Genesis Firmware and discussion - updated FW added to the folder

Is there a possibility of using live wallpapers on the Genisis? I need to use watchmaker live so I can use a custom watch face that displays my blood glucose from xdrip. Unless someone has a better solution .

@maerlyn13 Animated faces should work by default.
Have you looked at the watch face section here?
It’s huge and many skilled people who can help you.

Live wallpaper usually don’t work on our watches.

1 Like

As @Eric_Crochemore said this wont work but you can use moving .gif files in clockskins ( not wallpapers ) . As long as the files are not too big and crash to clockskin engine . You can sometimes get two .gifs to work on one clockskin but rarely as watch will struggle and one will stop . I will send you a example

@Dr_Andy_Vishnu can WFD use animated sources?
It would be great if it is possible.

It certainly can and very very easy to do . Anyone can download from the web there favourite .gif moving clip and drop it into any clockskin . Obviously if its huge it can crash the watch ( or brick it ) but always recoverable . As @G1NT0N1C calls me the KING OF GIF’s :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve looked extensively. The problem is you have to pull the values from another program (xdrip) to display on the watchface. Nobody seems to be able to do this. It just wouldn’t be a pre made animated gif.

@maerlyn13 Yes I understand this.
I think it is better to go to the watch face section to discuss this.
It is a problem that you would face on any of the watches because the recent products all share the same watch face engine.
So in this case it is nothing to do with the Genesis watch itself.
I will take care of moving this into the correct area of the forum where the right people can discuss options with you.
I’m not sure that live wallpaper will fix this either but we will see.

Hello again friends! I am trying to sync my work (outlook) calendar with Google calendars. I did some research and found that the way to do it is to make sure the outlook account is added in the “Accounts” section of settings as a Microsoft Exchange account. When I try to do that I am getting this message. I am not familiar with certificates and not entirely sure what this means. When i select “install” it takes me to my documents which is empty. Any ideas?

i pablo i got a new watch but 1 week later same issue …im trying to flash it as per jason advise but i can get the scatter file or understant wich file is the firmware could you help me with this please

Have you followed our YT channel tutorial ?

1 Like

will this correct the issue the with dying? Jason sent me a new watch, it did the same thing. This time it I made sure while charging I removed it from the charging cable within 5 minutes of it reaching 100% so it wouldn’t overheat. I turned it off since I was going to bed and wasn’t going to wear it. Tried to turn it on… no joy!

Put it in the fridge for 30 minutes and then try powering it on.
Jason tells me that this is working for 90% of watches returned.
No the firmware here is exactly the same as the one on your watch.
So a factory reset is the same as flashing.

2 Likes

Can I ask - why are you flashing it?
This is the same as the firmware on your watch right now…

I wasn’t flashing it, I was asking if flashing it would solve the issue. Apparently not. I couldn’t flash it anyway, my computer can’t see it anymore since it won’t turn on.

@troutbum Ok no worries.

So did you put it in the refrigerator for some time like I mentioned before?
And then charge for maybe an hour using a regular phone charger (not a fast charger) with the direct attach USB cable?

Heya I completed followed the steps yet there are no signs of the firmware upgrading. Why is that?
Flashing is not as difficult as people think - once the MTK driver is installed.
These details assume you have a Windows PC/Laptop. If you have a MAC I cannot support it.
Linux is possible but you will need to find the drivers and flash tool - it’s recommended to use Windows.

To install the driver you just extract the file and run as administrator and reboot your PC.
Watch should be well charged and powered off and USB cable connected (at the watch end) to the dock or the watch - depending which way you choose - see below.

Extract the firmware to a folder you can create on your desktop.
Extract the flash tool to your desktop. It’s a self contained app in it’s own folder and the .exe file is in this folder you extracted. Jut run it from there.

Open the flash tool and a widow will pop up saying there is no scatter file. Don’t worry - this is normal. Dismiss the warning and use the scatter file browse button to browse to the firmware IMAGE folder which is in your extracted firmware folder. Select the scatter file.

Now the firmware will load into the flash tool.
Select “firmware upgrade” option in the flash tool
I have done all these steps but it doesn’t show any progress. Please reply asap

This is the only firmware for the genesis it’s not a upgrade.

1 Like

as @Besty said, it’s the same firmware as is already on the watch, but concerning your question, there is two steps missing(at the end):

• press download
  • connect the watch
4 Likes