Genesis is not charging at all

Sorry to hear this but if you have exhausted every option we have provided above you will need to contact jason . Normally one of the above options work . Thankyou

I have the new genisis watch I love it but all of a suddenly it will not accept a charge at all
As the phone won’t work I hope you can provide a solution

Hi . Read this post and the one above . There are many solutions to this

Make sure your watch has cooled right down , make sure you use main cable . Worth a read then let us know

Thanks

3 Likes

Now I have this problem. I tried everything mentioned including refrigeration and flashing but no luck so far. Here’s the sequence of events:

I went out to mow the lawn and listened to music on the watch. It got warm but not overly so and I didn’t get a heat warning.

When I got in I noticed the heart rate monitor wasn’t working (no flashing light) so I rebooted. It wouldn’t boot. Using the two button method it did boot, but HR still didn’t work so I turned it off to cool down to room temp.

But then it wouldn’t boot at all. Using both buttons the logo comes on for a while but then the screen goes black. And it won’t charge with either the dock or main cable.

I then tried the refrigerator trick - no change. Then I flashed the watch firmware which succeeded, but it still won’t boot or charge.

Even though I wasn’t particularly sweaty, the sim bay was taped up, and the cameras are clear I’m going to try drying it out. Since the HR was the first sign of trouble I wonder if moisture got in there somehow.

1 Like

Morning . When you put in a bag of rice make sure the sim tray cover is removed . Seal the bag and put somewhere a little warm ie window cill . It appears the HRM can be one of the things first to be affected by sweat

After leaving it overnight it now charges, boots, and HR is working. Whew!

4 Likes

Great news . Good to hear

Aside from the sim door, what are other possible points of entry for moisture? Do you know how resistant the speaker opening is for example?

We don’t know for sure. We only found that many of the problems we observed were due to moisture ingress.

1 Like

I have tried putting the watch in rice 3 times and now it won’t even turn on

Have you tried all the various charging options on this forum . Although it wont turn on does it get warm when you try to charge

I’ve tried all charging options and yes the watch dose get a little warm but not hot

Ok, since you have exhausted all possibilities, you should contact Jason now and coordinate the further procedure with him.

2 Likes

Only thing I can think of to suggest is that you.

1. Remove the back of the watch
  2. Figure out where the battery connector is on the motherboard and detach it
  3. Put the cover back together with the screws
  4. plug in the charger and see if the watch powers up
  5. If it powers up leave it on and see how long it works
  6. If it stays on with no problem then the battery has a short
  7. Order a new battery

Beebees before you post information like this I suggest you make sure your information is accurate. In an earlier post Pablo displayed this picture of the Genesis and suggested that with the Genesis disconnecting the battery is not feasible. Plus you failed to mention that opening up the case generally voids your warranty.

2 Likes

Sorry, I thought opening any electronic product generally voids the warranty. I also have years of experience with these devices and never had a problem with a watch not repowering after simply removing the back. I personally could take these down to the main components and put it back together again

Beebees ok that is you. But to pass along this information without regard who you are communicating with is not necessarily a good idea. Not everyone has your knowledge or capabilities. Also, as Pablo’s post points out, not all these watches are the made the same.
In some cases just removing the back improperly could disable the watch. Past posts on
this forum attests to this.

Did your watch ever get working? Mine hasn’t and all I want to do is exchange it for a working one. I can’t understand why that would be a problem

Hi . No one said returning is a issue . What i meant was that returning and replacing takes time. The solutions were to save you this , nothing more .

Bro, nope, never worked for me. I tried all the options and still no luck. no energy left for me. so I gave up. not worth replacing for 2 reasons. 1) takes again lot of your effort and time 2) no guarantee that the replacing one also will work fine or not