Genesis Firmware and discussion - updated FW added to the folder

With charger disconnected

Just my 2 cents here
I have a load USB chargers. many from Samsung phones I bought
from my understanding if you plug into your PC its low amp charging.
Most the chargers bought nowadays are 2.1
I only use the data function when USB is plugged into PC
the rest of the time I use a device plugged into mains that has 6 USB slots.

1 Like

Sounds like @Cedric_calixte andI have the exact same problem.

Did you try what @pablo11 just suggested above ? Thanks

2 Likes

Have you tried pressing the top and bottom buttons down for 15 to 20 seconds and see what happens?
Without being attached to the charger?

yes it definetly look like the same thing

I know this is a mute point right now but want to clear up your, "will not work with AT&T. They told me the same thing because they want you to buy one of their $$$ watches. This is a GSM device and AT&T is GSM carrier. I believe what they really mean is you cannot use the device with your AT&T account.
I can take my AT&T sim card out of my phone and put it in the watch and it will work. Once I unlocked my AT&T phone I can put my T-Mobile sim card in my phone and it will work.

3 Likes

I have AT&T on the watch with 3G service working fine their CS will tell you it’s non compatible device but as long as they carry over IMEI number to their system and you configure your APN settings it works.

2 Likes

Yes, I did press both buttons same time. It made no difference as shown in the Videos I sent to you is what happens each and every time. The phone not working with At&t is nullified because the watch is not working properly. I do believe it’s a issue with watch and not charging, it tries to charge but because the start screen and the heart rate green light coming on Uses more than what is coming in power wise. The watch getting pretty warm Is also a concern as it be another issue casing the watch to turn immediately off and have to wait for it to cool down, and disconnect the power. Then if you reconnect power it will repeat the process above.

Valid points but there is nothing wrong with charging with a 2.1 amp charger. 2.1A is the amount of power it is capable of providing. It does not mean it always supplies 2.1A. The charge circuit in the watch determines the charge rate. I always charge my watches connected to a 2A charger using a USB inline Volt/Amp meter. It shows the amount of voltage and current being supplied to the watch. The Genesis charges at about .45APH or a little less than 1/2A. I always check when hooking it up to make sure it is working normal.

USB tester

1 Like

I have one of those in line charging cables. I concur with you.

@FinalTouch0511, @Cedric_calixte, @troutbum,

Yes, my theory is that putting the watch on the dock while it was off got the watch into a bootloop. For most watches, I believe, this wouldn’t be a problem as it would stop trying to boot when you remove it from the dock / unplug the charging cable, but for the genesis it seems the bootloop continues after removing it from the dock. It’s a long time since I used the finow x5, but I believe that it had the same problem which I believe the genesis have. Back then I got out of the bootloop by following a tip from one of smartwatchticks’ videos, namely to disconnect the battery for a while.

So if you would be comfortable with it you could try to disconnect the battery for maybe ten minutes / half an hour or something and see if it will charge with the cable afterwards. However, if you’re considering to return it, it might be better for you not to try this. Flashing the firmware might also be worth trying.

1 Like

Thank you, @noidremained. We’ll have to check this.
@pablo11, @Eric_Crochemore, @iscle, @Dr_Andy_Vishnu

1 Like

What I’d try:

1. Charge the watch directly using the cable, and not through the dock.
  2. Clean the charging connectors with a bit of alcohol (while disconnected, of course) to try and make better contact.
  3. If it still doesn’t help, try flashing the firmware again.
1 Like

I seem to have the same issue. this is all my watch will do, or the logo shows briefly. the videos are when I tried to charge through my laptop

I am also in agreement that it is in a BootLoop.

Yeah… I’m not about to open it up and void the warranty, I’ve had the watch less than 2 weeks. Wouldn’t the watch need to be on to flash the firmware?

Is your green light on as well on the back of the watch?

Ok, so this is what i have tried…

1. Hooked it up to a 3.0 usb port. Still does the same thing shows the dead battery, then shows the kronos blade screen at same time green light is on. Then watch turns off and is warm.

2. I downloaded the firmware to my computer. Guess what can’t download to watch because watch is not working properly. Not being recognized.

3. Hitting BOTH side buttons does absolutely nothing.

I am all for trying things but, in the short of things there is a flaw and others are having the exact same issue.

The dock has no lights on at all.
Have you charged the dock?
If you have charged it - have you pressed the little button on the top of the dock to check if the lights come on?

It looks like the dock is empty…