “ santa “ has hidden it ? Roll on christmas day 👍

i have'nt used the bt call app and not gonna use it, but enjoy this watch i love mine:) marry christmas:)))

Dec 13, 2017 13:46:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 13, 2017 13:34:16 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Mine arrived yesterday with “ bluetooth calling “ ready to use . Only problem is “ santa “ has hidden it ? Roll on christmas day :+1:

i have’nt used the bt call app and not gonna use it, but enjoy this watch i love mine:) marry christmas:)))

Merry christmas

Mine come on January, I can´t wait… And thanks Sonia i followed your suggest, i bought this one for you.

Dec 14, 2017 15:28:53 GMT 1 sabocr said:
Mine come on January, I can´t wait… And thanks Sonia i followed your suggest, i bought this one for you.

too much on my shoulders

, it is a great watch but guys be careful mine got corrosion and i had to clean it up and to be careful when i workout with it i can’t use something under neath it cos i need the HR sensor, it turns out it is’nt waterproof even though they said it is a sport edition, just be careful with yours and if you can plz write them on their YT channel about the position of the speaker which is stupid. guys, it is a great watch and if we complain about the back cover and the position of the speaker they might consider upgrade it, and then i’ll buy new one:)))))

Dec 13, 2017 16:55:58 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:

Dec 13, 2017 13:46:59 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
i have’nt used the bt call app and not gonna use it, but enjoy this watch i love mine:) marry christmas:)))

Merry christmas

Dec 14, 2017 17:32:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 14, 2017 15:28:53 GMT 1 sabocr said:

too much on my shoulders

, it is a great watch but guys be careful mine got corrosion and i had to clean it up and to be careful when i workout with it i can’t use something under neath it cos i need the HR sensor, it turns out it is’nt waterproof even though they said it is a sport edition, just be careful with yours and if you can plz write them on their YT channel about the position of the speaker which is stupid. guys, it is a great watch and if we complain about the back cover and the position of the speaker they might consider upgrade it, and then i’ll buy new one:)))))

Dec 13, 2017 13:18:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
this watch for me is the best, it has great battery life, easy to use, easy to navigate with it, gps works just fine and same for bluetooth, i use it with my bt headset and it works without disconnections the only downside of the watch for someone like me who use smartwatches mainly for workouts is that it is’nt waterproof, i hope that the next H2 will be ip67 or even better ip68.

enjoy:))

so what is the firmware on this watch, mine does not have the bluetooth, (which I don't care about), but the health app looks handy, and is much better than the version on mine, is it available on this site or on the Microwear site?
Dec 14, 2017 18:08:52 GMT 1 tedted said:

Dec 13, 2017 13:18:43 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

/thread/1720/h2-factory-firmware

are you using your watch also for activities?

Dec 14, 2017 19:31:02 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 14, 2017 18:08:52 GMT 1 tedted said:

1. can I just be clear before I go off flashing, the firmware you have linked to includes the snazzy health app as per the video as well, not just the new bluetooth functionality?

1. no I haven’t used mine for activities yet, mainly because I think the health app is quite poor, never really understood the point of knowing my heart rate at a particular instant in time, and not much of a walker, my main exercise is cycling and I think the video showed this as one of the activities the new health app recognises. So what app are you using for HR, or is it the one in the video?

I agree with you about the waterproofing, the watch would be awesome if it had a decent IP rating. And on a side note, I’m ok with the speaker, not attractively designed I would agree, but plenty loud enough for me, and I have hearing deficiencies.

Dec 14, 2017 20:27:13 GMT 1 tedted said:

Dec 14, 2017 19:31:02 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

1. can I just be clear before I go off flashing, the firmware you have linked to includes the snazzy health app as per the video as well, not just the new bluetooth functionality?

1. no I haven’t used mine for activities yet, mainly because I think the health app is quite poor, never really understood the point of knowing my heart rate at a particular instant in time, and not much of a walker, my main exercise is cycling and I think the video showed this as one of the activities the new health app recognises. So what app are you using for HR, or is it the one in the video?

I agree with you about the waterproofing, the watch would be awesome if it had a decent IP rating. And on a side note, I’m ok with the speaker, not attractively designed I would agree, but plenty loud enough for me, and I have hearing deficiencies.

