Genesis Firmware and discussion - updated FW added to the folder

I will offer a suggestion. I have used this battery calibration app on all my Android watches. I found it to work very well when my battery shuts off at less than 0-2% or won’t charge to 100% Follow the instructions or it may not help. When the watch is discharged (best) or needing a charge apply power to the watch. The calibration screen will pop up. Follow the instructions. Wait until it charges to 100%. Follow the remaining instructions. My watch will now charge to 100% and go all the way to 0 before shutting down as desired. The window will pop up each time you plug in the watch but unless a calibration is needed just ignore it and the watch will charge normally. You will get a notice when it has fully charged. I have found the calibration process is only needed a couple times a year.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=io.batteryapps.batterycalibration

2 Likes

Your link is not working . Thanks

maybe you misunderstood it? do you remember which video it was?

I just clicked on the link and it worked?
Here is a screen shot of the app in the PS.

SBC app

1 Like

Yep. It’s worth a try.
I’m really interested in what is going on here.

doesn’t work for me either

1 Like

I apologize for whatever is going on here. When I click on the link it works. But if I do a pure search for the app in the PS nothing. I searched in apk.pure web site. The app does not show up in the list. So I did a DDS search for the app/deadwine studios and there was a link for the app in “apk.pure.” Opened the link and there it is so lets try this again.

Battery Calbration apk.pure

1 Like

I get to the page and it says battery calibration simulation…

Is this correct? Simulated Battery Calibration_v1.5_apkpure.com.apk (3.0 MB)

That is correct.

1 Like

Ok cool.
Well there it is :grin::ok_hand:

1 Like

Got it now . Thanks :+1:

1 Like

This is the video when Mr. Kronos says of that app from where you can call from phone. Starts at 7: 35 to say about an app that can be found on google play, TEXT NOW is the name. Do you have any idea about it?

Do you live in USA or Canada ?
Basically this is nothing to do with Bluetooth.
If you are in that country you can use it and I believe it is free but I can’t comment further because I do not live there and so it does not appear in the Play Store for me.
Here is their site https://www.textnow.com/how-it-works
It’s free with ads or you can pay to get rid of the ads.

Quote from their site
# Is TextNow Available In My Country?

We’re very excited to say that TextNow is available for download in many countries outside of the US and Canada. As long as you have a data connection (like WiFi) you can get a free number and call North American numbers for free. If you want to call a local number outside of the US/Canada you will need to buy International Long Distance credits.

Hi. My new Genesis is totally locked. The pattern I have forgot and The Bluetooth with the app don’t work. What to do ?

you can flash it with the firmware, look in this thread: Genesis Firmware and discussion

I don’t understand why you would tell him to flash the firmware when he really hasn’t identified his problem.
For example what were you doing when the watch “locked” and what do you mean by locked is it just not responding to touch?
When he says pattern what does he mean? Did he put in a screen lock and now doesn’t remember it.
What does the BT app have to do with the problem?
Without knowing anything else I would initially reboot the watch.
At some point he may have to flash the firmware to restore the watch but if he is new to these watches he could just make it worse if he doesn’t know how to flash a device.

1 Like

that’s how I understood it

my guess about that is that he thought it would work like an android wear watch where you control about everything on the watch from the phone

3 Likes

Yes I forgot the pattern. In the app you can unlock device

This is not possible with these watches. You can try to find the right pattern, but flashing the watch will help for sure. You should read the post that @noidremained linked for you.

You are the guy that Jason emailed and I replied to?
As I said in the email you have to flash the firmware. It cannot be unlocked once you have forgotten the pass pattern.

Flashing is simple as I said in the email.
Just pop over to the Genesis firmware thread and download what you need.
Watch a couple of videos on YouTube about "flashing firmware using SP flash tool " to gain confidence if needed.

3 Likes