Gerald Genta watch, Dagobert Duck

This is a Scrooge McDuck Watch by Gerald Genta. It’s a retrograde one-hand watch. I posted a Donald Duck Watch a few days ago. Now his uncle follows, so he won’t be so lonely. Since there was little work on the watch face itself, I invested some time in the font of the hour display: Since I couldn’t find the characteristic font anywhere, I recreated it using the templates. I think it’s pretty close to the original…

Enjoy.

credits: -https://www.geraldgenta.com/

Download for UL: -Dagobert3.zip - Google Drive

download for Stocklauncher 7.1 and higher,
400x400px screens: -Dagobert6.zip - Google Drive

Download specifically for Doons watch. (Ok, and for all other Prime2 running on Stocklauncher): -Dagobert7.zip - Google Drive

clock_skin_model

dagobertpromo

12 Likes

Cool . Thanks G :+1:

1 Like

Thank you, Doc. Maybe I’ll add a stocklauncher version later. I have an idea how to enable single-digit number display for Stock Launcher as well.

2 Likes

Very nice G1N! :+1: :+1: Interesting style watch face, I don’t think I have seen that particular style before. I think you’ll get a lot of down…er…never mind, it’s a well known fact you don’t give a sh*t about downloads! :crazy_face: :rofl: Looking forward to seeing a SL version mate when you have the time. Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Sounds like a plan :+1::handshake:

1 Like

I just have added a stocklauncher version. Works for stocklauncher 7.1 and higher with 400x400px screens. You have to switch to 12 hour mode.
Have fun.

1 Like

Downloading now . Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Ok, the behavior of the retrograde minute hand is different on the Stock Launcher than the Universal Launcher. I understand the problem and can fix it. I won’t find time to adjust it until tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

Ok, the Stocklauncher version is fixed. It works fine now. You have to use 12 hour mode.

1 Like

Great . Thanks mate

1 Like

Thanks, Doc. I haven’t used this trick for about two years. But it still works fine.

1 Like

Thanks for knocking out an SL model G1N ! :+1: :+1: I dropped it onto my Prime and it looks splendid mate! But of course…on this size screen (After the Kospet Lite) it is like watching a movie in CinemaScope! Just out of interest G!N…was it a big job to convert this face from UL to SL? Just curious mate. Cheers, “That is the Biggest Duck I ever did see” :rofl:, Doons

1 Like

It’s working in your Prime2? Strange. I thought it would need 400x400px sreens. I’ll check later.

2 Likes

Looks fine to me G1N…the only thing that might not be right (And I am only guessing here!) is that the number in the big window at the bottom is a little bit “Faint”…not as dark as all the other numerals…but looking good to me! Cheers, Doons

Adding a pic of it G1N in case it helps mate! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

Could you change the time to 11am and send a new picture?

Wow! I didn’t think I could change the time so fast on this bugger yet! :rofl: Ok mate…something wrong on the face now as you can see! Cheers, Doons

Just set it back to my time 5.00pm and it looks normal again. Cheers, Doons

2 Likes

Looks brilliant on big screen :+1::+1:

1 Like

It surely does Andy! But when G1N asked me to put it too 11am, as you can see the 11 is all blurred. I have no idea why it does that, but then again , I have no idea how any of these faces do what they do! :woozy_face: And, as I said, I am still trying to find my way around this beast! Cheers, Doons

1 Like

@Doonsbury It took me many hours of work to find a way to create a stock launcher version that doesn’t work exactly on your watch. This is maximally subtle, isn’t it? My project “convince the old bastard to finally use UL” goes into the next round.

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: Ah…“Maximally subtle” indeed @G1NT0N1C !!! :woozy_face: :crazy_face: :rofl: I promise you faithfully…on the heads of my unborn children ( :woozy_face: :crazy_face:) that I WILL try UL on the Prime. But at the moment I am having a few probs navigating my way around the prime…Many apps (Fitness, Music, Assistant…all seem to be missing from the app screen…even Background cleaner is no longer findable…well not by me anyway! :woozy_face: No doubt they are on the watch somewhere…just a matter of locating them…but interesting that they are not on the “App” screen…I mean where Settings, phone.calendar, etc are) So I’ll be a few days searching the forum to find out where they are and how I can get them on the App screen.
But Hey, I really appreciate your trying to make a SL face mate! :+1: :+1: (As a matter of fact it is 9.02 pm here and the watch face is still showing the correct time…and still looking GOOD! Cheers, “How the hell do you find your way around this monster”, Doons

And I am NOT old…I am “Age challenged”!! :woozy_face: :rofl:

1 Like