1.honestly, i have no idea my watch came with the latest firmware, i’ll check that.
2.i was’nt that impressed with the buildin activity app still limited. i use this one:  play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=inc.makerbob.sbobka.heartontop&hl=en
the developer is working on it to sync with more apps:)

no, i meant the position is’nt great because sweat can go through the speaker to the inside of the watch i cleaned it from corrosion once do’nt want to do it again so i’m looking for a solution for the speaker, i hardly use it cos i’m always with BT headset.

tedted that firmware contains both BT calling and fitness app and Microwear is redirecting to our site for firmware upgrades anyway

Dec 15, 2017 10:17:40 GMT 1 nameless said:tedted that firmware contains both BT calling and fitness app and Microwear is redirecting to our site for firmware upgrades anyway

getting increasingly confused

just been on the microwear site and it seems to allow me to download firmware directly with no sign of a re-direct, the date on the firmware is also the same as the date on my watch’s firmware, which does not have the ‘better’ health app?

and nowhere in all the discussions of the revised BT functionality have I seen a reference to other apps being revised as well, so my suspicion is, microwear have revised their health app but not posted new firmware (yet?)

Dec 14, 2017 17:34:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:

Dec 13, 2017 16:55:58 GMT 1 Tim And Pierce Collins said:
Merry christmas

Dec 14, 2017 17:32:22 GMT 1 soniasophie9697 said:
too much on my shoulders

I Sonia, how is H2 battery?
Is better than lemfo les 1?

How much does it last?

Thanks

Dec 16, 2017 15:36:32 GMT 1 digital said:

the H2 last full 24hr with 3g and gps 24\7 with about 2hrs wifi\bt usage. i use m2d for notifications that way i can use it with 3g.

Hey, is it worth getting this watch? It’s going to be my first ever smartwatch and i feel like this seems to have everything i need, good cpu, ram and storage. Also a bezel less display which i love! The battery capacity is also pretty good. What is the downside about this? Why is it so cheap? I haven’t seen any other watch with specs like this for a price like this.

I have heard problems that the watch just stops working and that the battery is pretty poor, what do you guys think abuot that?
Does this work with iPhone aswell? Can you make calls without a sim?

Great review btw!

Dec 17, 2017 1:01:38 GMT 1 hanemin said:
Hey, is it worth getting this watch? It's going to be my first ever smartwatch and i feel like this seems to have everything i need, good cpu, ram and storage. Also a bezel less display which i love! The battery capacity is also pretty good. What is the downside about this? Why is it so cheap? I haven't seen any other watch with specs like this for a price like this.

I have heard problems that the watch just stops working and that the battery is pretty poor, what do you guys think abuot that?
Does this work with iPhone aswell? Can you make calls without a sim?

Great review btw!

i did’nt have any problems with watch shut down or stop working the only downside is that it is’nt waterproof and the place of the speaker is not great i had to clean the inside from corrosion but i have’nt heard anyone else that had this problem.  

I also liked the review!
How accurate is heart rate measuring? Anybody tested it? Is it usable?

Dec 15, 2017 11:41:33 GMT 1 tedted said:
Dec 15, 2017 10:17:40 GMT 1 nameless said:tedted

that firmware contains both BT calling and fitness app and Microwear is redirecting to our site for firmware upgrades anyway

getting increasingly confused

just been on the microwear site and it seems to allow me to download firmware directly with no sign of a re-direct, the date on the firmware is also the same as the date on my watch’s firmware, which does not have the ‘better’ health app?

and nowhere in all the discussions of the revised BT functionality have I seen a reference to other apps being revised as well, so my suspicion is, microwear have revised their health app but not posted new firmware (yet?)

I must say that I’m a bit confused too. I’ve checked their site couple of weeks before (around the time I got H2) and they had a link to our thread with updated firmware along the link to general forum (as a partner support). Now all that’s left is that latter link and somewhat outdated info about BT calling feature coming soon

(and they are literally selling H2s with that feature already in)

As for any changelog type info almost none of those companies publish one (and if they are they are all like - “fixing bugs”). Earlier version of H2 firmware (but still one that got BT calling) had chinese name for calc app, fitness app was there too (I haven’t seen earlier firmwares cause mine was already BT Call enabled).

Anyway you can ask someone here that has bought H2 lately and ask for  firmware version  (and compare this with version hosted here on our forum).